dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

There's a reason no team has EVER dominated for 20 years in the NFL...and there are reasons one now has.

Reason A: They taped signals from an angle that isn't allowed. Taping signals is fine, but the camera angle they used is a absolutely heinous.

Reason B: They managed to luck into a combination of an all-time great HC, QB, and an owner that didn't feel the need to micromanage everything in the football department.

HMMMMMMMMMMM

1 minute ago, cashvillesent said:

That they have improved their method of cheating?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Reason A: They taped signals from an angle that isn't allowed. Taping signals is fine, but the camera angle they used is a absolutely heinous.

Reason B: They managed to luck into a combination of an all-time great HC, QB, and an owner that didn't feel the need to micromanage everything in the football department.

HMMMMMMMMMMM

B seems the least likely. On any level.

2 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

B seems the least likely. On any level.

Well option B is the answer for every reasonable person with eyes that have been used to watch football for the past 15 or so years. Let's not even bring up all of their league peers consistently voting both of them into all-time great lists. The stars aligned for the Pats in a way that will probably never happen again for awhile for any other team.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

That they have improved their method of cheating?

Wow.

The entire premise of this latest "cheating" theory is honestly too dumb to even react, but I have EDIT OK ONLY 17-whatever-thousand posts so obviously I just can't resist. 

The Patriots needed to "cheat" on one of the worst teams in NFL history to beat them, so the story goes. 

I think that's why not many people are taking this seriously.

I should just quit there but one more thing - on its face it is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard/witnessed. And I hate the Patriots.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Im thinking the pats will try drafting MOBILE athletic QB's with good arms in the coming drafts. The NFL QB play style is changing and working given the system

Like Lamar Jackson?

45 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Well option B is the answer for every reasonable person with eyes that have been used to watch football for the past 15 or so years. Let's not even bring up all of their league peers consistently voting both of them into all-time great lists. The stars aligned for the Pats in a way that will probably never happen again for awhile for any other team.

Stop.

I'm not going to sit here and suffer through faux incredulity.

They have cheated. They have been caught. Numerous times now.

You can be all cocky and bullish about this when you understand:

At some point, there needs to be a logical and cogent explanation for.....

A formerly failed HC picks a 6th round nobody QB, and they put together a heretofore unheard of dynasty no matter the assistant coaches, or offensive or defensive talent, all while cheating numerous times in numerous ways, but that somehow everyone does, but never get caught, while the "genius" has gotten caught multiple times, risking so much for cheating that supposedly gives them no benefit.

i mean, there is no way to make that not sound as insane and absurd as it it. it is literally an unsquarable circle.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Wow.

The entire premise of this latest "cheating" theory is honestly too dumb to even react, but I have EDIT OK ONLY 17-whatever-thousand posts so obviously I just can't resist. 

The Patriots needed to "cheat" on one of the worst teams in NFL history to beat them, so the story goes. 

I think that's why not many people are taking this seriously.

I should just quit there but one more thing - on its face it is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard/witnessed. And I hate the Patriots.

Look what happened when they didn't tape the Dolphins sidelines.....

And you can call it ridiculous, if that's how you see it, that's how you see it. It's all good.

Many people agree with you, many people don't. We'll likely never know the full extent to which the cheating (that you and others flatly CAN NOT deny) helped them.

Remember...6th round QB, not on ANY scout or team's radar, very poor athlete in comparison to his peers, below average arm. Here's some scouting reports on him:

“He had that great bowl game but I think he’s just very common,” a scout of NFC team said, according to McGinn. “He’s a bony, very thin kind of guy. God, you can see his ribs on his build. His arm is just adequate.”

“I don’t like him,” said the scout. “Smart guy. That’s it.”

--Poor build 
--Skinny
--Lacks great physical stature and strength
--Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
--Lacks a really strong arm
--Can’t drive the ball downfield
--Does not throw a really tight spiral
--System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
--Gets knocked down easily
--5.28 40 yard dash, 24" vertical

But he was smart. Smart enough to shift his vision when told where to go with the ball, DURING the play, through an illegal speaker in his helmet (this speaker's existence is FACT, by the way...tin-foil hat not required...you can believe it, it won't make you a conspiracy theorist). On a team, that has been PROVEN to know what plays a team was running against them for years.

Too much there to ignore, unless you're blinded by rings.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Like Lamar Jackson?

nah he sux

5 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

If the fins can catch them with their pants down....Tennessee will have no problem

The fins always catch them with their pants down once a year though.

4 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

If the fins can catch them with their pants down....Tennessee will have no problem

If Edelman is still hurt and a non factor The titans win.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I mean it is very telling that the tanking Dolphins with backups in many positions with literally nothing to play for except offseason contracts and pride beat the Pats who were playing for something. Hoodie did not bench his starters in week 17. 

that gameplan should have ben run the ball down the Dolphins throat and then kill them in the air with chunk plays downfield.

The Pats should hae never lost that game knowing Miami has ZERO rushing attack and fitzpatrick was only going to throw the ball downfield all day to Parker 

Edited by dashoe

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

If Edelman is still hurt and a non factor The titans win.

Titans stomped the Pats last year with an handicapped QB under center, Marcus Marifloata.

The only way Pats win this game is help from the referees, or a dirty hit on Tannehill

Edited by cashvillesent

52 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Look what happened when they didn't tape the Dolphins sidelines.....

And you can call it ridiculous, if that's how you see it, that's how you see it. It's all good.

Many people agree with you, many people don't. We'll likely never know the full extent to which the cheating (that you and others flatly CAN NOT deny) helped them.

Remember...6th round QB, not on ANY scout or team's radar, very poor athlete in comparison to his peers, below average arm. Here's some scouting reports on him:

“He had that great bowl game but I think he’s just very common,” a scout of NFC team said, according to McGinn. “He’s a bony, very thin kind of guy. God, you can see his ribs on his build. His arm is just adequate.”

“I don’t like him,” said the scout. “Smart guy. That’s it.”

--Poor build 
--Skinny
--Lacks great physical stature and strength
--Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
--Lacks a really strong arm
--Can’t drive the ball downfield
--Does not throw a really tight spiral
--System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
--Gets knocked down easily
--5.28 40 yard dash, 24" vertical

But he was smart. Smart enough to shift his vision when told where to go with the ball, DURING the play, through an illegal speaker in his helmet (this speaker's existence is FACT, by the way...tin-foil hat not required...you can believe it, it won't make you a conspiracy theorist). On a team, that has been PROVEN to know what plays a team was running against them for years.

Too much there to ignore, unless you're blinded by rings.

hoo boy. I'll let your post stand for itself as proof. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Yeah that post was just a giant salt mine. As if it's impossible for a QB to get by off of smarts and improve his arm strength once he gets into the league.

18 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Yeah that post was just a giant salt mine. As if it's impossible for a QB to get by off of smarts and improve his arm strength once he gets into the league.

You need a smart and accurate QB to run the EP system

55 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Without refuting one point. Facts suck don't they?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Another way Pats' defenders trip over their own arguments......

They act like EVERY other team cheats, without real evidence to back that up.....

But then act like the Pats don't cheat, but if they did, they only do it in the one way (taping of signals), even though there's mountains of evidence they've cheated in numerous different ways, from messing with equipment like game balls to having an always on speaker in Brady's headset. But could they be possibly be cheating ion any other way? Oh noooooooooooo. Never. Every other team? Yes absolutely, but not the team that gets caught cheating every 5 years.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I do think they rely on their option route system to a fault at times because McDaniels is so goddamn stubborn with his playcalling. This past season especially with Harry and Meyers clearly not having enough time or experience to learn it. Even Reggie Wayne opted to retire instead of wasting an offseason learning it. Dumbing it down for newer receivers would have helped earlier this season and they're only just now doing that a bit with Harry.

52 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Not saying he's not football smart to a high degree...not saying he didn't improve his athleticism and fitness over the years...he most certainly did. I'm saying the process was greatly added to by their "methods." The facts are there, you can deny 'em all you want.

Edit: What do you say about the 3 times before this year they were caught cheating? To include, do you believe all 3 happened, and to what extent do you think they could help a team? If you can't answer those, it's all for naught.

27 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Another way Pats' defenders trip over their own arguments......

They act like EVERY other team cheats, without real evidence to back that up.....

But then act like the Pats don't cheat, but if they did, they only do it in the one way (taping of signals), even though there's mountains of evidence they've cheated in numerous different ways, from messing with equipment like game balls to having an always on speaker in Brady's headset. But could they be possibly be cheating ion any other way? Oh noooooooooooo. Never. Every other team? Yes absolutely, but not the team that gets caught cheating every 5 years.

Dude, every team steals signals or whatever, and the other "cheats" you listed off are absurd. You're just coming off as a butt hurt brady hater. I honestly dont even understand the hate for him, he's an all around classy guy and one of the few guys who praises his team/teammates and doesn't talk a load of ****

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Dude, every team steals signals or whatever, and the other "cheats" you listed off are absurd. You're just coming off as a butt hurt brady hater. I honestly dont even understand the hate for him, he's an all around classy guy and one of the few guys who praises his team/teammates and doesn't talk a load of ****

How many other teams are caught? seems like its the patriots every other year in another scandal.

45 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I do think they rely on their option route system to a fault at times because McDaniels is so goddamn stubborn with his playcalling. This past season especially with Harry and Meyers clearly not having enough time or experience to learn it. Even Reggie Wayne opted to retire instead of wasting an offseason learning it. Dumbing it down for newer receivers would have helped earlier this season and they're only just now doing that a bit with Harry.

The weakness i saw with mcdaniels coaching this season that I dont think I ever noticed before was he didnt fully adapt his version of the EP system for the level of the talent. in years past the talent had to rise to meet the criteria of the system but that made sense when u had vet guys indoctrinated across the board and some depth but this season their depth was weak.  You could clearly see the frustration of Brady as the execution was failing in games on bread and butter plays. 

I put that on the coaching more than i put that on Bradys decline. 

• Like 1