dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

How am I not forming my own opinion? You keep going on and on about ESPN even though most people are talking about the Athletic article. Just because I reach a different conclusion then you do doesn't mean it's not my own opinion. 

What proof of this "situation" has lead you to your opinion? Different conclusion than me? I haven't come to a conclusion so what are you talking about?

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed speculation about mindset of other members.

4 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

No one. I don't have a source yet as I'm waiting for investigation to be completed before coming to a conclusion. I know it's not a popular stance to take, but I prefer to allow all information unfold before I form an opinion based off emotion.

Are you on a grand jury? Do you have some sort of relationship with Roger Goodell? What kind of person lives their lives unable to form opinions until they have scientific proof? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed speculation about mindset of other member.

Didn't read too much into this because its the... Bengals?? The f--- does New England have to be concerned about there??? what sort of edge are they getting filming from field instead of replays? I get they play them next but does the patriots need some sort of edge to take this dwindled down team??? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Welp, Paul Dehner, Jr. says so so that's enough for me! Never heard of him, but I'm sure he's the most credible source out there and I will ignore that no credible sources have backed it up.

And you list "another source". Someone named Diana saying "a source". OMG how reliable. Seems like gospel to me.

The standards that people have when it comes to news and information is ridiculously low. People are so gullible. I suppose I could tweet anything I want to as long as I start it with "a source tells me..." Must be true and whoever is reading it must not do any research of their own to determine the validity of my claims!

L.O.L.

He's a sports writer/analyst for the Athletic.  She is a host/analyst from NFL Live. The Spygate article was written by one of the senior sports writers over at Business Insider. The other tweet is directly from the Patriots completely admitting that they broke the same rule they did before.

So since you like to "review all the evidence"  care to show me some that defends the Patriots here? 

2 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

No one. I don't have a source yet as I'm waiting for investigation to be completed before coming to a conclusion. I know it's not a popular stance to take, but I prefer to allow all information unfold before I form an opinion based off emotion.

Such a cop out to reflexively defend your favorite team.  And incredibly transparent.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

What proof of this "situation" has lead you to your opinion?

1. It's proven they've done this before with filming

2. The excuse they trotted out was one that was prepped last time they got caught for filming

3. The bengals are tanking for a draft pick, so why would they lie about the fact that the tape shows 8 minutes of their sideline? What's in it for the Bengals to make this whole thing up?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

the fact that the tape shows 8 minutes of their sideline

Only proof that matters. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed reference to deleted post.

10 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Only proof that matters. 

I haven't personally seen the video yet. Do you have a link?

Also, I politely ask that you do not misquote me again as you seem to imply. as I never said "the fact that the tape shows 8 minutes of their sideline" as you seem to imply.

Edited by ThreadKiller

So exactly how is mcDaniels going to rebuild this team without Brady when he eventually takes over if they keep losing 1st rd draft picks? 😂

21 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

1. It's proven they've done this before with filming

2. The excuse they trotted out was one that was prepped last time they got caught for filming

3. The bengals are tanking for a draft pick, so why would they lie about the fact that the tape shows 8 minutes of their sideline? What's in it for the Bengals to make this whole thing up?

You are correct, the video shows 8 minutes of just the sideline. Patriots were up to something.

If the crew was filming for "Do your job" then I wonder the below.

1. Why film the sideline for that long?

2. Why film the team a week before they play them? Couldn't they just film when they played them?

3. Why not film their own team for this so called video?

Edited by iretirefromfantasy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So exactly how is mcDaniels going to rebuild this team without Brady when he eventually takes over if they keep losing 1st rd draft picks? 😂

McDaniels might be in LA with Brady....this mess might be Beavis Belichicks to clean up....

• Haha 1

Kraft is too busy getting “massages” to try to figure out how to cheat without getting caught. 

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

You are correct, the video shows 8 minutes of just the sideline. Patriots were up to something.

2. Why film the team a week before they play them? Couldn't they just film when they played them?

It seems like everyone here has seen the video with these definitive statements. I feel left out. Does anyone have a link to the video or is that not something that can be shared here? I'd like to see it...

All legitimate questions though and I commend you for asking them while trying to sort out your own opinion. Those are answers I would like as well to be honest. The whole thing is certainly fishy and I'm hoping for some clarity soon as more information from credible sources comes out.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

In my mind, this is just a misunderstanding that is magnified x100 because it is the Pats. Gotta love all these hack reporters as the sources too.

[...]

Lol, filming the Bengals signals without them knowing is not a misunderstanding. Bengals are pissed.  Patriots cheating again.

Bilichek was fined $500k before, Kraft $250k and they lost a first round draft pick because they were guilty.  This time it won't be so "light". Get ready for the banhammer. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8540510

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Hey guys, we are going to make a documentary on what its like to be an NFL scout.

... Proceed to only film the bengals sideline signals for the first quarter...

Hey guys, lets just delete the tape and forget this ever happened...

LOL

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Hey guys, we are going to make a documentary on what its like to be an NFL scout.

... Proceed to only film the bengals sideline signals for the first quarter...

Hey guys, lets just delete the tape and forget this ever happened...

LOL

Has it been confirmed that that actually happened though? (the "hey guys let's just delete it" part).

Not saying it didn't, but for me personally, I tend to require more proof than a single random source on the internet.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Has it been confirmed that that actually happened though? (the "hey guys let's just delete it" part).

Not saying it didn't, but for me personally, I tend to require more proof than a single random source on the internet.

4 posts above.  ESPN is reporting it from a source.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Saw that "Diana" from ESPN claims to have "a source". In my opinion, ESPN isn't even close to being reliable though so I'm going to have to hold off on judgement until it's actually confirmed.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

this team is a bunch of cheaters. they need to be stripped of every championship and banned from the league.

Really?

Really?

That’s too much but IF the Patriots are in fact guilty than Bills should win the division and Pats be eliminated from playoffs. 

Again, if proven guilty. This s--- needs to stop 

• Like 3

Here's a source that contradicts The Athletic. Point is, it makes sense to reserve judgement until it unfolds because there are a lot of flimsy sources out there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/10/nfl-hopes-decide-quickly-whether-punish-patriots-taping-bengals-sideline/

"The league, at least initially, did not seem to believe that severe sanctions against the Patriots were likely, but it was still in the early portion of its review."

Edited by ThreadKiller

5 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

this team is a bunch of cheaters. they need to be stripped of every championship and banned from the league.

Relegated like soccer banished to the CFL?

18 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Mort was the 'source' for Deflategate. ESPN kept factually wrong info up on their website without retracting anything and escalated the whole thing. ESPN is not a valid source for Patriots news.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 2