PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Got a feeling they try to establish the run tonight with Shady. If he gets 12-15 touches, he is a must start imo. I am firing him up (albeit with limited other options). 

His old self will probably pick up a soft tissue injury with that many touches.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Got a feeling they try to establish the run tonight with Shady. If he gets 12-15 touches, he is a must start imo. I am firing him up (albeit with limited other options). 

Good luck my friend. 

16 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

12 touches last 2 games combined. Would love to know how many touches he gets before the game starts, but we don’t know. And that’s the problem.

spacer.png

They were a winning team till they added shady.  Brought his loser mentality from bad bills team.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

They were a winning team till they added shady.  Brought his loser mentality from bad bills team.

Blame this dude for that, not Shady.

reid-fumblr.0.jpg

• Like 2

"When the Chiefs run -

Since getting gashed by Jacksonville for a season-high 269 yards in Week 4, the Denver run defense has greatly improved. The Broncos held the Chargers to 35 yards on the ground and the Titans 39, and take on a Kansas City rushing attack that’s 24th in football at 82.7 yards per game. Kansas City leans most heavily on No. 1 running back LeSean McCoy, but Damien Williams is dangerous as well."

Ugh.  Maybe I need to pull him from my lineup but my other options suck too.

56 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Good luck brother. Im considering FLEXing him but likely going with James White because of his consistent floor (I also like having someone play Sun night &/or Monday night). I agree that the Chiefs are likely to try to establish the run but his workload is too big of a question mark at this point. FYI McCoy said in his interview this week that he has straightened out those pass protection issues. Well see how it goes tonight.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/10/15/20916109/video-tyrann-mathieu-lesean-mccoy-speak-to-the-media

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Rotoworld put him as the cover picture of their week 7 fantasy forecast article.  Plus he is on national tv tonight and we get to watch him.

MUST START.

I think you were probably joking, but in case anyone needed an additional reason to fade him, the Thursday night games have tended to be lower scoring, favor the defenses, and generally be disappointing fantasy graveyards. Obviously you don’t sit Mahomes, and I expect Lindsay to have a good game, but I would tend to stay away from the fringe guys on a Thursday night, which currently includes all the KC backs TBQH. And under on the 48.5 point total line tonight just seems like free money to me.

9 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I think you were probably joking, but in case anyone needed an additional reason to fade him, the Thursday night games have tended to be lower scoring, favor the defenses, and generally be disappointing fantasy graveyards. Obviously you don’t sit Mahomes, and I expect Lindsay to have a good game, but I would tend to stay away from the fringe guys on a Thursday night, which currently includes all the KC backs TBQH. And under on the 48.5 point total line tonight just seems like free money to me.

Typically I would agree and Shady probably a TD or bust either way but possibly worth noting the last three weeks the score totals have actually been pretty high week 6: 49, week 5: 59, week 4: 61. Refs are calling less penalties, Mahomes is due for a big game on national TV and the Broncos defense is overrated, middle of pack rankings vs RB (19th). 

34 minutes ago, tekashi26ix said:

Typically I would agree and Shady probably a TD or bust either way but possibly worth noting the last three weeks the score totals have actually been pretty high week 6: 49, week 5: 59, week 4: 61. Refs are calling less penalties, Mahomes is due for a big game on national TV and the Broncos defense is overrated, middle of pack rankings vs RB (19th). 

IDK, aside from the Fournette outlier, they have kept rushing yard averages pretty low. Especially the last two games. Fournette skewed it a lot. They do give up decent points on RB dump passes though, but doesn't that potentially favor Dame?

I got Mahomes playing tonight so I hope for a good game (even though Denver is my team, so Denver still winning 🤣) but I'm a little worried with him hobbled that he won't produce at normal levels. Denver has been lethal against QB's and playing in Denver doesn't help the case for Mahomes.

Edited by trolltoll
  • Like 2

My gut says McCoy has a big night tonight...combine the Chiefs realizing they need to establish the run, plus McCoy being their clearly most productive RB; equals a big night. Whether or not it’s lasting value IDK, but I’m betting RB1 numbers this week. 

9 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

My gut says McCoy has a big night tonight...combine the Chiefs realizing they need to establish the run, plus McCoy being their clearly most productive RB; equals a big night. Whether or not it’s lasting value IDK, but I’m betting RB1 numbers this week. 

well you must be starting him so hope it works out for you 

my Start of the week. You guys remember how bad Denver was against Fournette? Jacobs? The Bears rush attack? They locked down the Chargers and the Titans, but I think they are still the same team that had trouble against average rushing attacks. 

KC knows they are getting destroyed in ToP they will run more this week. 

31 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

well you must be starting him so hope it works out for you 

I’m not, but he’s riding my bench with the hope he emerges as their primary. I’ll be the first to admit he is still firmly a lottery ticket. I just think that tonight could be the beginning of his ascension to RB1 on the KC offense.  

Edited by RandyShackleford
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

my Start of the week. You guys remember how bad Denver was against Fournette? Jacobs? The Bears rush attack? They locked down the Chargers and the Titans, but I think they are still the same team that had trouble against average rushing attacks. 

KC knows they are getting destroyed in ToP they will run more this week. 

Where does this getting killed in ToP argument come from? Indy killed them, that's it. So far KC has had the ball 30 more monutes this uear than last year and in their 2 losses they won ToP with 37 and 39 minutes respectively. I agree they need to run more to keep the D honest but its not a ToP issue at all.

Game plan for the chiefs is to get the lead early and protect mahome’s ankle. The run game starts with Shady McCoy. Start with confidence f--- the point projections...chiefs are looking to make a statement and what better timing to focus on running a more balance offense attack against the broncos

3 hours ago, tekashi26ix said:

We’ll see what happens, but I don’t like Mahomes’ ankle on three days’ rest. To the extent splits matter, Mahomes is also 2-5 in night games in his career, and 0-1 on Thursday night. The Chiefs are super banged up too, and Mile High Stadium (errrr, Empower Field 🙄) will be going nuts.

Plus we all know Flacco is severely limited as a QB on the other side, so if you’re taking the over in points you’re basically thinking the Chiefs will blow the Broncos out. I don’t think that’s going to happen. I’m expecting a tight divisional game, like a 24-17 score or something like that.

Should be a fun one - here’s hoping Reid finally wises up regarding his backfield usage.

30 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

Where does this getting killed in ToP argument come from? Indy killed them, that's it. So far KC has had the ball 30 more monutes this uear than last year and in their 2 losses they won ToP with 37 and 39 minutes respectively. I agree they need to run more to keep the D honest but its not a ToP issue at all.

Dead Wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyShackleford said:

Riverboat gambler mentality here, I like it. 👍🏻 I don’t have the cojones to start him tonight, but good luck to those who are. The last two weeks have been so poopy, I’d just love to see anything from him tonight that would encourage me about his usage ROS.

9 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Huh, you think he’s going to be an RB1 this week but are benching him??? 😂 Who are your other options?

I think it would be extremely easy to roster 2 RBs that are safer/better plays than shady, even if you think he’s gonna have a good game. Not sure how that’s so funny. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Dead Wrong.

Yup I stand corrected. My bad. Sitting at soccer practice with a baby in your arms and not realizing PFR swaps columns will do that to me. At least I can take the egg on my face.

37 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

Yup I stand corrected. My bad. Sitting at soccer practice with a baby in your arms and not realizing PFR swaps columns will do that to me. At least I can take the egg on my face.

It’s all good man we all make mistakes when we have our chillens in our ear.

but on the point, I believe KC realizes this discrepancy. Evidence would show they won’t run because they haven’t lately, but if you take that evidence and extrapolate the Coach’s reaction, the logical conclusion would be that they will increase the run game.

obviously just my personal gamble here, I take risks a lot.

If shady dominates the snaps and carries again in a must win for KC, I think it’s safe to say the pecking order is set in stone.