Sign in to follow this  
hangin n wangin

Tyler Skaggs 2019 Outlook

So sad. That’s already 2 young sp that have passed in the angels organization.

OMG such terrible news, GOD Bless Tyler and his family. Only 27, just the last thing on earth we all wanted to read about today. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Three if you count Tommy Hanson 

Totally forgot about Hanson...

• Like 1

[Post containing unsourced speculation about Skaggs' cause of death removed.  Until there are reputable reports, discussion of the circumstances of his passing is irresponsible, and will be removed.]

• Like 1

Police were called to a motel room and pronounced him dead at the scene. No report if foul play suspected.

Report on MLB Tonight

• Thanks 1

Adenhart death still bothers me and now this franchise has to go through another one a decade later. This sucks

• Like 1

this is awful. RIP.

will be interesting to find out the cause of death.

Sick to my stomach.

Terrible news. it seems like baseball has a disproportionate number of active players that pass away. He was only 27 and should have had a long career, and more importantly, a long life, ahead of him. 

7 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Terrible news. it seems like baseball has a disproportionate number of active players that pass away. He was only 27 and should have had a long career, and more importantly, a long life, ahead of him. 

I agree. Sad news. He had a long life ahead of him. You never know what people are going through. 

• Like 1

Fwiw, police do not suspect suicide. My heart goes out to his family regardless of how he passed away. Iirc he was married in the off-season.

• Like 1

Sad news.  Condolences to his family.  Was one of the top stories on national news broadcasts, not just ESPN.  Tonight's game postponed obviously.

• Like 1

[...] Sad when anyone dies young but a guy with everything in front of him, shiiiit.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed speculation about cause of death. Do not do this.

Feel sick, I have always been such a fan of his skills. Simply a shame and please nobody be crude about details, this is no longer any of our business.

R.I.P.

• Like 5

[Posts removed.  If you'd like to start a discussion about community standards regarding whether / when / how much using derogatory language to refer to players or their performances is appropriate, that's a good topic for the Fantasy Feedback forum.  It is not a discussion that's going to go well in the outlook thread of a recently deceased player.]

• Like 4

RIP Tyler Skaggs. As an Angel fan I’m heartbroken to have now witnessed two great young talents pass way too soon. I was always a big Skaggs fan and tried to get as many shares of him on my fantasy teams as he had a wicked curveball and I was a true believer in his breakout potential. His run last year before injury was amazing and he was a true competitor. Going to the ballpark won’t be the same knowing I won’t be able to watch you on the mound again. My condolences to his friends and family and to all fellow Angel fans. Way too young but you’ll be an Angel forever. 

• Like 8