PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

I sat him for Christian Kirk and I also sat Phillip Lindsay for David Montgomery. My bench went off smh. I hope David blows up tomorrow. 

Man I know it’s not a huge sample but he’s turned 36 touches into 200 yards, is averaging 5.4 ypc and 2 TDs. Extrapolated over the season is roughly 1100 yards, 11 TDs, and 35 catches. To me that’s his floor if he plays 16 games (which admittedly is very unlikely)...I expect him to improve on a per game basis and maybe play 13-14 games. He’s undoubtedly earned the lead committee job which is going to be 12-14 carries with 2-4 catches and red zone work. I actually prefer to not overwork him as he’s obviously up there in age. I’m very excited about flexing him ROS.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

can we stop with this facacta TOP RANKED RUN DEFENSE, ZOMG!!1!11111!!1!111!

i mean, ferchrissakes, they faced the Dolphins who were down 42-0 before they got off the bus, and then Arizona - who chucked it about 632 times (and DJ was dealing with a wrist injury) - arguably the two worst run blocking o-lines in the leeg, to boot. 

it's not like they shut down Dallas or Vikings or Seahawks ..  gimme a break. 

not saying they aren't a good defense, but, let's put this all in the proper context. 

TIA

17 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

In case you missed last season, the Ravens were the number 1 defense and 4th best against the rush last year and they improved their defense this year. Quit acting like it’s a two game sample size. Anyone who watches the NFL knows how legit their D is, especially their run D. 

... sooooooo, the Chiefs went 26/140/1 yesterday - correct me if i'm wrong, but that's roughly 7x the 20.5 average the RatBirds were yielding thru those first two games. 

boy, things sure do change when ya face a legit juggernaut, eh?

dismissed. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well, what did we learn yesterday?

- The order in which RBs go through pregame warmups (at least for the Chiefs) is irrelevant to who starts.

- When the starter gets a full practice in on Friday, you should expect him to start unless he is inactive.

- Bad weather (as long as it's not too windy) is not a significant hindrance to a running back.  Both the Chiefs and Ravens went bonkers on the ground despite wet conditions.

21 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Well, what did we learn yesterday?

- The order in which RBs go through pregame warmups (at least for the Chiefs) is irrelevant to who starts.

- When the starter gets a full practice in on Friday, you should expect him to start unless he is inactive.

- Bad weather (as long as it's not too windy) is not a significant hindrance to a running back.  Both the Chiefs and Ravens went bonkers on the ground despite wet conditions.

We didn't really learn any of those things. One game doesn't mean RBs aren't hindered by weather or that RBs don't get benched after a full practice on Friday.

4 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

Man I know it’s not a huge sample but he’s turned 36 touches into 200 yards, is averaging 5.4 ypc and 2 TDs. Extrapolated over the season is roughly 1100 yards, 11 TDs, and 35 catches. To me that’s his floor if he plays 16 games (which admittedly is very unlikely)...I expect him to improve on a per game basis and maybe play 13-14 games. He’s undoubtedly earned the lead committee job which is going to be 12-14 carries with 2-4 catches and red zone work. I actually prefer to not overwork him as he’s obviously up there in age. I’m very excited about flexing him ROS.

Agree.

Man...if he could just get healthy I think he'd be tearing up.  I don't know if he'll ever get healthy though lol.....and/or if he can increase his usage much more.  

This probably has the makings of a 3 headed monster all season limiting the upside of all the guys.  But McCoy probably has the highest ceiling IMO.  If he can get right I think he's probably the most complete RB they have. He looked pretty spry out there yesterday in the first 3 quarters.

I didn't even notice the ankle injury.  I had thought watching the game that it might've just been a little tweak and with the game mostly in hand they held him out.  He was questionable to return and he hung out on the sidelines and seemed to be okay in shots I saw.  Here's an article that seems to support the ankle not being a big deal...

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/23/kansas-city-chiefs-rb-lesean-mccoys-ankle-injury-not-expected-to-be-serious/

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.

Man...if he could just get healthy I think he'd be tearing up.  I don't know if he'll ever get healthy though lol.....and/or if he can increase his usage much more.  

This probably has the makings of a 3 headed monster all season limiting the upside of all the guys.  But McCoy probably has the highest ceiling IMO.  If he can get right I think he's probably the most complete RB they have. He looked pretty spry out there yesterday in the first 3 quarters.

I didn't even notice the ankle injury.  I had thought watching the game that it might've just been a little tweak and with the game mostly in hand they held him out.  He was questionable to return and he hung out on the sidelines and seemed to be okay in shots I saw.  Here's an article that seems to support the ankle not being a big deal...

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/23/kansas-city-chiefs-rb-lesean-mccoys-ankle-injury-not-expected-to-be-serious/

This is excellent news! 

Thank you!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.

Shadys history would support this too.   He misses quarters- not games.   They had a plan to get him 10-15 touches building a lead before the ankle tightened up.   

Id bet he goes and gets similar treatment next week.   Good flex start 

Any word on if Damien is expected back? If McCoy can have another game or two without him that would go a long way to push him ahead of Damien.

Darrell William's performance hurts Damien too IMO because it shows any RB can produce on that team and in that system (remember Ware did well last year too). McCoy is the team's best option to get extra production at RB given his track record.

Posted this in another thread, thought it would be worth posting here to see what people think:

McCoy is the RB16 in standard on a team he joined 2 1/2 weeks ago with a dinged up ankle while in an RBBC. He currently has more points than Todd Gurley, Chris Carson, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon and Sony Michel. Plus he looked great yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He definitely didn't look 100% (or is it age) and still produced. Any Rb can produce in this system. I'm plugging him in as my rb2

Edited by affliction

Lesean got dropped in my league during the warm-up shenanigan BS. What % FAAB should be spent on him going into week 4 as a waiver wire pick up?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Any word on if Damien is expected back? If McCoy can have another game or two without him that would go a long way to push him ahead of Damien.

Darrell William's performance hurts Damien too IMO because it shows any RB can produce on that team and in that system (remember Ware did well last year too). McCoy is the team's best option to get extra production at RB given his track record.

so "any" RB can produce? but in the damien williams thread everyone is saying he's not "good" and that the chiefs need a "good" RB 

Excepting the play where he tripped, I am confused as to why this doesn’t  look good for a guy on a sprained ankle:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

I've been watching for information but I've also seen nothing on this.  It's pretty strange.

All I've seen is knee injury or knee contusion.  No idea if it's a bruised knee, bone bruise or what it is.  I haven't heard any mention of ligament issues or anything. It's kinda odd there has been very little mention of exactly what the injury is and a timeline.

Guess we'll just have to see if he practices this week or not.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Excepting the play where he tripped, I am confused as to why this doesn’t  look good for a guy on a sprained ankle:

This guy is still awesome. I love it. 😍

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

He is such a polished rusher/reciever compared to DWill. Williams is faster at this point is his career, but McCoys vision and patience to allow his blockers time to set up is superior to Williams. In this offense McCoys strengths will most likely allow him to outperform a faster but less savvy RB. 

Shady looked great to me, and he is Andy Reid's guy. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

He is such a polished rusher/reciever compared to DWill. Williams is faster at this point is his career, but McCoys vision and patience to allow his blockers time to set up is superior to Williams. In this offense McCoys strengths will most likely allow him to outperform a faster but less savvy RB. 

Shady looked great to me, and he is Andy Reid's guy. 

Exactly. Doesn't matter how fast you are if you run into a brick wall. On his td reception, McCoy juked the safety so bad he ended up on one knee. Just better instincts as a runner I guess.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

He was smiling on the sideline after he came out. It seemed to me like they were being cautious and giving Darwin some run where they felt comfortable.

Pretty sure he's just fine or we would have heard something by now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FritzLn said:

so "any" RB can produce? but in the damien williams thread everyone is saying he's not "good" and that the chiefs need a "good" RB 

It appears so. Hunt, Ware, McCoy, not one but two D. Williams have all been productive in this offense. They don't need a great RB but having one is a plus and would provide some extra production. McCoy is the most talented RB they have.

Damien Williams was a third stringer midseason last year. Hunt is a backup now. Ware a career JAG. Darrell Williams is third string today. Yet all produced. They can't all be great talents given they are all non-starters.

Edited by Ace_King

2 hours ago, FritzLn said:

That's not what the argument is about.  The reason McCoy vs. Damien has been so heated is because we know both of them will be huge assets if they are the primary runners.

The argument is over which one that is, and will therefore get the fantasy points.