dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Call me Red said:

It’s showing the average win total by non division winners. I think it’s interesting. 

When competing with the best team in the NFL that happens to be in their division, they are penciling in an 0-2 pretty much from the start. I'm not math wizard, but doesn't that contribute to the subpar average win total?

The efforts some people go to in order to try and disprove what the Patriots have done is amazing. People that aren't a fan of the team certainly spend a lot of time thinking about them (following them on message boards on the internet with strangers, coming up with strange examples in efforts to try to prove some faulty opinion/theory). Envy certainly brings the best out of people, huh?

• Like 2

I’d also point out, the Pats record outside their division is exceptional too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, devaster said:

It doesn't make sense to not include the division winners. Sometimes division winners have 7, 8, or 9 wins, while the top teams often have more than 12. Definitely skews the numbers a bit.

That's the beauty of making up your own statistical methodology, you can prove whatever you want 😂

welp..... Welcome back Jamie Collins. you are now relevant again. i like this signing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

welp..... Welcome back Jamie Collins. you are now relevant again. i like this signing

Same here.

19 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Weird how I knew who attached a "laughing" reaction to your post before I even checked...

Anyway, I like this signing too. It's a low risk move that could pay off. No reason not to sign him here.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Gotta love Peterson getting suspended. He said Brady 'disrespected the game' during deflategate. Waiting for the 300 page thread on it.

• Like 1

Why is this a thread?

BB, Tom Brady, not a lot of receivers, rest of Division sucks.

They win their division.  They get a playoff-bye.  Home field advantage?

The thread should be who gets AFC home field advantage for the playoffs?  New England or someone else?  

10 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Why is this a thread?

BB, Tom Brady, not a lot of receivers, rest of Division sucks.

They win their division.  They get a playoff-bye.  Home field advantage?

The thread should be who gets AFC home field advantage for the playoffs?  New England or someone else?  

while you paint a more accurate thread / scenario, your suggestion undermines all of the hopes, positivity, and painlessness of springtime.

i mean, right now, for the 2019 season, my jets are tied with the patriots, and i won't be able to say that for much longer.

Weird_Jets_Fan.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sack Exchange said:

while you paint a more accurate thread / scenario, your suggestion undermines all of the hopes, positivity, and painlessness of springtime.

i mean, right now, for the 2019 season, my jets are tied with the patriots, and i won't be able to say that for much longer.

Weird_Jets_Fan.jpg

The Jets are a mess.  They fired their GM, and the new guy in charge (Gase) doesn't like Bell or Mosley: the new leaders of the offense and defense?

Miami is in complete rebuild mode.

The leading rusher on the Bills last year was their QB.  Same OC, new receivers, same QB who doesn't throw...or hand off to his RBs?   

Without the Patriots, this would be another division where 7-9 is good enough for a home playoff game.

3 hours ago, jmausen said:

The Jets are a mess.  They fired their GM, and the new guy in charge (Gase) doesn't like Bell or Mosley: the new leaders of the offense and defense?

Miami is in complete rebuild mode.

The leading rusher on the Bills last year was their QB.  Same OC, new receivers, same QB who doesn't throw...or hand off to his RBs?   

Without the Patriots, this would be another division where 7-9 is good enough for a home playoff game.

The Jets will go at least 500.

I saw stats the other day that indicated the Pats have the same stats against all nfl teams as they do against teams in their division. I also saw stats to suggest the division against other divisions are highest. In other words, there isn’t a major difference between the AFC and any other division over several years. I wish I could find them or if someone can post it here it would be nice. This is my understanding at least. So I ask, is the AFC really any weaker than the rest of the divisions? If the answer is no, then I assume this means the Pats aren’t just getting to the super bowls due to an unfair advantage of their division being weak. Maybe the rest of the NFL should feel fortunate the Pats aren’t in their division. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I saw stats the other day that indicated the Pats have the same stats against all nfl teams as they do against teams in their division. I also saw stats to suggest the division against other divisions are highest. In other words, there isn’t a major difference between the AFC and any other division over several years. I wish I could find them or if someone can post it here it would be nice. This is my understanding at least. So I ask, is the AFC really any weaker than the rest of the divisions? If the answer is no, then I assume this means the Pats aren’t just getting to the super bowls due to an unfair advantage of their division being weak. Maybe the rest of the NFL should feel fortunate the Pats aren’t in their division. 

It really doesn't matter. Patriots haters do not deal in facts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmausen said:

Without the Patriots every other team in the division wouldn't start 0-2.

1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Plus there are issues of recruitment, you aren't going to draw players taking team deals to pursue rings, if they have to play the Pats three times a year to make it there.

41 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Plus there are issues of recruitment, you aren't going to draw players taking team deals to pursue rings, if they have to play the Pats three times a year to make it there.

Well we should be in afc west and KC can be in the east. :) Doubt outcome changes much. ✌️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Well we should be in afc west and KC can be in the east. :) Doubt outcome changes much. ✌️

I doubt Peyton would have gone to Denver.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

I doubt Peyton would have gone to Denver.

Peyton was going to play Brady every year regardless of what division he was in, because both their teams won their divisions nearly every season. Scheduling matches up division winners against each other for the 2 in-conference games that aren't against an entire in-conference division.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Peyton was going to play Brady every year regardless of what division he was in, because both their teams won their divisions nearly every season. Scheduling matches up division winners against each other for the 2 in-conference games that aren't against an entire in-conference division.

Theres a difference between most likely playing once a year and a guaranteed two games a year.

20 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Theres a difference between most likely playing once a year and a guaranteed two games a year.

Oh I thought you were talking about that over Peyton going to the AFC South or North. No QB would choose to go to a division with one of the all-time greats already in it though. That is common sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, devaster said:

Oh I thought you were talking about that over Peyton going to the AFC South or North. No QB would choose to go to a division with one of the all-time greats already in it though. That is common sense.

Also, there was a time when Peyton was in our division. Tsk tsk. 😂

Pats giving Edelman a nice extension. Classy as always.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Pats giving Edelman a nice extension. Classy as always.

Classy yes. As always? Hardly. Pats Rarely pay their players. Look at Brady..

Edited by SyNdicateZ

18 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Classy yes. As always? Hardly. Pats Rarely pay their players. Look at Brady..

Brady gets paid in Superbowls. I think he's done ok with 6 Superbowls, 200M in Pat's money and then some loose change in endorsement money.

Brady understands the cap and the meaning of it for the team. That brought him a lot of success, and it's part of his and Bill's genius

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats have a way to pay him that we don't know.