Sign in to follow this  
oswald737

Chris Paddack 2019 Outlook

The Train is REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its never been so fun to be a Padre fan, another Rumor coming out of camp is they are trying to decide on Tatis or Urias as the opening day SS

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dr. Strangeglove said:

Any guess to what his innings limit might be?

Under 120

Paddack gets SF at home in SD on Sunday for his first start. All systems go! 

New Team Name:

Paddack-a-Donks

Edited by tucker26

Good stuff.  San Diego is a very fantasy friendly organization with them ignoring service time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I'm not crying, you're crying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrapeJuice said:

I'm not crying, you're crying.

Great stuff. This, combined with the speech the UCF coach gave after the loss to Duke, has made for one inspirational sports day.

11 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

The Train is REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its never been so fun to be a Padre fan, another Rumor coming out of camp is they are trying to decide on Tatis or Urias as the opening day SS

Agreed. Its only going to get better. Paddack is only one of the SPs, and there will be many more coming up. 

I haven't looked forward to a SP like this since Peavy. 

I told a co-worker a few weeks ago that I believed the Padres could be WS contenders in roughly 3 years with their current farm system.  I didn't expect Paddack to make the roster before spring training but it's well deserved.  He has been lights out.  Not a Padres fan, but with the addition of Machado and their farm system it's reminding me a lot of the Astros a year or two before they all blew up.  I think brighter times are ahead and it wouldn't surprise me if they were in a WC race this season if their pitching can hold up.

• Like 1

If Pads are doing good and Paddack is too they may need to give him some time off mid-season in relief or phantom IL stints so he can help in potential playoff run. But this is really far fetched speculation at this point and several low probability things need to happen for this to become a issue. Just saying, might be some mid-season lulls here if everything is going right.

3 hours ago, tucker26 said:

If Pads are doing good and Paddack is too they may need to give him some time off mid-season in relief or phantom IL stints so he can help in potential playoff run. But this is really far fetched speculation at this point and several low probability things need to happen for this to become a issue. Just saying, might be some mid-season lulls here if everything is going right.

In a head to head league this would be preferred. He's definitely not going to get a full workload, we'd rather have him miss some mid season starts than the coveted September starts we need. As for roto, we know he will be limited, it doesn't matter when that happens.

Happy to see him doing so well. He was a couple years ahead of my son in high school. Nice to see someone from where your kids went to school make it. I knew he was good but honestly didn't expect him to be doing this well.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 10:50 AM, The 7th Beatles said:

I read that how Green told him, is when he was walking to the mound he asked Hosmer where he was going to be Sunday. Hosmer said "in the field behind Paddack". Very cool way to get some of the best news of his life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, einstein2u said:

So we starting this kid next week?

I play in a H2H cats league ...hell yeah I'm going to start him.  To be honest I'd throw him out in a roto as well.  It's opening week.  Live it up!  

3 hours ago, einstein2u said:

So we starting this kid next week?

Hell yeah. If you don’t play him against the giants, then who would you play him against?

On 3/27/2019 at 1:52 AM, brooklynfinest42 said:

so pumped!! he threw over 100 ininngs last year.. so between 140-150 innings are possible?

He threw 90 last year, so Id expect 120ish