PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

even if so, gotta think it's burning JJ and Hanibal Ekeler juuuuust a bit - ya think?

Idk but that’s exactly what I would do if I was the Chargers lol.   Here’s a proven talent we can have for less than 1/3 of what you want.   Signnnnnnn this or else!!!   💀 

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Idk but that’s exactly what I would do if I was the Chargers lol.   Here’s a proven talent we can have for less than 1/3 of what you want.   Signnnnnnn this or else!!!   💀 

meh ... if i'm MGIII i'm laughing at the foo' who thought it would motivate him to sign ... Bolts are better off with Ek/JJ - Shady may have a bit left in the tank, but he's a bit of a friggin' tool, and that team seems to be pretty tight under Lynn & Phil Duggar (MGIII holdout notwithstanding) - Shady is no longer a game changer, ergo, no longer worth the headaches. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

That’s definitely a Charger- type move if they sign McCoy. They’d hope to motivate Gordon to sign, but would probably piss him off by signing a guy who used to be as good as he is. It shows they’re willing to go on without him, as misguided as it may be.

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh ... if i'm MGIII i'm laughing at the foo' who thought it would motivate him to sign ... Bolts are better off with Ek/JJ - Shady may have a bit left in the tank, but he's a bit of a friggin' tool, and that team seems to be pretty tight under Lynn & Phil Duggar (MGIII holdout notwithstanding) - Shady is no longer a game changer, ergo, no longer worth the headaches. 

Yeah fair points- I don’t know if theres any truth to it.   Just seems like a move they would try.  

I will freaking laugh if he goes to KC. That'll be a real mess. Texans, Chargers, and Chiefs have been rumored. Haven't heard about TB, but apparently there's interest across the league.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Anyone know where a list of waiver order can be found?

I think it goes by NFL draft order. 

He'd ruin quite a few drafts if he ended up in KC.

To me the Texans make too much sense.

These signings tend to sometimes end up in places that make we fans scratch our heads.  Like "why would you sign there when they have __________ already" or "dude, that team blows why go there?".   As a Shady owner I'm hoping this isn't the case.

17 minutes ago, astrongcupofjoel said:

as a vested veteran, he's not subject to waivers. he can sign where he wants.

I thought they were saying if someone claims him on waiver they have to pay his 6.1 million salary?

53 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He'd ruin quite a few drafts if he ended up in KC.

To me the Texans make too much sense.

These signings tend to sometimes end up in places that make we fans scratch our heads.  Like "why would you sign there when they have __________ already" or "dude, that team blows why go there?".   As a Shady owner I'm hoping this isn't the case.

In fantasy world McCoy to KC is bad. In real football world, it could great for the Chiefs. I assume he'd replace Darrel Williams in the committee. It would also be McCoy's best bet for a championship if that's what he's after. He'll probably make more money and get more touches in Houston or TB, but be behind way, way worse offensive lines and not have Reid's schemes.

Edited by LongBalls

3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

In fantasy world McCoy to KC is bad. In real football world, it could great for the Chiefs. I assume he'd replace Darrel Williams in the committee. It would also be McCoy's best bet for a championship if that's what he's after. He'll probably make more money and get more touches in Houston or TB, but be behind way, way worse offensive lines and not have Reid's schemes.

Agreed about touches out of the gate...but it’s not crazy that he ends up taking the job through injury or mediocre play from Damien and puts up a big season.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

In fantasy world McCoy to KC is bad. In real football world, it could great for the Chiefs. I assume he'd replace Darrel Williams in the committee. 

McCoy wouldn't replace anyone in a committee, he'd be the committee.  

If he still has 'it', I'd expect him to get 70% of the snaps once he's up to speed on everything.

KC is also the best landing spot for him on short notice.  McCoy loves Andy Reid, he knows the scheme and can probably pick up the playbook without any issues fairly quickly.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

McCoy wouldn't replace anyone in a committee, he'd be the committee.  

If he still has 'it', I'd expect him to get 70% of the snaps once he's up to speed on everything.

KC is also the best landing spot for him on short notice.  McCoy loves Andy Reid, he knows the scheme and can probably pick up the playbook without any issues fairly quickly.  

He was pretty much in a RBBC last year with ivory if you look at the numbers 

4 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

He was pretty much in a RBBC last year with ivory if you look at the numbers 

Which numbers are you looking at?

I'd guess that LAC is his most likely landing spot.

Maybe Dallas if these latest talks with Zeke fall through.

For the same reason the Chiefs traded Hyde are the same reasons they will not sign Shady. They are fully comitted to Darwin as the backup and the other Williams plays special teams as the third back.

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Chargers seem like the best landing spot right now. 

It might be the landing spot, I think he'd do better with the Chiefs, but the Chargers wouldn't be bad either.   

9 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Which numbers are you looking at?

The actually 2018 numbers, have you seen them

mccoy 161 attempts

ivory 115 attempts 

So basically a 58/42 split 

Edited by UcanTry