dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

13 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

And they’ll win 28-14 or 28-21 instead of 35-3? This train of thought makes no sense. They are absolutely dismantling teams that were put on their schedule out of their control. What more do people want?

I think his point was that if beating the Bills 16-10 doesn't make a matchup coming up like Eagles or Chiefs look slightly better (which are really the only two tough games they have all year) 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

I think his point was that if beating the Bills 16-10 doesn't make a matchup coming up like Eagles or Chiefs look slightly better (which are really the only two tough games they have all year) 

I think the Bills are a solid playoff team this year. They just need better play out of their QB

• Like 1

Just now, fingers said:

I think the Bills are a solid playoff team this year. They just need better play out of their QB

Easy schedule makes me think they will finish 10-6ish

SURELY NEXT WEEK THE PATS D WILL BE EXPOSED BY BAKER MAYFIELD RIGHT GUYS

GUYS?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

SURELY NEXT WEEK THE PATS D WILL BE EXPOSED BY BAKER MAYFIELD RIGHT GUYS

GUYS?

Hand it off to Chubb every play.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Accio55 said:

They better put the safety back on the points board tho 😐

They sent out a tweet saying they would not (ESPN).. apparently since it was penalty enforced, they ruled a similar play by the saints a safety, so inconsistent, absolute crap

Giving up 4 points per game. Insane.

Edited by MJJ28

13 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

They sent out a tweet saying they would not (ESPN).. apparently since it was penalty enforced, they ruled a similar play by the saints a safety, so inconsistent, absolute crap

whattt can you provide the link? I tried finding it but couldn’t. That will decide my week. I wasn’t freaking out because I just assumed it was a system error and that I’d get the points by morning

2 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

whattt can you provide the link? I tried finding it but couldn’t. That will decide my week. I wasn’t freaking out because I just assumed it was a system error and that I’d get the points by morning

Surely by now the great folks of MA are sick of this, no? Doesn't winning get boring at some point? Don't you get sick of subpar competition?

Edited by Thrill22

Just now, dakimbell said:

Damnnnnnn. Well that really blows... Thanks for providing the info though. Looks like I’ll be going to bed depressed instead of uncertain. 

4 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Damnnnnnn. Well that really blows... Thanks for providing the info though. Looks like I’ll be going to bed depressed instead of uncertain. 

It is terribly inconsistent really because a safety is a safety. But the fact the saints got credited for a very similar play and Pats didnt is very inconsistent by ESPN. Fwiw yahoo and draftkings are crediting Pats with safety

9 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

It is terribly inconsistent really because a safety is a safety. But the fact the saints got credited for a very similar play and Pats didnt is very inconsistent by ESPN. Fwiw yahoo and draftkings are crediting Pats with safety

Nfl fantasy as well

2 minutes ago, the holy one said:

Nfl fantasy as well

Yea espn says since the pats was a penalty induced safety and the saints was a special teams induced safety they are different, despite nothng in their league setting differentiating the two. Standard settings just say a safety is scored as 2 points. It is unreal, people are going to riot lol

Last year the SF DST got credit for a safety on a Rosen intentional grounding in the endzone in Arizona.

Yes apparently every other fantasy app is crediting it. And not only that. They credited the saints yesterday for the exact same thing.  People are definitely not happy. I also included lol 

Just now, ninersdd said:

Last year the SF DST got credit for a safety on a Rosen intentional grounding in the endzone in Arizona.

They credited the saints yesterday. For the exact same thing that happens to the bears. Which is also a major point people are pissed about.  Including the fact everyone besides them sees it this way. Someone on ESPN going against New England this week 😂

I don't care what ESPN says, the spirit of the scoring is clear as day in this situation. The defense caused this, the defense should get the two points. It's really that simple. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't care what ESPN says, the spirit of the scoring is clear as day in this situation. The defense caused this, the defense should get the two points. It's really that simple. 

This! No doubt about that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Exactly. A safety is a safety. Imagine all other websites even including the NFL fantasy app calling it a safety. And then you just saying “nah it’s not”.  Good way to move a lot of fantasy owners to different leagues 😂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Surely by now the great folks of MA are sick of this, no? Doesn't winning get boring at some point? Don't you get sick of subpar competition?

NO

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thrill22 said:

The schedule is automatically set every season. The only variable is where the games are played (home/away) and when they are played (TNF, SNF, MNF, London, Mexico, etc.). In general I think NE tends to get a lot of their toughest games on their yearly schedule at home.

As the division winner they face the division winners of 2 of the other 3 divisions in their conference. And play the entire 3rd division on a rotation of every 3 seasons. They play an entire NFC division on a rotation of every 4 seasons. It is set this way for every single team.

Their division has been one of the weaker ones, for sure, but then they often get upset in one or two of those every season. And they face a relatively weak NFC division this season. Maybe the scheduling system is due for an overhaul, but the NFL changes so much in the span of a year that I don't think it is needed. Teams can quickly go from worst to first and first to worst. And all those teams that were first and are going to worst NE is facing this season since they were the division winner.

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Image result for belichick lets party

image.jpeg

going to be interesting when they face QBs like Watson and Mahomes. Still a great defense but they've played washed up Ben, Fitz/Rosen, Falk, Allen/Matt Barkley, Colt Mccoy, Daniel Jones, and Darnold