PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

10 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

He's only had 40 carries thru 6 games, thats nothing and easy to average a high YPC on. Tony Pollard is averaging 5 YPC this season, Zeke is averaging 4.3 YPC. So is Pollard better than Zeke? Of course not. Pollard has only carried it 34 times while Zeke has had 112 carries. So you cant just make a blanket statement about McCoy's YPC, there are other factors involved. He's not good, if he was, he would be getting it 20+ times a game like Hunt did last year and the year before. 

If it’s so easy why can’t the other backs on their team get close to his YPC on LESS work?

I’d like to see you Houdini your way out of this one...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FFdisciple said:

Until further notice all KC RBs are not startable.  

I think this is a bit extreme.  They are committee RBs on the most explosive offense in the league.  You can start them in your flex as long as you understand that the floor is very low.  Their ceiling is actually pretty decent though.

If you don't want to play the guessing game or roll the dice, then they are certainly sits.

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If it’s so easy why can’t the other backs on their team get close to his YPC on LESS work?

I’d like to see you Houdini your way out of this one...

Dude, what are you talking about?  Damien averaged 6 yards per carry yesterday.  It was amazing.  Sure it was only 1 carry, but don't tell me he isn't really good.

• Haha 5

In ppr McCoy doesn’t seem like the best option out of the rbbc. The Williams bros are getting more targets 

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

If you don't want to play the guessing game or roll the dice, then they are certainly sits.

That's exactly it, you're not confident starting any of them right now. Almost a guarantee one and possibly two have a solid week, but it's literally impossible to predict right now. 

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Dude, what are you talking about?  Damien averaged 6 yards per carry yesterday.  It was amazing.  Sure it was only 1 carry, but don't tell me he isn't really good.

Wow we are using ypc when the player carries the ball one time. Am I missing the sarcasm?

Edited by affliction

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

That's exactly it, you're not confident starting any of them right now. Almost a guarantee one and possibly two have a solid week, but it's literally impossible to predict right now. 

Well, if confidence = pretty sure they will have a good game, then no.

But if you're willing to take a possible horrid game in hopes they have a big one, then it's fine.  McCoy had a 20 point game already.

The way I'm approaching it is this - if I'm a big underdog in my game, then McCoy may be worth a flex start in hopes he scores.  Being in the KC offense, that's more likely than most RBs in committees across the league.  If I'm a favorite in my game, then I go with someone with a much more solid floor.  I don't want to let my opponent into my game if McCoy has another 0.3 point disaster.

If anyone is considering any of these guys as their RB2, then you're likely in real bad shape at RB.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, affliction said:

Wow we are using ypc when the player carries the ball one time. Am I missing the sarcasm?

Yes, I believe you are.

17 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Well, if confidence = pretty sure they will have a good game, then no.

But if you're willing to take a possible horrid game in hopes they have a big one, then it's fine.  McCoy had a 20 point game already.

The way I'm approaching it is this - if I'm a big underdog in my game, then McCoy may be worth a flex start in hopes he scores.  Being in the KC offense, that's more likely than most RBs in committees across the league.  If I'm a favorite in my game, then I go with someone with a much more solid floor.  I don't want to let my opponent into my game if McCoy has another 0.3 point disaster.

If anyone is considering any of these guys as their RB2, then you're likely in real bad shape at RB.

Yup. I hit big on Cook, and then busted with all my other RBs in David Montgomery, Michel, McCoy, and Sanders. I may be rolling McCoy out as my RB2 this week. All my other options have terrible floors and I think McCoy has the highest ceiling.

I believe they run a much more balanced offense this week, and part of that will be a lot of coaching to Mahomes as far as how to handle the RPO. Short week, gimpy ankle for Mahomes, and coaches acknowledging they have to establish the run. There’s still the issue of who gets the carries, and it might not work out well for McCoy. I would go with any solid RB2 if I had one, but since I don’t I’m leaning towards starting him this week.

Sucks to have to analyze and pray for things to shake out the way you want in an offense like this. It’s a mess that I have avoided and will continue to do. And they told us the 49ers backfield was one to avoid.... Bu the time someone figures this out, the fantasy playoffs will be out of reach. Good luck to those still holding out hope.

Time of Possession:

Houston: 40 minutes

KC: 20 minutes

I wouldn't totally panic after yesterdays game.  KC barely had the ball and the game script led them to only run 11 times.   That being said the committee approach here is the problem.  I still think McCoy is the back to own, but I'm not sure you can start any of these players at the moment.  Maybe with Mahomes being a little hobbled we'll see a little more of the run game.  It's impossible to know with how this team has operated to date.

Anyone else starting McCoy this week?  Looks like I am in my flex because I'm a big underdog and need a guy with potential to score a lot of points.  I could be looking at a 4 point stinker, but he has had games of 20 and 15 points as well.  It's really about whether he can get in the end zone against Den.

On the surface, Den is the 18th ranked rush defense and gives up 120 yards per game.  What concerns me is that Den has been down a lot and some of that is clock killing.  I don't expect McCoy to be the clock killer...will probably be Darrel or Damien.

Any thoughts on Den run D?  Is it really good and is this a bad decision, or worth the gamble?  My other options are WRs who will have decent floors but not very good upside.  Plus, any WR can put up a stinker unless you have a target hog.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Anyone else starting McCoy this week?  Looks like I am in my flex because I'm a big underdog and need a guy with potential to score a lot of points.  I could be looking at a 4 point stinker, but he has had games of 20 and 15 points as well.  It's really about whether he can get in the end zone against Den.

On the surface, Den is the 18th ranked rush defense and gives up 120 yards per game.  What concerns me is that Den has been down a lot and some of that is clock killing.  I don't expect McCoy to be the clock killer...will probably be Darrel or Damien.

Any thoughts on Den run D?  Is it really good and is this a bad decision, or worth the gamble?  My other options are WRs who will have decent floors but not very good upside.  Plus, any WR can put up a stinker unless you have a target hog.

Broncos have been bad vs the run until this week.   The Fangio system might be starting to bring results.    

Cant say I’m excited to start any chiefs back with Mahomes gimpy, the O line a turnstile,  and a full blown 3 way committee.    But if you HAD to start one...McCoy is the guy.   GL  brave sir 

• Like 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Broncos have been bad vs the run until this week.   The Fangio system might be starting to bring results.    

Cant say I’m excited to start any chiefs back with Mahomes gimpy, the O line a turnstile,  and a full blown 3 way committee.    But if you HAD to start one...McCoy is the guy.   GL  brave sir 

Haha thanks man.  It's not brave, it's desperate.

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2019 at 8:34 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

If you're willing to make a bet on that you're gonna have a line a mile long willing to take you up on that offer. Damien was the guy when the year started, Damien immediately returned to that role on Sunday, and the true way to tell who the guy is is in close games. Damien beyond dominated the touches. The supposed knock on McCoy was he doesn't know the system yet. He couldn't learn it in two months but miraculously will in six days? Please. 

On 10/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, Chase Money said:

I wouldn't book that. Shady has played in Reids system before so it's a red flag that he is still having problems with the protections. Also he is carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. More fumbles are coming.

And all is quiet after Shady out snapped Damien 50% to 38%.

damien rushes 1 for 6 yards, 2 catches for 14 yards and a TD

McCoy rushed 8 for 44 and was targeted twice, one target was a few inches from being a TD.

McCoy will end up being the preferred back in this offense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 2:54 AM, Dexter75 said:

He's only had 40 carries thru 6 games, thats nothing and easy to average a high YPC on. Tony Pollard is averaging 5 YPC this season, Zeke is averaging 4.3 YPC. So is Pollard better than Zeke? Of course not. Pollard has only carried it 34 times while Zeke has had 112 carries. So you cant just make a blanket statement about McCoy's YPC, there are other factors involved. He's not good, if he was, he would be getting it 20+ times a game like Hunt did last year and the year before. 

Hunt DID NOT get 20+ touches a game last year.  You literally have no idea what you are talking about.  I  guess it's easier to fabricate an argument then it is to take the time and get educated on what you are claiming.  Given how incredibly wrong you've been in every single instance I  have no idea how you could even show your face in this thread.  

To short sell his YPC is absolutely ridiculous.  McCoy hasn't gotten the opportunity, PERIOD.  He's BY FAR the best runner on a team who has chosen not to run the ball.  I fully expect that to change given their recent losses being partly due to their one dimensional offensive play calling.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

McCoy rushed 8 for 44 and was targeted twice, one target was a few inches from being a TD.

Generally using an anomaly to support your case isn't ideal. That was an odd game Sunday. When the supposed "passing of the torch" game results in 5 fantasy points for the "lead" back it's not exactly time to pop bottles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Hunt DID NOT get 20+ touches a game last year.  You literally have no idea what you are talking about.  I  guess it's easier to fabricate an argument then it is to take the time and get educated on what you are claiming.  Given how incredibly wrong you've been in every single instance I  have no idea how you could even show your face in this thread.  

To short sell his YPC is absolutely ridiculous.  McCoy hasn't gotten the opportunity, PERIOD.  He's BY FAR the best runner on a team who has chosen not to run the ball.  I fully expect that to change given their recent losses being partly due to their one dimensional offensive play calling.  

Oh, Im sorry, Hunt averaged 19 touches a game last year, 21 the year before, my bad being off a touch or two lol. The fact remains that none of these backs are seeing anywhere close to the volume Hunt did. Damien is a JAG, I'll admit I was wrong about that as long as you admit you and most everyone else in here were wrong about McCoy being some great back who was going to come in, steal all the carries and get 25 touches a game. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Oh, Im sorry, Hunt averaged 19 touches a game last year, 21 the year before, my bad being off a touch or two lol. The fact remains that none of these backs are seeing anywhere close to the volume Hunt did. Damien is a JAG, I'll admit I was wrong about that as long as you admit you and most everyone else in here were wrong about McCoy being some great back who was going to come in, steal all the carries and get 25 touches a game. 

McCoy isn't a great back, he's a great HOF back, who clearly isn't washed - which is what you were screaming from the rooftops all season long.  Everyone on this thread, with the exception of you, has been consistent in saying McCoy is the best back on this roster and the one you want to bet on.  Nothing has changed that, other than Reid's complete mismanagement of the running game in KC.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

LOL you act like Shady is getting off for fantasy purposes. Nice victory lap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chase Money said:

LOL you act like Shady is getting off for fantasy purposes. Nice victory lap.

seriously lol. McCoy had a whopping 1.3 points last week and was out snapped a TON by Damien, but he fails to mention that. I guess thats why McCoys puny 5.4 points Sunday got everyone so hyped lol. This whole backfield is trash. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

seriously lol. McCoy had a whopping 1.3 points last week and was out snapped a TON by Damien, but he fails to mention that. I guess thats why McCoys puny 5.4 points Sunday got everyone so hyped lol. This whole backfield is trash. 

Give it up.  Damien is a JAG, that much everyone knew was true except you.  Without the TD catch Damien was a ghost on offense. 

11 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I thought you bailed on this backfield two weeks ago?

What changed your mind?