dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Whos the Pats starting QB next year? I say Brady. cant see him in a diff uni. Jordon was weird in a frikkin WIZARDS uni. 

For practical purposes i can see them giving Brady a 3yr contract knowing they will draft a franchise QB in year 2or 3 and see if they can get 1 more title with him.

If mcdaniels leaves I would if I'm the Pats focus on a semi-rebuild where they tweak the defense, rebuild the wr room and bring in a renovation project like mariota or a cheap gunslinger like keenum as they look to draft a QB next year and avoid the when will Brady be replaced by a rookie controversey. 

The fact is you cant rebuild with Brady on the roster he has to retire or go to another team. He wont mentor rookies, he wont lose the job in camp competition and he wont suffer through the losing of a rebuild.

Personally I think Bridgewater is teh right fit for Hoodie because he is an intelligent QB with athleticism but his price in FA will be too high and Sean will probably convince him he is the heir apparent to Brees.

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dashoe said:

For practical purposes i can see them giving Brady a 3yr contract knowing they will draft a franchise QB in year 2or 3 and see if they can get 1 more title with him.

If mcdaniels leaves I would if I'm the Pats focus on a semi-rebuild where they tweak the defense, rebuild the wr room and bring in a renovation project like mariota or a cheap gunslinger like keenum as they look to draft a QB next year and avoid the when will Brady be replaced by a rookie controversey. 

The fact is you cant rebuild with Brady on the roster he has to retire or go to another team. He wont mentor rookies, he wont lose the job in camp competition and he wont suffer through the losing of a rebuild.

Personally I think Bridgewater is teh right fit for Hoodie because he is an intelligent QB with athleticism but his price in FA will be too high and Sean will probably convince him he is the heir apparent to Brees.

The thing about Brady leaving is they will have like 13 Mill in dead cap space. Stidham makes 1 mill. Add Teddy and you are at 30 mill for a QB.

I like Teddy most out of the available QBS though, agreed.

I hope McDaniels leaves. His stubborn, gun-shy playcalling just hasn't been cutting it the last couple seasons.

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

I hope McDaniels leaves. His stubborn, gun-shy playcalling just hasn't been cutting it the last couple seasons.

Agreed.  It sucks winning bowls in 2017 and 2019.  Bum should of called better plays to win in 2018.  Unreal.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sSektor said:

He should be fired for them not scoring on 1st and goal from the 1.

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

He should be fired for them not scoring on 1st and goal from the 1.

I’m just more upset with how he just absolutely refuses to change the offense to involve the rookies. They clearly weren’t going to be good at making the route adjustments so Brady was left with literally just Edelman and White running to the correct spots. Defenses didn’t respect the run game, Harry, Meyers, Dorsett, or the TE this season and that is on McDaniels being too stubborn to dumb things down so they could get involved.

Edited by sSektor

23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I’m just more upset with how he just absolutely refuses to change the offense to involve the rookies. They clearly weren’t going to be good at making the route adjustments so Brady was left with literally just Edelman and White running to the correct spots. Defenses didn’t respect the run game, Harry, Meyers, Dorsett, or the TE this season and that is on McDaniels being too stubborn to dumb things down so they could get involved.

TB wasn't gonna throw to those guys regardless of the game plan.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

TB wasn't gonna throw to those guys regardless of the game plan.

TB always tries to spread the ball around to the open guy especially when Edelman is routinely doubled. Only issue was Harry basically only got the ball on end-arounds lol

44 minutes ago, sSektor said:

TB always tries to spread the ball around to the open guy especially when Edelman is routinely doubled. Only issue was Harry basically only got the ball on end-arounds lol

Nah

He throws to guys he trusts. He was throwing those dudes under the bus all season.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:23 PM, dmb3684 said:

Nah

He throws to guys he trusts. He was throwing those dudes under the bus all season.

Agreed. TB12 has never had much patience with receivers that aren't on the same page or are struggling to pick up an offense predicated on option routes. Especially now that his in his twilight years