The23Enigma

Midnight Special Auction $125 Tonight

The famous Windy turned me on to a Flash Auction Roto draft earlier this week.  I got my head handed to me as a virgin auctioneer, but I'm ready to throw my hat back in the ring.

I have set up a Auction for tonight (in 3 hours).

Here is the Yahoo Link:

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/154896/invitation?key=98dffa669bd42c6a&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=624ebe85eb1acb8d

Here is the League Safe Link:

https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/3894839/midnight-special-auction-125

Let's get this filled!

Because this League was last minute, I thought 3 hours lead time was a minimum...if we get it filled in next 90 minutes or so, I would be cool with moving it up 30-45 minutes, if that works for everyone.  Let's see how it goes.

Settings are very vanilla -- standard 5x5 Roto and standard Roster construction -- this was done because of last minute nature of this League.

The payment deadline is May 1?  What happens if someone joins the league and doesn't pay by May 1?

I noticed that too, Skunk.  I think May 1 is the default date for League Safe leagues.  If 12 people do not pay before Midnight tonight, the draft doesn't happen.

I really want to talk myself into this but I'm in the Eastern time zone and midnight is awfully late, ha.  I was hoping something was still available for 10 pm or 11 pm Eastern.

Hell yeah. Let's go Skunk. Late night draft will be fun! 

If we only get to 10, can I recommend expanding rosters to 28 rounds, so about the same number of players are drafted / started? With 12 teams it would be 23 * 12 = 276 drafted (216 started). With 10 teams it would be 28 * 10 = 280 drafted (220 started). So, equivalent depth and would give us a little extra security. 

Can add CI, MI, fourth OF, 9th P spot, and 1 extra bench spot and then the depth would be basically the same at 10 teams. Thoughts? 

Let's get this thing filled. At least to 10. We can do that in the next 90 minutes. Just got us a 5th guy

Windy - Let's see how many teams we have by 11pm EST and we can further discuss changing the settings -- it might be fun for us Auction neophytes to have super teams...lol.

We got 6, someone in one of my leagues said he would join

Who else is in? 

Generally go with the 50% / 33% / 17% model.

So first place is 3x as much as third place, and 2nd place is halfway between. For example 750 / 500 / 250.

Or, if we had an 8-teamer, could be 500 / 330 / 170 

Edited by Windy