dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

Why is anyone surprised the AFC East has sucked ? They've had the best team in the NFL in their division beating up on them the last 17 year. The NFL is competitive and it's even more competitive when you're basically penciled in for 0-2 before the season starts.

But anyways, that's only tangentially relevant. It's 2019 and there's this thing called google you can use to find Brady's record versus any division.

Spoiler alert: Tom gave equal opportunity beatings to every division.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Spoiler alert: Tom gave equal opportunity beatings to every division.

Tom Brady is the Greatest Of All Time the  (GOAT) 

• Like 1

Yes the pats have been amazing for nearly 20 years. Let's talk about how much they are going to suck from 2019 on 😂

• Like 1

I think what’s overlooked in the “Patriots do almost just as well outside the AFC East” stance (see Field Yates’s breakdown) is that playing against chump teams for a considerable portion of your schedule is going to have collateral benefits.  If you accept that each team has only a discrete amount of time/practice reps in a given season to prepare for its slate of opponents, a team in a notoriously weak division can and should make use of that time accordingly - by allocating more time/effort to strategizing against tougher teams, while reserving less time for those cream-puff matchups that the team will likely win even if it isn’t on it’s A-game that day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, devaster said:

The NFC East has been named the NFC Least in the last few years and has gone through long stretches where at least 2 of the 4 teams in the division suck. The Redskins and Giants have been good for a while. Cowboys are up and down. Eagles have some stability, but were up and down in Andy's last year or two and during Chip's era.

Steelers and Ravens? Sure. Bengals? nah.

For what it’s worth...I came across a 2017 link that showed each division W-L record outside of their own division over the past 15 yrs.  

The NFC-E had the best showing.

The AFC-E had the worst.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

For what it’s worth...I came across a 2017 link that showed each division W-L record outside of their own division over the past 15 yrs.  

The NFC-E had the best showing.

The AFC-E had the worst.

I never said the NFC-E was worse than the AFC-E. I just didn't think there were many divisions that consistently fielded more than 2 good teams. Rarely does a division field more than 1 good team.

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

I never said the NFC-E was worse than the AFC-E. I just didn't think there were many divisions that consistently fielded more than 2 good teams. Rarely does a division field more than 1 good team.

It was interesting to see the NFC-East as the best division when it comes to playing outside of their division during that period of time.

15 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Schiano out already. Weird.

Everyone is jumping ship!

i read it was to focus on Jesus and family...

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Everyone is jumping ship!

i read it was to focus on Jesus and family...

The organization is falling apart. 

1st the owner gets busted in a criminal sting, they miss on AB, they miss on Jared, then Gronk retires and now the defensive cor bailed before he got a hoodie with his name on it. . . 😱

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I read it was to focus on Jesus and family...

AKA he cheated on his wife 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kdko said:

But if you are cheating you need the job to be able to afford to pay for the divorce. . .😱

On 3/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, dashoe said:

1st the owner gets busted in a criminal sting

He was framed

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, kdko said:

aka he didn't want to work hard under Belichick. Belichick is notorious as a controlling coach.

On 3/27/2019 at 5:46 PM, BMcP said:

I think what’s overlooked in the “Patriots do almost just as well outside the AFC East” stance (see Field Yates’s breakdown) is that playing against chump teams for a considerable portion of your schedule is going to have collateral benefits.  If you accept that each team has only a discrete amount of time/practice reps in a given season to prepare for its slate of opponents, a team in a notoriously weak division can and should make use of that time accordingly - by allocating more time/effort to strategizing against tougher teams, while reserving less time for those cream-puff matchups that the team will likely win even if it isn’t on it’s A-game that day.

Image result for beltre gif

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 9:01 PM, devaster said:

aka he didn't want to work hard under Belichick. Belichick is notorious as a controlling coach.

I think it's neither. Not everything needs to be a conspiracy theory. He had been mulling it for weeks I guess.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/01/patriots-greg-schiano-resignation/amp/

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

I think it's neither. Not everything needs to be a conspiracy theory. He had been mulling it for weeks I guess.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/01/patriots-greg-schiano-resignation/amp/

How is that a conspiracy theory? The guy just didn't want to work as hard as the job with the Patriots demands.

3 hours ago, devaster said:

How is that a conspiracy theory? The guy just didn't want to work as hard as the job with the Patriots demands.

I was replying to all the theories, you were just the last that posted. Everything aside from the reason he gave is a conspiracy theory on some level.

Belichick after the draft:

unnamed.jpg.5874c03c18dc0c5a34a7c0e4c7fc3b0d.jpg

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side."

Edited by Boudewijn

On 3/26/2019 at 1:01 PM, dashoe said:

AFC East is a trashbin and the primary reason for the Pats success. When was the last time at least 75% of that division was ever considered GOOD?  🤣 

On 3/26/2019 at 7:25 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

Patriots werent paying Antonio Brown what he wanted and goes to sad OAK.. Another MISS for the Pats at WR. Without Gronk, this WR group is lacking. Are they depending on Gordon being reinstated? Its time the Pats swalliow some pride and start paying big for an Elite talent. 

1. Pittsburgh wasn't trading him there.

2. He had a contract in place.

6 hours ago, Call me Red said:

1. Pittsburgh wasn't trading him there.

2. He had a contract in place.

“Time to swallow their pride” and “pay top dollar for a wr.”

Synd doesn’t even understand his own team...lol.

6 hours ago, Call me Red said:

I love the effort however that's a terrible terrible analysis because it does not support his premise🤣

The only point is proves is the average win totals of the 3 teams in each division which proves what exactly? Nothing. . . 🤪

maybe if showed how the 3 bottom teams fared outside of their divisions and removed intra division games he could head in the right direction  but again that wouldnt show the strength of the entire division just half of it. . .😱

That's just a terrible interpretation by a fan going haywire with a theory.

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

I love the effort however that's a terrible terrible analysis because it does not support his premise🤣

The only point is proves is the average win totals of the 3 teams in each division which proves what exactly? Nothing. . . 🤪

maybe if showed how the 3 bottom teams fared outside of their divisions and removed intra division games he could head in the right direction  but again that wouldnt show the strength of the entire division just half of it. . .😱

That's just a terrible interpretation by a fan going haywire with a theory.

It’s showing the average win total by non division winners. I think it’s interesting. 

It doesn't make sense to not include the division winners. Sometimes division winners have 7, 8, or 9 wins, while the top teams often have more than 12. Definitely skews the numbers a bit.

• Like 1