PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

I wouldn't be super confident in rolling any RB out against Snacks Harrison, A'Shawn Robinson, and potentially Mike Daniels.  I get that it's KC and you have to play their starting RB no matter what, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shady had a less than exciting day.  This feels more like a Kelce blowup game to me.  

Ravens have a much better rush defense than the 22nd ranked Lions and the KC backfield put it on them. Not worried about the Lions D. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Meh... DJ and Ekeler both had great games, 130+ total yards and a TD

Meh.  Ekeler's FF day was saved by the td, and almost all of JJ's yards came on one play.  Neither had a good day.  

Just now, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

Meh.  Ekeler's FF day was saved by the td, and almost all of JJ's yards came on one play.  Neither had a good day.  

What are you talking about? Ekeler rushed for 67 yards and a TD, and caught caught 6 passes for 67 yards. How is that saved by a TD and not a good day? He had 135 total yards. And DJ had 80 rushing yards and caught a long TD pass, cant take that big play away from him. You said be weary of starting RBs against Lions, I dont agree that they are defense to avoid. They have a solid Dline, but they can obviously still be run and both of these guys put up very good receiving stats

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Ravens have a much netter rush defense than the 22nd ranked Lions and the KC backfield put it on them. Not worried about the Lions D. 

Currently 11th ranked according to nfl.com.  Maybe you saw 22nd based on how your league does scoring.  

5 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

Currently 11th ranked according to nfl.com.  Maybe you saw 22nd based on how your league does scoring.  

You are correct, my mistake. Still not worried about them though. 

Edited by Dexter75

4 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

The Lions have given up the 6th most fantasy points to running backs on yahoo. It has so far been a good matchup for Rbs man

Edited by dakimbell

7 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

What are you talking about? Ekeler rushed for 67 yards and a TD, and caught caught 6 passes for 67 yards. How is that saved by a TD and not a good day? He had 135 total yards. And DJ had 80 rushing yards and caught a long TD pass, cant take that big play away from him. You said be weary of starting RBs against Lions, I dont agree that they are defense to avoid. They have a solid Dline, but they can obviously still be run and both of these guys put up very good receiving stats

Seems there was a miscommunication.  I didn't claim the Lions couldn't be ran on, just to temper expectations.  Maybe "saved by the td" wasn't the right choice of words, because Ekeler's ppr value was there without it, but 18 points w/o the TD isn't what I consider a "great game" either.  The TD elevated an average game to a good one.  

• Haha 2

The Lions aren't stopping the KC offense, at any level. As long as Shady is getting work he's gonna feast.  Detroit is an average D who will be tired from being on the field most of the game chasing after Mahomes bombs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheINC said:

The Lions aren't stopping the KC offense, at any level. As long as Shady is getting work he's gonna feast.  Detroit is an average D who will be tired from being on the field most of the game chasing after Mahomes bombs.

Best way to slow down the chiefs is ball control, which is exactly how the lions beat NE last year. KC defense is bad vs the run, especially on the road so expect a whole lot of Johnson from the lions

3 hours ago, philnutz said:

Best way to slow down the chiefs is ball control, which is exactly how the lions beat NE last year. KC defense is bad vs the run, especially on the road so expect a whole lot of Johnson from the lions

Many have tried to play keep away from Mahomes.   Doesn’t work.   Lions only chance is to come out hot and keep PM in the pocket, and his speedy WRs in check.   With Darius Slay unlikely to play-  that’s a tall task.   

9 hours ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

Seems there was a miscommunication.  I didn't claim the Lions couldn't be ran on, just to temper expectations.  Maybe "saved by the td" wasn't the right choice of words, because Ekeler's ppr value was there without it, but 18 points w/o the TD isn't what I consider a "great game" either.  The TD elevated an average game to a good one.  

The TD elevated a very good game to a great game

• Like 1

Another danger is KC racing out to a big lead and then resting their veteran, star running back.

• Like 1

Don't overthink it, start him with impunity whenever Dwill is out, he should also see his touches go up bc his ankle is better according to reid than it was vs baltimore. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Another danger is KC racing out to a big lead and then resting their veteran, star running back.

they may do just that but he will be resting on the bench after putting in a good days work on the field and have the points to show for it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

giphy.gif

Edited by n4sa
  • Haha 5

Welp Matthew Berry just endorsed him for Flex of the week. The kiss of death strikes. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bugs bunny said:

Welp Matthew Berry just endorsed him for Flex of the week. The kiss of death strikes. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Travis C. said:

What the hell happened to him the last 2-3 possessions? 

They really like William's as a pass protector. I wouldn't worry too much. It's an rbbc and both have solid value. 

2 minutes ago, Travis C. said:

What the hell happened to him the last 2-3 possessions? 

This should not really surprise anyone.  Chiefs don't trust McCoy's pass blocking so Darrell, just like Damien, is going to get the two-minute drill offense and more of the receiving work. 

The real story here are the two Goal line TDs for Williams.  McCoy ran in a 1-yarder earlier (after a couple failed attempts) so I'm not sure what to make of it.  

McCoy is still lead back, but has a fairly low ceiling if he completely cedes goal line work.  He's also at risk of getting benched in 2-minute drill offenses and if KC is blowing the other team out (age/injury).  

• Like 1

I feel like he was banged up a little. There was a play where Mahomes landed on his leg and McCoy limped off running it. From there on out, Williams got a ton of carries and McCoy didn't come in until a few drives later and then was only in on some snaps here and there.

I will say that I have been less than impressed with McCoy's route-running and ability to create separation.  Some of that is just play-calling and good coverage, but McCoy does not look good in the flats.  

And both Williams look like superior pass-blockers.