Rotoworld.com Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

Some exerptshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffedotin/2019/09/25/the-chiefs-backup-running-backs--step-up-amidst-injuries/#52e077443d66

"Head coach Andy Reid praised the 31-year-old McCoy, who he coached for four years with the Philadelphia Eagles, as a great example to his teammates.

During the week McCoy spent extensive time in the training room, rehabilitating his ankle so that he could play on Sunday.

“It’s feeling all right,” said McCoy after Sunday’s game. “It’s just one of those things that I have to get it back to healthy. It’s a lot better than it was last week. We’ll see what happens.”

McCoy said the ankle became worse at the end of third quarter, and then the Chiefs went with Darrel Williams, who was in on 37 plays or 54% of the snaps."

"Officially listed as the No. 2 back behind Damien Williams, McCoy, who signed a one-year deal with the Chiefs largely because of his relationship with Reid, is hoping to quickly regain his health.

“I have another week to prepare for it, rehab and get better,” McCoy said on Sunday. “This offense is amazing. I’m anxious to get back and play with them.”

Reading between the lines, he was already trending up during last week from the ankle sprain and feeling good right after the game.  I have no doubt, he's going to be able to play.  Compare this with Joe Mixon -- sprained his ankle Game 1, didn't practice and was Game time decision week 2.  Week 3, felt a lot better and performed much better.  McCoy is going to get the treatment he needs to play, based on last week's history and he should be substantially better this week..

• Like 1

It’s expected that McCoy would be limited on Wednesday, so it’s just good to see that he wasn’t DNP.

Should be good to go for Sunday barring any re-injury in practice. Will just have to see how things are looking for Damien on Thursday/Friday.

Edited by gufomel
16 minutes ago, gufomel said:

It’s expected that McCoy would be limited on Wednesday, so it’s just good to see that he wasn’t DNP.

Should be good to go for Sunday barring any re-injury in practice. Will just have to see how things are looking for Damien on Thursday/Friday.

Who's that Damien guy you're talking about? Must be the guy who brings McCoy gatorade after he scores a touchdown.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I didn't expect McCoy to practice at all today.  The fact that he got in any work is a good sign.  

I'm looking forward to seeing McCoy go to work against a Lions squad that has been gashed by RBs to the following tune:

Week 1 (OT game) David Johnson 137 total yards, 6 catches, a TD
Week 2: Ekeler gets 133 yards on 17 carries and 6 catches and scores a TD; Jackson chips in 60 more yards
Week 3: Miles Sanders puts up 126 total yards; Howard adds 37 and a TD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, KennyWoo said:

I didn't expect McCoy to practice at all today.  The fact that he got in any work is a good sign.  

I'm looking forward to seeing McCoy go to work against a Lions squad that has been gashed by RBs to the following tune:

Week 1 (OT game) David Johnson 137 total yards, 6 catches, a TD
Week 2: Ekeler gets 133 yards on 17 carries and 6 catches and scores a TD; Jackson chips in 60 more yards
Week 3: Miles Sanders puts up 126 total yards; Howard adds 37 and a TD.

Streamer 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, FreakFries said:

Wow, this is great news!!

Lots of veteran studs like McCoy get the “veteran Wednesday off” for rest even when they aren’t hurt. 

If they aren’t resting him today that is a very positive sign for his ankle.

Those vets that get Wednesday off have also been with their teams more than a handful of weeks, typically.  He's probably still working himself into the offense.

But I do agree, the fact that he's even limited today is a great sign.  I'm planning on firing him up.  I'll be at Ford Field in person to see him play, pretty excited for it.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Boys, we may be in for a treat this weekend. 

Might be a lot more than that. I never saw anything on the severity of DW knee injury, just that it's bruised. If he has a severe bone bruise he could be out for months.

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Haha 1

So far, his touches have been 11, 14, and 11 in the 3 games he has played.  Clearly timeshare level touches.  Yet he is the #18 overall RB, which is smack in the middle of RB2 land.

Even if he doesn't get the lion's share this weekend, he should be started as an RB2.

If he is healthy and Reid gives him the majority, we could be in for big numbers this weekend.

Definite start.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

A whole month of hyping up Shady and arguing with Damien owners is about to pay off!

Let's get it

Congrats on your big win!!!  🏆 

damien/ shady who gives a rats.....  

give us a RB1 KC 🙏 

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

Apparently he's still limping... not sure how this impacts his usage.

He had a full limp immediately before last week’s game and proceeded to put up 20+ fantasy points.

If he’s active for the Chiefs, he’s active for my fantasy lineup. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Thanks 1