Rotoworld.com Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Not really. In deep leagues, sure. To claim he should have been on a roster with Gore and Shady ahead of him is bizarre. I mean, if you are in a league with people who don’t draft well, then I guess you have open spots for a Singletary who was 3rd on the depth chart.

It didn't take too much reading of the tea leaves to realize that 2 aging JAGs ahead of him on the "depth chart" didn't mean much.  But maybe that's just me being bizarre.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

In any decent leagues Singleletary was likely already "nabbed" lol.

Agreed. Can't imagine any competitive leagues where this guy wasn't rostered. Maybe 8-teamers or 1 RB leagues.  But then Singletary probably won't be relevant even now in those formats.

3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

It didn't take too much reading of the tea leaves to realize that 2 aging JAGs ahead of him on the "depth chart" didn't mean much.  But maybe that's just me being bizarre.

Wait what? LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore are JAG's? Ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

It’s about having the roster space. Right now you are just throwing darts. So, if you drop a player who may breakout for a third string RB it doesn’t really make you smart. If he was the clear #2 then sure. But it is Buffalo and he was third on the depth chart by all accounts. He also was not fire in the preseason. If you thought Shady was getting cut today, then you are indeed a genius and I would like your advice on many of life’s challenges.

15 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Wait what? LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore are JAG's? Ok.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic lol, but yeah at this point of their careers.  Aging RBs are the definition of expendable in the NFL.  It's a harsh world out there.

Edited by El_Chingon
2 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic lol, but yeah at this point of their careers.  Aging RBs are the definition of expendable in the NFL.  It's a harsh world out there.

I get that they're old but there's a reason teams are still running them out there. They still add value to a backfield, even though it annoys the s--- out of fantasy football managers.

• Like 1

For FF purposes and If shady wants to be the starter imhoping he goes to either Houston or Tampa. I dont see the chiefs or chargers signing him.

Gordon will be back anyways week 1

Edited by SyNdicateZ
5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

For FF purposes and If shady wants to be the starter imhoping he goes to either Houston or Tampa. I dont see the chiefs or chargers signing him.

Gordon will be back anyways week 1

-I agree KC is a long shot with their depth but he knows the system.

-LAC would make a statement to Gordon if McCoy goes there & maybe that motivates Gordon to sign. I still don’t see him back before week 1 though. 

- If playing time is Shady’s priority, it’ll be the highest bidder between HOU & TB. Probably HOU since they had waaaay more off-season cap space than TB did 

Edited by lvsaint429
35 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It’s about having the roster space. Right now you are just throwing darts. So, if you drop a player who may breakout for a third string RB it doesn’t really make you smart. If he was the clear #2 then sure. But it is Buffalo and he was third on the depth chart by all accounts. He also was not fire in the preseason. If you thought Shady was getting cut today, then you are indeed a genius and I would like your advice on many of life’s challenges.

The shelf life is extremely brief for RBs and they are quickly expendable.  Today's jettisoning of McCoy is proof of that.  Buffalo didn't waste a valuable draft pick (#74 overall) for Singletary to be a 3rd-stringer.

31 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I get that they're old but there's a reason teams are still running them out there. They still add value to a backfield, even though it annoys the s--- out of fantasy football managers.

Great point.   One of those examples of FF and real life football not aligning.    I have no doubt someone signs Shady unless he demands too much money and retires.    Anything from Rb2 to retired are on the table here. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic