Rotoworld.com Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

11 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

Yes, Darrel is better than the likely HOF back Reid drafted and he's just afraid to say it. 

Plenty of HoF RBs on the wrong side of 30 who Darrel would be better than in that system. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

of course he's not going to say that, it's not even remotely true.  He's taken Darrell Williams off the field in favor of Shady in multiple GL situations over the previous 2 weeks.  Neither his comments nor his actual usage of the players is meaningless.  

I don't think we ever see an increase in McCoy's usage, particularly with Damien back. Time will tell but if I had to bet I'd say we've seen the peak. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't think we ever see an increase in McCoy's usage, particularly with Damien back. Time will tell but if I had to bet I'd say we've seen the peak. 

Shady hasn't even begun to peak, and when he does peak you'll feel it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, SkittleMania said:

Dude, who are you trying to convince?

Only piece of this backfield I have is McCoy so I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like there are some people who think once he gets healthier and more familiar with the offense his production will increase. I just don't see it happening. 

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Only piece of this backfield I have is McCoy so I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like there are some people who think once he gets healthier and more familiar with the offense his production will increase. I just don't see it happening. 

i love it,  the whole summer all we hear is how Reid is a bellcow RB guy and how Williams is going to be the man, and there is no chance he is sharing with anyone, citing all his past RB successes as examples,  now we get the this is going to be a timeshare story when Williams isn't the main guy.  irony is McCoy is on the list.  to be honest it doesn't matter if it is a timeshare or a bellcow situation, if McCoy is steady all season in the 10+ range he is going to far outperform his draft cost  and that is where he has been in a timeshare up to this point.  anything else at this point is gravy. 

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I agree. McCoys usage appears to be between the 20’s. I own both DWill’s and McCoy (FML)

On 10/4/2019 at 7:20 PM, kevinwayne20 said:

of course he's not going to say that, it's not even remotely true.  He's taken Darrell Williams off the field in favor of Shady in multiple GL situations over the previous 2 weeks.  Neither his comments nor his actual usage of the players is meaningless.  

You're making it sound like McCoy was easily the GL choice the last two weeks, but that ignores the fact that Darrel had two GL TDs in the 4thQ last week, in the most important part of a close game. I own McCoy in multiple leagues, so I would have loved for him to be the GL back of choice, but the fact is he and Darrel have each had a pair of GL TDs the last two weeks. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

You're making it sound like McCoy was easily the GL choice the last two weeks, but that ignores the fact that Darrel had two GL TDs in the 4thQ last week, in the most important part of a close game. I own McCoy in multiple leagues, so I would have loved for him to be the GL back of choice, but the fact is he and Darrel have each had a pair of GL TDs the last two weeks. 

Yeah with Damien out and Shady on limited carries.   You don’t really think Reid would have his trusted,  favorite vet on the bench in crunch time unless he was hurt.  

9 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Its not like Shady was pulled last week in the red zone, those just happened to be Williams' drives.

I believe you’re incorrect about that. They were mixing both backs in and out in the middle of drives the entire game.

I think I’m capable of taking my McCoy owner hat off and still being dumbfounded that he got 0 carries. 0?

I’m not sure that a fumble is going to put a vet who’s beloved by his coach in the coach’s dog house. But even if it would, that’s not really a plausible explanation when McCoy was back out there on the next series.

Seriously I’m not even speaking as a McCoy owner. What in the world were the Chiefs doing last night? Seems like they panicked. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure the fact that they didn’t even attempt to establish the run is the reason they lost this game.

As far as fantasy goes, it’s hard to start him moving forward if he’s capable of disappearing like this. I had him pencilled in for 10-12 touches regardless of who was or was not healthy. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I think I’m capable of taking my McCoy owner hat off and still being dumbfounded that he got 0 carries. 0?

I’m not sure that a fumble is going to put a vet who’s beloved by his coach in the coach’s dog house. But even if it would, that’s not really a plausible explanation when McCoy was back out there on the next series.

Seriously I’m not even speaking as a McCoy owner. What in the world were the Chiefs doing last night? Seems like they panicked. 

I think they got too cute.   Most of the starting Indy secondary was out so they decided that was the way to attack.    🤷‍♂️.    Really inexcusable in a game that close to run it less than 15 times.

• Like 1

McCoy owner here. Im not worried, but I may keep McCoy on the bench next week as this can take multiple weeks to play out. It kind of felt like Reid set Damien up for a "prove it" game- prove you deserve to be the main back; and he failed miserably. 

2.6 YPC against the 4th worst run defense in the league using YPC (5.1 YPC colts give up) with their start linebacker Darius Leonard out. Damien was also lackluster in his claim to fame, the passing game with only 3 receptions for 15 yards. 

some efficiency stats on the season 

YPC             YPT
Damien         1.8               6.8

McCoy          5.4               7.2

On the season, McCoy is now more efficient in the running game & the passing game. 

Again, this may take several weeks to play out, but McCoy will be the leader in the backfield soon enough. 

• Haha 1

Here is exactly how the next two weeks are going to play out:

ME today: “NO rushing attempts?? You’re on the bench until further notice.”

ME Sunday: “You know, McCoy sh*t the bed in Oakland and when I benched him the next week he put up 20 points. I can’t do that again. He’s an NFL stud. Im starting him.”

McCoy puts up 2 points vs Houston while Damien gets 90% of work

ME: “You’re on the bench buddy!”

WEEK 7: McCoy puts up 26 points vs. Denver

ME: “I’m going to k*ll myself with alcohol.”

Exactly like that.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, FreakFries said:

Here is exactly how the next two weeks are going to play out:

ME today: “NO rushing attempts?? You’re on the bench until further notice.”

ME Sunday: “You know, McCoy sh*t the bed in Oakland and when I benched him the next week he put up 20 points. I can’t do that again. He’s an NFL stud. Im starting him.”

McCoy puts up 2 points vs Houston while Damien gets 90% of work

ME: “You’re on the bench buddy!”

WEEK 7: McCoy puts up 26 points vs. Denver

ME: “I’m going to k*ll myself with alcohol.”

Exactly like that.

SHADY MUST START!!!!!  

You first FFries 👀 

• Like 1

Well I wasn't expecting that.  Saying that though, it was probably best case scenario given the usage.  Williams continued to look terrible with his carries and the offense looked ordinary in a game that they had no business losing.  That offense looks a whole lot more pedestrian when there isn't a threat to run the ball and Williams pretty clearly isn't all that capable of being the threat.  

I thought this coming into this week but this backfield is a mess.  None of these backs are anything more than a flex IMO.  I still think McCoy has the most upside of the group but you never know with Reid who acts like he's scared of having a respectable running game.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Andy Reid giving up on the running game? Nah really? Hes never done that before.

Reid ultimately makes the right decisions, but his inexplicable need to tinker (especially with RBs) is inevitable. I'm sure he realizes that an ineffective run game got his MVP QB pressured all night and hammered by a less than good defense. Reid outschemed himself last night, he will adjust. Reid has never changed during a game, but moving forward he's usually corrected his previous mistakes. Kelce having a quiet night and his neglect of the running game will give him a few sleepless nights. 

Last night was one step back for mccoy, but I fully expect two steps forward next game.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gufomel said:

I’ve been holding and expressing the exact same sentiments myself since last night. One being, zero carries for McCoy. Being underutilized or taking a backseat to a hot hand or game-script circumstances is one thing, but c’mon, no carries, as in zero?? I mean, what in the flying f**k is that!?  Which leads into my next same shared and expressed sentiment: What in God’s name were the Kansas City Chiefs doing last night?? That one’s more of a rhetorical question of course; because it was pretty evident to me that not even the Kansas City Chiefs could answer that; Andy Reid included. They went full ret....well, you know what. And it’s pretty much common knowledge you never, under any circumstances, go full-on with that. Yet there the Chiefs were last night, doing exactly just that.

Andy Reid, if you’re listening...let this never happen again...so that we may we never speak of this again. Get McCoy his touches (I dunno, maybe try giving him Ah - as in singular - carry; maybe that would be a good start), and get them to him good and plenty; and if you do, we’ll happily treat last night’s utter disgrace as if it never happened. And secondary to that, but also nonetheless important (or at least to you and the fine citizens of Kansas City, I’d imagine it would be), in by doing so, your football team will be likely to win more football games as a byproduct; that too.

My theory is this was just a matter of Reid experimenting with his backs.  

The past two weeks, Reid got to see what McCoy did as the lead back, and he also made sure to evaluate Darrell at the end of games.  Kansan City is a pass-first offense, and I have to imagine that Reid values receiving and blocking from a RB moreso than rushing. 

My guess is, despite McCoy rushing pretty well, KC did not like what they saw from McCoy in the passing game.  Personally, I feel McCoy has been dreadful in both running routes and creating yards after the catch (for the most part).  He's had way too many 1-3 yard passes where he simply can't beat his man 1-on-1.  Mahomes has looked frustrated on a few of those plays.  Add to this that McCoy is the weakest of KC's 3 RBs at blocking.  

So, in a way, I think McCoy kind of squandered his turn at lead back.  Somewhat understandably, I think Reid was trying to see how things would shake with Damien as lead back - because, again, KC's #1 back, in an ideal world, would be strong at receiving/blocking.  Damien performed poorly.    

My guess is that Damien gets one more opportunity to separate himself from the rest of the pack before this goes back to a committee, which I have a feeling, will be slightly in McCoy's favor.  I would not start McCoy next week.  I think it's still Damien's turn to tryout for lead back duties.  

Frankly, McCoy needs to step up his receiving game. 

• Like 1