Sign in to follow this  
hangin n wangin

Tyler Skaggs 2019 Outlook

RIP TS...appreciate every day you have...very sad...

• Like 2

It's hard to believe this is happening again after Adenhart. That memory is still fresh to me. Adenhart was T-Boned IIRC in an accident - that was tough to swallow but easier than this situation where there's no clear cause.

Sucks for baseball fans and Skaggs' family.

Geez this sucks. My condolences to his family. I always thought he had the potential to be a great pitcher for the Angels. A lot of Angel's players have passed away in the last 10 years with Adenhart, Hanson, Valbuena, and now Skaggs. Sucks I will never get to see him live in action at Angel Stadium. 

RIP Tyler...

I was watching you pitch just 2 days ago and now you're gone.  Life is so sad sometimes...

• Like 1

This is just so sad...sigh

Condolences to the Skaggs family and loved ones. 

[If you want to discuss fantasy implications of Skaggs' passing, that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do on a fantasy sports forum, but it's better to take those sort of discussions over to the Angels outlook thread.]

This is terrible. It seems the tragedies that happen in baseball are happening mostly to pitchers for some reason.
[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Again, we are not allowing speculation as to cause of death here.

That the tragedies seem to happen to pitchers is just blind chance. 

RIP Tyler Skaggs, condolences to your family, your teammates, your friends, anyone whose life you touched. Sad that his dying is what brought this to my attention, but he was apparently real big on charity in the LA area. I don't know what happened, and frankly I would understand if the family wants to keep the cause private. All I can really say is he's gone too soon.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, posty said:

Not as many as you are thinking... Adenhart tragically died in 2009...

Well, if any played with Hansen, there is him. And even though he wasn’t officially an Angel anymore, Valbuena is a more recent one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Well, if any played with Hansen, there is him. And even though he wasn’t officially an Angel anymore, Valbuena is a more recent one. 

Totally forgot about Valbuena.

What about that good young pitcher for Kansas City Ventura that died several years ago.

1 hour ago, rabaak said:

What about that good young pitcher for Kansas City Ventura that died several years ago.

Oh the guy who literally tried to fight every team he pitched against his last season pitching? 

Regardless, it is a shame that the MLB has lost so many young talents over the past few years.  Skaggs was a solid lefty with great potential and if he could have remained healthy who’s to say he couldn’t have produced an all Star career, especially with how her performed last season.  

Go back a few years ago and the league lost Jose Fernandez who I always viewed as the Max Scherzer/Clayton Kershaw tier 

Just a shame we will never get to watch these young players at their peaks.

• Like 2

IDK if it's been posted on here yet but there's a cool video of Skaggs interviewing his teammates recently wearing an "I Voted" shirt asking them why LaStella should be an All Star.  Shows what kind of person and teammate the guy was, by all accounts a good dude who loved baseball and life:/

• Like 3

I saw him at a Phoenix Suns game a couple years ago (during ST). Made eye contact and he gave a little nod (as to say "what's up"), and we both kept walking on our way. I regret not talking to him, especially now. He seemed like a nice and approachable guy (and hearing everyone talk about him proves he was exactly that). 

• Like 3

There was Darryl Kile as well.

Jeez, that was 2002.  Hard to believe it was that long ago.

Shocked me hearing this news. Shows how fragile life can be. Life gets taken away from too many people by the cause of others, and in this case seems like natural causes do it also. Maybe a condition undiagnosed?

Dropping him from my team and seeing 'inactive' next to his name made me feel really sad. The players look in pieces which shows how much he meant to them all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pierceNKC said:

Have some decency man, and educate yourself. Your assessment of Yordano couldn't be more off-base.

You can personally message me if you’d like to discuss  Ventura. However this is a Skaggs thread and let’s both have decency and keep it related to him. 

I’ve really loved how the league has paid their respects and the different stories I have heard about how good of a person he was. Truly shows how baseball is a brotherhood and a family. The press conference after the game was truly heart wrenching. 

• Like 2