dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

All facets of the game failed. Brady would be smart to leave for greener pastures. Absolutely pathetic!

The chronic failure to upgrade the WR position has really bit them hard at this point. Pretty safe to say the Sanu move has been a flop. Brady is crippled by Edelman playing at likely <50%. He lacks trust in his other options largely because they deserve none, and Edelman is the only one who can do what Edelman does. It depends on who they draw next week but I would actually not be shocked to see them go one/done.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

The '85 Bears would not have lost to the 2019 Dolphins at home.

Urban Legend

IMO if they draw TEN - which appears likely - that would be a very tough matchup for them the way this offense is playing.

I agree. Henry will run all over them. It's a sad way to end Bradys career here, but that's seemingly what will happen.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

HEAVILY targeting parker next year in FF.. finally becoming the stud he was meant to be

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bakes781 said:

They should have drafted deebo 

They should have drafted AJ Brown who literally begged them to draft him because he's a huge Pats fan. Instead they drafted the worst possible WR fit in Nkeal Harry LOL.

Also I'm absolutely terrified of the Tennessee matchup. They can't tackle for **** right now and get Derrick Henry 🙃

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

They should have drafted AJ Brown who literally begged them to draft him because he's a huge Pats fan. Instead they drafted the worst possible WR fit in Nkeal Harry LOL.

Also I'm absolutely terrified of the Tennessee matchup. They can't tackle for **** right now and get Derrick Henry 🙃

Looking at the advanced stats coming out of college N’Keal Harry was the better prospect. A career is not one year.

you don’t think Harry has the tools to play in the nfl

Just now, shakestreet said:

Looking at the advanced stats coming out of college N’Keal Harry was the better prospect. A career is not one year.

you don’t think Harry has the tools to play in the nfl

I think he's talented but he's a terrible scheme fit for a win-now team that likes to get the ball into receivers hands quickly. He consistently wore cornerbacks like a shirt in his college tape. His route running is bad and his hands have also been questionable for someone who was considered a great jump ball receiver. As far as AJB being a worse prospect it seems like he just wasn't asked to run a lot of complicated routes in college. Same can be said for Terry McLaurin.

And oh yeah, Belichick has an absolutely atrocious history of WR draft picks so this is even less surprising.

Pathetic loss. Pats O sux. and where the hell was Edelman? Dude is apparently still hurt. No way we get past wildcard weekend

I hope my team stomps this fraud of an organization.

Feed King Henry, and feed him alot.

GO TITANS!!!!!!

Edited by cashvillesent
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bakes781 said:

All facets of the game failed. Brady would be smart to leave for greener pastures. Absolutely pathetic!

Brady has just been off this year- he's not throwing accurate passes consistently and he seems a touch slower in the pocket. I'm thinking this may be his final year...but I really hope he hits free agency, ends up somewhere else, then gets embarrassed next year without Ernie Adams telling him every move to make.

• Haha 2

I just think deebo would have been the perfect replacement for what we are now witnessing which is the end of edelmania. He was a warrior but jules is damaged goods now. The other WRs in this rookie class are all deep threats but that's not the Pats offense. Another guy they could have used was Humphreys. 

16 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

The chronic failure to upgrade the WR position has really bit them hard at this point. Pretty safe to say the Sanu move has been a flop. Brady is crippled by Edelman playing at likely <50%. He lacks trust in his other options largely because they deserve none.

To his credit, Belichick has repeatedly tried to address the problem... they started the season with Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon and a healthy Edelman. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

To his credit, Belichick has repeatedly tried to address the problem... they started the season with Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon and a healthy Edelman. 

It's Brady's fault, Gordon always wide open Brady never throws to him.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Jules & the two screwballs playing at a cinema near you. 

I know there is Brady worship galore in the forums but his arm is not the reason why this team will succeed or fail. 

The facts are the NE offense is not very talented and their defense has been the main reason why they have won games this season.

Miami was not a wake up call, the loss was a reality check that they are not that good. The Texans-KC-Ravens are 3 teams who have beaten them regular season and they will face at least 1 of them in the playoffs to win the AFC title. 

The question is can they win out the rest of the way for a SB.

I don't think they have the talent and personnel depth to do it.

How can all these teams be interested in hiring McDaniels as a HC just one year after spurning Indy ? We were told on this board he would NEVER get another head coaching offer.🤣

14 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

How can all these teams be interested in hiring McDaniels as a HC just one year after spurning Indy ? We were told on this board he would NEVER get another head coaching offer.🤣

I think you are grossly exaggerating, it's the NFL, criminals, drug addicts, sexual assaulters and wife beaters are hired regularly because teams want to win. McDaniels did not do anything except renege on a contract, if anything, teams will be more careful with the language in a contract they offer him. Also the teams that are rumored to want to interview him are desperate teams with owner/mgmt/player ptoblems, so I doubt they are going to be super selective in their coaching criteria. Depserate teams don't hold all of the leverage in negotiations and access to the coaching talent pool. Also look at the names in the hat, old retreads or untested potential HC's or every year wish list unicorns like Mcdaniels

Edited by dashoe

32 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think you are grossly exaggerating, it's the NFL, criminals, drug addicts, sexual assaulters and wife beaters are hired regularly because teams want to win. McDaniels did not do anything except renege on a contract, if anything, teams will be more careful with the language in a contract they offer him. Also the teams that are rumored to want to interview him are desperate teams with owner/mgmt/player ptoblems, so I doubt they are going to be super selective in their coaching criteria. Depserate teams don't hold all of the leverage in negotiations and access to the coaching talent pool. Also look at the names in the hat, old retreads or untested potential HC's or every year wish list unicorns like Mcdaniels

Mcdaniels is trash HC though.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

There were multiple posters in the 2018 Patriots thread that said he would never get a HC offer again because of the way he spurned Indy.  Not sure what I'm grossly exaggerating. Seems like we agree that was a ridiculous take.