PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

James Palmer

@JamesPalmerTV

LeSean McCoy was not on the Chiefs injury report. He is inactive today. Per source this was a predetermined rest week for him. Chiefs want him fresh down the stretch.

kind of like how McFadden was "on ice" 🤣

Sounds like the Chiefs are trying to soothe Shady's ego and help him save some face in the public eye.

Edited by ColoWrex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dlee33701 said:

Any reason not to drop?

Only reason I can think of is that he gets released this week, then picked up by a decent team that's still in contention and needs a rb, like Detroit.  Lots of ifs, and very improbable. Safe to drop imo. 

Just said on NFL Network that this was a "predetermined rest week" because they want him fresh for the stretch run aka load management.

Edited by whatisfootball
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Lol @ they want to rest him. What is he averaging? 5 touches a week.

McCoy is done even though I think its ridiculous just because he fumbled 1 time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're on the road and in the midst of not only a divisional race but a conference race where every game here on out could be the difference between home field advantage for the playoffs. You want your best players playing every game they can, you don't just rest players on game day. 

Read between the lines and this tells you how Reid feels about him now. Could it change a few weeks from now? Of course. But the here and now is, he's fallen heavily out of favor. 

• Like 1

Rest a guy that has hardly been used lately and has been fumbling? lol okay. Tell yourselves what you what to think.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, devaster said:

Rest a guy that has hardly been used lately and has been fumbling? lol okay. Tell yourselves what you what to think.

Yeah, I’m not buying this either. I would bet that he got benched for fumbling, then maybe shot his mouth off so Reid put him on ice. It can’t be as simple as they try to make it sound

for some reason I cant bring myself to drop him just yet in a 12 team league that's thin in waiver upside. I'll hold for another week

On 11/10/2019 at 12:22 PM, raidaz18 said:

Lol @ they want to rest him. What is he averaging? 5 touches a week.

McCoy is done even though I think its ridiculous just because he fumbled 1 time.

He fumbled twice and arguably, both cost them those games.  Maybe not so much the first one, but the second one against GB killed them.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:59 PM, lvsaint429 said:

Yeah, I’m not buying this either. I would bet that he got benched for fumbling, then maybe shot his mouth off so Reid put him on ice. It can’t be as simple as they try to make it sound

It reeks of something like this.  They are just making excuses to the media because they want to keep it in house.  A healthy scratch for McCoy cannot be explained any other way.  I mean...how the hell do you dress Darwin Thompson and inactivate McCoy if you want to field the best team and give your team the best chance to win?  If you want to start Damien because you are concerned about ball security, that's fine, but sitting McCoy over Darwin?  C'mon.

We will see what happens here.  I was going to drop him but the Damien fumble complicates things.  I think we have to again hold for another week and work up the balls to start a KC running back.

The uncertainty here is just so awful.

Edited by Brownsfan74

18 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

We will see what happens here.  I was going to drop him but the Damien fumble complicates things.  I think we have to again hold for another week and work up the balls to start a KC running back.

The uncertainty here is just so awful.

Yeah I thought he was a DROP after the healthy scratch (I dropped), but now with the DWill fumble, it's anybody's guess. 
Especially since they lost.... I wonder if Andy was standing there towards the end of the game wishing he could plug Lesean in.

He may be worth rostering another week to see how this week evolves.

Not sure if anybody has brought up pass protection. Early in the season Andy told the media that Lesean hasn't been able to pick up pass pro and if he still feels that way there is absolutely no way he was gonna put him out there with Mahomes gimpy knee. 

There is only 1 way the Chiefs will be successful this season and that is on the right shoulder of Mahomes. An extra YPC that Lesean provides over Williams isn't enough to risk injury to Mahomes. 

• Like 1

If you need to win, and the Chiefs do, you don't designate a RB you want out there as a healthy scratch. Shady very well may be done. Damien's fumble wasn't good, but it was punched out and not merely dropped like Shady did in the GB game. That, and Damien does not have a history of fumbling and protects Mahomes better. I wouldn't drop McCoy yet, but if he's a scratch next week, it may mean he isn't coming back

• Like 2

[...]

If Reid is consistent, you could very well see Damien Williams lose some snaps.  He didn't do anything on Sunday that would have proved Reid right for leaving McCoy as a healthy scratch.  His inability to secure the ball put 7 points on the board for the Titans.  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, kevinwayne20 said:

[...]

If Reid is consistent, you could very well see Damien Williams lose some snaps.  He didn't do anything on Sunday that would have proved Reid right for leaving McCoy as a healthy scratch.  His inability to secure the ball put 7 points on the board for the Titans.  

While entirely possible, Damien didn't seem to be punished during the game, and it was his first fumble since 2017. If he fumbles, say, this week, then sure, I'll be worried. It's tough to predict how it will go, but Reid has a history not using one RB in his offenses, so I would not be surprised if he is simply moving back to what he's used to doing by using one RB rather than a 2 or 3 back committee. 

I just really hope we get some clarity here.  If McCoy is again inactive (unlikely IMO), then we drop him.  If he plays but sparingly, he's a handcuff and you can start Damien with confidence.  If we have a split, we're back to where we were in the early part of the year.

The least likely scenario of all is Damien being benched, but who knows.  Nobody expected McCoy to be inactive either.

Weirder things can happen, but I doubt Damien is benched this week after a 15 touch and 24 touch previous two games. Worst case is we go back to the split and have no clarity.