PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, sasnumberonefan said:

I mean, at this point Shady IS a hand cuff, on one of the best offenses in football. Start? Absolutely not. Drop? Way too premature, imo. 

Darrel Williams is still in the picture if Damien gets hurt. McCoy isn’t a pure handcuff like a penny pollard or Mattison. 

1 hour ago, sasnumberonefan said:

I mean, at this point Shady IS a hand cuff, on one of the best offenses in football. Start? Absolutely not. Drop? Way too premature, imo. 

True, but the difference is he's a cuff who would be in a 50/50 split. Now granted, we saw he could produce in that split earlier in the year, but there are several cuffs I'd have ahead of him. 

2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Just goes to show that one play may make or break a career. If he put up one or more solid seasons with some deep playoff runs, he'd probably be a lock in the hall of fame. Doesn't have the championship credentials of Roger Craig and has similar stats to Ricky Watters and Otis Anderson, two RBs snubbed from Canton. Right now, I would think he's 50/50 on making it.

I think he's a Hall-of-Famer.  6 1000-yard rushing seasons (would be 8-straight 1000-yard seasons if you count his receiving work).  #22 all-time, only 259 yards away from O.J. Simpson at #21.  Strong chance IMO he finishes in the top 20 when all is said and done, and may even catch Steven Jackson at #18.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I think he's a Hall-of-Famer.  6 1000-yard rushing seasons (would be 8-straight 1000-yard seasons if you count his receiving work).  #22 all-time, only 259 yards away from O.J. Simpson at #21.  Strong chance IMO he finishes in the top 20 when all is said and done, and may even catch Steven Jackson at #18.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

I was leaning that way but then I saw the players ahead of him, Dillon, Jackson and Edgerrin James and it made me doubt myself. Although I do think James will get in eventually.

4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I was leaning that way but then I saw the players ahead of him, Dillon, Jackson and Edgerrin James and it made me doubt myself. Although I do think James will get in eventually.

I have a major beef with the way the Hall of Fame selection is done.  Only a limited number of players inducted per year means guys have to wait far too long to get in, some even after they're dead.  It's sad.  Terrell Davis finally got in after like 15 years of waiting.  It's a joke.  Other guys who are deserving like Steve Atwater still aren't in the HOF.  In my opinion, if you were one of the best players of your generation (i.e., top 3 or 4) at your position, you ought to get in.  I think Shady fits that.  He probably won't get in on the first ballot for the reasons I mentioned, but he deserves to get there eventually IMO.

• Thanks 2

I can't believe people still have this guy rostered. I can't believe I still have this guy rostered! Well, not after this week. He gone!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just dropped him instead of JWill in GB. I figured maybe someone adds him and I’m lucky enough to play against him.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I just dropped him instead of JWill in GB. I figured maybe someone adds him and I’m lucky enough to play against him.

Easy decision between those two IMO. I have to keep this washed up turd because I’m that desperate and pathetic at RB

• Like 1

I see only 2 fumbles on the year. Could just be an in game decision to not give him the ball. Same thing happened in week 5 against INDY. 

14 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I see only 2 fumbles on the year. Could just be an in game decision to not give him the ball. Same thing happened in week 5 against INDY. 

He fumbled that game too and his work was severely reduced. However, the next game he was given the majority of the carries. This seems to be trending in the wrong direction for him especially since Damien produced admirably, as much as I think Damien is the jaggiest of jags. Some backs are given super short leashes (Mark Ingram from a few years ago come to mind as well) and then you have Carson who has the longest leash possible. Melvin Gordon is another one this season with a long leash that comes to mind as well, literally loses the game with a fumble on the GL and still in good graces. McCoy isn’t nearly as fortunate.

Edited by WaiverLooter

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article237018814.html

LeSean McCoy? Damien Williams? Here’s how the Chiefs will split up rushing attempts

BY SAM MCDOWELL

NOVEMBER 05, 2019

The best day of his season telegraphed Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s approach to his backfield. In the past. And for the foreseeable future.

Ride the hot hand.

“We’re lucky that we have some guys, and they all played — and we’ll keep that up,” Reid said. “We’re going to need all of them. That’s a tough position, and I thought (Williams) did good in there. We kept giving it to him, and that’s how it rolls.”

Mahomes practicing in full.  McCoy back in play?

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Unless you're in a very deep league he won't be in play unless Damien gets hurt. 

12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

With Mahomes in, McCoy probably playing even less as his pass protection has not been good and protecting Mahomes will be a priority. 

On 11/6/2019 at 5:24 PM, snowbound said:

Go ahead and drop him and when Damien Williams gets hurt...again, you can try to get him back.  I'm holding.

wouldn’t want him anyways. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Life comes at you fast. He’s probably going to get released soon...

Might be best case scenario 

On 11/9/2019 at 7:19 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

dead as Dillinger 

Image result for dead as dillinger reservoir dogs

*Nice Guy Eddie has entered the chat*

Daddy was right 🤷‍♂️

James Palmer

@JamesPalmerTV

LeSean McCoy was not on the Chiefs injury report. He is inactive today. Per source this was a predetermined rest week for him. Chiefs want him fresh down the stretch.

kind of like how McFadden was "on ice" 🤣

Edited by JSA2422