Sign in to follow this  
azeri98

Eloy Jimenez 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, kwelch said:

Has anyone seen his ABs lately? Wondering if the light is coming on, or he is just on a lucky streak.

We're starting to see what Eloy Jimenez can be

 

I did see last night. 

 

In his first AB, he swung and missed bad on a nasty slider to go down 1-2 in the count.. and he managed to work a walk. He laid off a couple pitches on the outside edge.

 

He probably strikes out a couple weeks ago.

 

Like any talented rookie, he’s learning. It’s a process, but he’s been much better lately.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider the buy low window CLOSED. Just about everything looks better than Opening Day. Power, contact, plate discipline.

Edited by mocha4313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Effortless 400+ foot home runs to center.  It’s not clear if it’s leaving the yard but then it’s a mega bomb.  Does that make any sense? 

WRC of 70 as of May 29 and now it’s something like 105.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 1:59 PM, Eddie Mush said:

I have this guy in a keeper so I'm obv holding onto him, but in redraft I might cut ties. He's bench player for fantasy purposes atm. He probably won't peak until a few years from now with our luck.

 

So glad I didn't give up on this guy. I need to trash talk him more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has really cut down on his Ks lately.

He has 3 in his last 25 ABs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Left the game with either elbow or shoulder injury, can't seem to get a clear picture. Twitter comments suggest it was a super soft collision, unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GratefulPhan said:

Left the game with either elbow or shoulder injury, can't seem to get a clear picture. Twitter comments suggest it was a super soft collision, unreal.

It almost looked like it should've felt good it was so soft.. Hopefully it's not a dislocation or a severe sprain or strain. If we're lucky he'll only miss a week or 2.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Hope he is not catching the "stanton" bug

No he’s actually played and has been productive. The Stanton bug is chronic. You only get a few ABs between injuries. This is more of a testament that maybe he should be DH instead of OF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What scares me about the injury is that it seemed so low impact and yet he was in a ton of pain. Non-contact and low impact injuries that don’t seem like a big deal but leave a guy in agony have a way of ending up pretty serious.  He didn’t get the wind knocked out of him, he didn’t take a big bump and get bruised up, and he sure as s--- didn’t get hit in the funny bone since they immediately flew him back to Chicago for tests and put him on the IL.  He essentially bumped into the centerfielder at a moderate speed and immediately favored his arm like he got shot. I have a sinking feeling he’s not going to be back in uniform until 2020. Hopefully I’m wrong about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it's an ulnar nerve contusion boys. If it's mild he could be fine in a couple days. Severe cases can take up to 6 weeks to heal with the most severe possibly requiring surgery. Judging by the video, I imagine it's a mild one but who knows.

Edited by KidDynamite420
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ulnar nerve contusion. Lazy googling tells me he could be fine in a couple days or have numbness in his arm for six months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

What scares me about the injury is that it seemed so low impact and yet he was in a ton of pain. Non-contact and low impact injuries that don’t seem like a big deal but leave a guy in agony have a way of ending up pretty serious.  He didn’t get the wind knocked out of him, he didn’t take a big bump and get bruised up, and he sure as s--- didn’t get hit in the funny bone since they immediately flew him back to Chicago for tests and put him on the IL.  He essentially bumped into the centerfielder at a moderate speed and immediately favored his arm like he got shot. I have a sinking feeling he’s not going to be back in uniform until 2020. Hopefully I’m wrong about that. 

 

If there is a silver lining, he was laughing a couple of times and smiling with Moncada towards the end of his walk off the field.  It may have been stinging pretty bad at first...hopefully it's minor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, boomzdaddy said:

 

If there is a silver lining, he was laughing a couple of times and smiling with Moncada towards the end of his walk off the field.  It may have been stinging pretty bad at first...hopefully it's minor.  

Ya no doubt it hurts or goes numb immediately. Hopefully there's more clarity in the next day or two about how severe and long he'll be out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys in redraft dropping ?

 

I'd been patient with him in my 10 team all year, was nice to see him heat up a bit and return some production. But this late into the season and who knows at this point how many weeks he's out, then what he'll contribute once back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His issue as a minor league all along is that he was ultimately a butcher in left field and had a few injuries that kept him out of the lineup as a result of said issues playing the field.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tonywow said:

You guys in redraft dropping ?

 

I'd been patient with him in my 10 team all year, was nice to see him heat up a bit and return some production. But this late into the season and who knows at this point how many weeks he's out, then what he'll contribute once back.

I'm holding for now in my 10 team. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Bench Coach content.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been activated, lets get hot ROS my man. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.