PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, TheINC said:

In 2 weeks Williams is riding the pine for 60% of the game.  

This will be fun to come back to after Week 3's game.

• Like 1

The Williams owners make no sense saying that even after this game Williams will get all of the goal line work and McCoy will be change of pace back. First off, the better RUNNER will eventually get the early down and goal line work. After today’s performance, I’m not sure how you can justify Williams is the better runner. 

10 hours ago, TheINC said:

Don't like and act like you drafted Shady, no one on this thread believes you.  You are delusional that he's washed and Williams is the better player so no way you drafted Shady at all.  And all the crap you talked, in the end Shady was far from washed (as most expected he wasn't) - he was the better back, the more efficient back, and the better overall back.  In 2 weeks Williams is riding the pine for 60% of the game.  

Bold statement 

[A bunch of chest-thumping removed.  No, we do not actually want / need anyone to post screenshots of their rosters here.]

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I own Damien and McCoy and started Damien this week.  I'm leaning towards McCoy next week.  I think once he learns the playbook on the passing plays he will be promoted to starter with easily 60% of touches at RB.

Edited by seadog54

5 minutes ago, seadog54 said:

I own Damien and McCoy and started Damien this week.  I'm leaning towards McCoy next week.  I think once he learns the playbook on the passing plays he will be promoted to starter with easily 60% of touches at RB.

As a McCoy owner, I'm really happy with the way this weekend went.  With just a week in KC he's already got 30% of the snaps.  One has to imagine that that is going to only increase as the season goes on once he gets more comfortable with the playbook.  IMO Williams is going to have to be substantially more efficient with his runs if he's going to hold McCoy off.  McCoy is older but his vision and explosion are noticeably superior.  It's only week 1 and there shouldn't be an overreaction but yesterday was a lot better for McCoy than i anticipated.

I guess the crazy, uneducated opinion that McCoy has no business being in the NFL can be put to rest.  

Shady's comments after yesterday.

“I study all day, all night, all morning. I get up early, workout, and get back and study. I’ve been prepared. Honestly, I don’t know all the different terminologies the guys had in camp, but they simplify it a lot more just based on game plan. I feel comfortable in there. I probably had one mess up mentally, but other than that I was locked in. I want to earn myself on this team. I don’t want it just because of my name or what I’ve done in the past. I want to earn it. These guys are already established. It’s been a great offense before I got here and if I wasn’t even here it would still be a great offense. I just want to be a part of it, earn every play I get and every possession.”

• Like 5

Hopefully there will be a practice report this week that tells us who is getting more reps with the 1's.

I still don't think McCoy wins it outright until week 3 or so, but it is certainly trending that way.  I don't see any worse than a 50/50 for McCoy at this point, making him at least a weekly flex in this offense.

• Haha 2

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:09 PM, SheikYerbuti said:

I'd happily bet you up to $100 he's under 7 TDs on December 1.

Injury to either DW or Shady voids the bet.

You in?

Lol who said anything about December 1?

That is a weird caveat you added to a potential bet. What is that all about??? How about, ummm, Week 16 like a normal fantasy player...

2 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

As a McCoy owner, I'm really happy with the way this weekend went.  With just a week in KC he's already got 30% of the snaps.  One has to imagine that that is going to only increase as the season goes on once he gets more comfortable with the playbook.  IMO Williams is going to have to be substantially more efficient with his runs if he's going to hold McCoy off.  McCoy is older but his vision and explosion are noticeably superior.  It's only week 1 and there shouldn't be an overreaction but yesterday was a lot better for McCoy than i anticipated.

I guess the crazy, uneducated opinion that McCoy has no business being in the NFL can be put to rest.  

Shady's comments after yesterday.

This, as a Williams owner, worries me more then the rest. He's hungry. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Odds on McCoy taking over? Reid is a single RB guy and they sure used him a lot for a guy they picked up days before opening day.

23 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Odds on McCoy taking over? Reid is a single RB guy and they sure used him a lot for a guy they picked up days before opening day.

32.3% repeating of course 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Hopefully there will be a practice report this week that tells us who is getting more reps with the 1's.

I still don't think McCoy wins it outright until week 3 or so, but it is certainly trending that way.  I don't see any worse than a 50/50 for McCoy at this point, making him at least a weekly flex in this offense.

Agree.

It's pretty clear that Shady is the better pure runner.  I think Reid would be nuts to not start working Shady as the main guy on first/second down and around the goal line.

Thing is though that Shady is also a great receiver....They haven't even really tapped that part of his game.

It probably does stay around a 50/50 split though.  I mean, Williams is still a pretty good player that can run okay and has value as a receiver.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.

It's pretty clear that Shady is the better pure runner.  I think Reid would be nuts to not start working Shady as the main guy on first/second down and around the goal line.

Thing is though that Shady is also a great receiver....They haven't even really tapped that part of his game.

It probably does stay around a 50/50 split though.  I mean, Williams is still a pretty good player that can run okay and has value as a receiver.

I wouldn't proclaim Shady as the better runner based off 1 week sample size. I still thik Shady takes over though.

Either way, I think both can be sustained. Shady as rb2 and Damien as rb3, especially with Tyreek Hill gone.

6 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I wouldn't proclaim Shady as the better runner based off 1 week sample size. I still thik Shady takes over though.

Either way, I think both can be sustained. Shady as rb2 and Damien as rb3, especially with Tyreek Hill gone.

1 week sample size? They both have multi-year careers in which McCoy beats Williams in virtually every statistic.  The only thing Williams has going for him is he was there first, and that ain't gonna last long.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

When Reid settles on a lead back, he sticks with him and only starts giving another back more carries when his lead gets injured. That’s how it’s been with him as long as I can remember, so unless Williams gets injured, he will remain the lead back. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

When Reid settles on a lead back, he sticks with him and only starts giving another back more carries when his lead gets injured. That’s how it’s been with him as long as I can remember, so unless Williams gets injured, he will remain the lead back. 

Ok but why did he instantly pick up McCoy and pay him more than D Williams who he’s been bad mouthing all summer?

• Thanks 1

Just now, FreakFries said:

Ok but why did he instantly pick up McCoy and pay him more than D Williams who he’s been bad mouthing all summer?

Because Hyde didn’t work out like they thought he would and they needed another RB on the roster when they cut him. 

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

Because Hyde didn’t work out like they thought he would and they needed another RB on the roster when they cut him. 

Starter money for a backup? What about Darwin? McCoy also outplayed D Will Sunday despite only being on the team for 5 days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

So we just gonna act like week 1 didn't happen then?  Word.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

We've seen multiple KC back ups lose snaps or their spot on the depth chart.  That is exactly what Williams is and was signed to be.  He's currently the starter by default not because he's this ultra talented RB.  

Shady McCoy just seen 30% of the offensive snaps despite not knowing the playbook and only being in KC for a week.  That's the highest time share of any back up since 2016 despite those flags.  Think it's crazy to predict that time share to decrease.

Worst case for Williams/ McCoy owners is a 50/ 50 split IMO.  If Williams continues to look terrible as a runner there could very well be a significant lean towards McCoy who's every bit the pass catcher.  There is a reason that it was a priority to get McCoy to KC and give him a large time share week 1.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Except they didn't cut Hyde.  They traded him after coming to an agreement with McCoy.  

• Like 1