Sign in to follow this  
hangin n wangin

Tyler Skaggs 2019 Outlook

Safe to say he's a bench tonight vs Minni? I hate to bench guys I own but own him in a 12 and 16 team and only starting him in the latter because it's H2H.

He doesn't seem like last years pitcher yet to me. Swinging K rate way down.

I'm keeping him on the bench tonight.  His away splits are ugly (SSS) with a 6.38 ERA and a WHIP of 1.58

Anyone holding because vs. KC next time out? He's been pretty brutal all year and doesn't have a lot of positives to predict things should change.  Drop looking like the next step

9 minutes ago, midlip said:

Anyone holding because vs. KC next time out? He's been pretty brutal all year and doesn't have a lot of positives to predict things should change.  Drop looking like the next step

I say give him a couple more starts. He's better than what he's done so far. I'm frustrated too, but the wire is pretty ugly for me. 

Cut bait in a QS league. He's only gone 6+ in two of his starts and those were 6 and 6.1

58 minutes ago, pjoner said:

anyone still holding this fella?

just raged dropped him this am when I saw the box score

40 minutes ago, jb_power said:

just raged dropped him this am when I saw the box score

Can’t blame you. Watched him pitch. He’s just an idiot. And this is coming from the guy who started this thread and was expecting some good things from Skaggs this year. Skaggs will always do something stupid or get injured to ensure that he gets placed back in the average category.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

RIP Tyler.   Not sure how it happened yet but nevertheless it is way too soon.   LAA vs Texas game has been postponed.

• Like 1

Absolutely devastating. Only 27. RIP Skaggs.

• Like 2

Wow.  I got him in my dynasty league draft and like to follow my guys on social media.  He had just gotten married in the offseason. Unbelievably tragic.

Edited by Sternes

Still wow...

RIP Tyler!  RIP!!!

Thoughts are with his family and the Angels players/org. Sad to think that some Angels players have had to deal with this more than once...….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayofPuigs said:

Thoughts are with his family and the Angels players/org. Sad to think that some Angels players have had to deal with this more than once...….

Not as many as you are thinking... Adenhart tragically died in 2009...

This is such devastating news. I’ll be toasting one tonight for Skaggs’ family & friends. RIP.

You never expect to open your phone to a Rotoworld notification and it says a player has passed. RIP Tyler. 

Another brutal reminder of how everything is fleeting.

• Like 3