PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

You can only hold him hoping the situation changes or if Damien gets re-injured. Can't in good conscience start him unless you were weak at RB depth and have Mack on bye.

• Like 1

Anyone dropping McCoy will be kicking themselves later in the season. Just look at McCoy's numbers relative to Damien's lol it says it all. And then, the one game where Shady receives zero carries this season they lose? You dont think Reid noticed this? Dont think he will adjust? Yall are cray cray. Im holding all my McCoy shares and adding in other leagues where available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Anyone dropping McCoy will be kicking themselves later in the season. Just look at McCoy's numbers relative to Damien's lol it says it all. And then, the one game where Shady receives zero carries this season they lose? You dont think Reid noticed this? Dont think he will adjust? Yall are cray cray. Im holding all my McCoy shares and adding in other leagues where available.

We all know where you stand kiddo.   This number, that number,  and here’s a list...blah blah rinse and repeat.   

Shady shouldn’t be dropped,  nor should Damien.   Nobody knows how this will play out.  

• Like 2

I'm losing hope that he's gonna be anything more than a timeshare.  If that was going to happen, I think it would have been the case last weekend.  At this point, it will have to take multiple weeks of one back significantly outperforming the other for that to happen.

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

I'm losing hope that he's gonna be anything more than a timeshare.  If that was going to happen, I think it would have been the case last weekend.  At this point, it will have to take multiple weeks of one back significantly outperforming the other for that to happen.

This backfield is definitely a timeshare. McCoy is the one I would want if I could only have just 1. 

2 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Correlation does not imply causation. Ironically, if there is any here it's the opposite of what you imply. They didn't lose because McCoy wasn't involved, McCoy wasn't involved because they were losing. That means he only has value when they're absolutely rolling. And he only has real starting lineup value with Damien out. 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Shady shouldn’t be dropped,  nor should Damien.   Nobody knows how this will play out.  

He shouldn't be dropped, but man it's damn close. I'd argue we know exactly how this will play out. It's no coincidence that what we saw the first two weeks is exactly what we saw once Damien returned. Barring injury, that's gonna be the distribution moving forward. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Correlation does not imply causation. Ironically, if there is any here it's the opposite of what you imply. They didn't lose because McCoy wasn't involved, McCoy wasn't involved because they were losing. That means he only has value when they're absolutely rolling. And he only has real starting lineup value with Damien out. 

He shouldn't be dropped, but man it's damn close. I'd argue we know exactly how this will play out. It's no coincidence that what we saw the first two weeks is exactly what we saw once Damien returned. Barring injury, that's gonna be the distribution moving forward. 

Absurd take...

Reids excuse for mccoy not being in was because he wasn't up to speed on passpro, but his QB was getting absolutely hammered even though he mitigated mccoys protection. This is 100% AR speak after making a game plan that wasn't working and his refusal to make in-game adjustments. Reid will fix the issue, but the cornerstone of his never wining a SB is his refusal to adjust his game plan when it's not working.

mccoy will out touch Damien in the next game, book it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Absurd take...

Reids excuse for mccoy not being in was because he wasn't up to speed on passpro, but his QB was getting absolutely hammered even though he mitigated mccoys protection. This is 100% AR speak after making a game plan that wasn't working and his refusal to make in-game adjustments. Reid will fix the issue, but the cornerstone of his never wining a SB is his refusal to adjust his game plan when it's not working.

I wouldn't book that. Shady has played in Reids system before so it's a red flag that he is still having problems with the protections. Also he is carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. More fumbles are coming.

10 minutes ago, Chase Money said:

I wouldn't book that. Shady has played in Reids system before so it's a red flag that he is still having problems with the protections. Also he is carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. More fumbles are coming.

Im booking it.

How well was Mahomes protected in the last game? What was Damien's YPC? 

Its already booked. Reids plan to protect his QB failed, and his running game failed... he's got no other choice than to see what committing to mccoy does for the team. 

• Haha 1

Dropped McCoy hoping someone else picks that ticking time bomb up off waivers. I want no part of a part time running back unless it’s for depth.

• Haha 1

Way too much Shady owner bias in here. You guys seriously think KC lost because he didn’t touch the ball? They lost because they couldn’t stop the run and the offensive line couldn’t protect Mahomes. Shady is an average RB at this point in his career. He could still have some nice games, but until we see how the backfield plays out he is a bench or a drop.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 1

A wise man once said...

Don't drop Chiefs shares. EVER. Unless it's for Will Fuller, then by all means... 🤣

2 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

Absurd take...

If you're willing to make a bet on that you're gonna have a line a mile long willing to take you up on that offer. Damien was the guy when the year started, Damien immediately returned to that role on Sunday, and the true way to tell who the guy is is in close games. Damien beyond dominated the touches. The supposed knock on McCoy was he doesn't know the system yet. He couldn't learn it in two months but miraculously will in six days? Please. 

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Lesean McCoy has 0 carries and the chiefs lose. Coincidence? I think not...

Hmmm - maybe, just maybe it has something to do with their MVP QB becoming immobilized after rolling his ankle early and then having it stepped on by a 350lb Sasquatch soon after..

Edited by Sully

2 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Way too much Shady owner bias in here. You guys seriously think KC lost because he didn’t touch the ball? They lost because they couldn’t stop the run and the offensive line couldn’t protect Mahomes. Shady is an average RB at this point in his career. He could still have some nice games, but until we see how the backfield plays out he is a bench or a drop.

spacer.png

I think a reasonable argument could be made that guys like Pollard and Mattison actually have more value than McCoy right now. He, like those two, is completely unstartable barring injury to the starter, but should he go down Pollard and Mattison would have the higher ceiling and also not be in a 50/50 split. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I think a reasonable argument could be made that guys like Pollard and Mattison actually have more value than McCoy right now. He, like those two, is completely unstartable barring injury to the starter, but should he go down Pollard and Mattison would have the higher ceiling and also not be in a 50/50 split. 

I mean, I get where you’re coming from, but there is 0% chance that either of those guys get the lead role in the backfield without injury to the starter. We can argue what the probability is that McCoy takes over the lead role without injury to Damien, but it is certainly greater than 0. 

• Like 1

I had to drop him because of BYE week. I wish you all the best of luck in this backfield. I will never forget the memes.

Edited by n4sa

On 10/8/2019 at 6:08 PM, bhawks489 said:

Lesean McCoy has 0 carries and the chiefs lose. Coincidence? I think not...

LeSean McCoy has crucial fumble and the Chiefs lose.  Coincidence?  I think not . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, Chase Money said:

He has always held the ball like this but rarely fumbles...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gufomel said:

I mean, I get where you’re coming from, but there is 0% chance that either of those guys get the lead role in the backfield without injury to the starter. We can argue what the probability is that McCoy takes over the lead role without injury to Damien, but it is certainly greater than 0. 

Certainly a fair argument, and perhaps I'm jaded, but the odds of Shady emerging as the starter with everyone healthy are extremely low IMO. Obviously open for debate though. Personally I'd probably rank them Mattison, McCoy Pollard, just because Cook has injury history and Zeke is a machine. 

This guy burned me so bad last week. If I’d only flexed Lindsay instead of him, I’d have won my matchup. Gonna resist the urge to rage drop him, at least for now, but he’s firmly glued to my bench until further notice.

Edited by kraftwrk_5
  • Like 1

I want to bench him too but I dunno.  I don't want recency bias to make me make a poor decision.  In my flex I'm looking at either Shady, Damien, or a WR3. 

Last Sunday night's game is burned in everyone's mind and it's gloom and doom, but do we know we're in for a repeat of it this week?  Are we sure Reid is again only going to play McCoy for 14 snaps?  Do we think game flow is going to dictate that they put in the receiving back for basically all of the 2nd half?

The answer could be yes to all of these, but I don't think it's a given.  There's just as much chance that the usage goes back to what we saw against the Lions, Ravens, etc.

Edited by Brownsfan74