Sign in to follow this  
oswald737

Chris Paddack 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

“Done goofed”?  That sounds like a stretch.  Many reasons to drop him in many situations. That said, I hope he comes back and pitches well.

 

Why is that a “stretch”? He wasn’t being sent down indefinitely. Just a minor tweaking and he’d be back in the bigs sooner, rather than later.

Edited by The_Real_Deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

 

Why is that a “stretch”? He wasn’t being sent down indefinitely. Just a minor tweaking and he’d be back in the bigs sooner, rather than later.

He had been struggling prior to his demotion.  And doesn’t have many ML innings left  this year.  And the Padres have a ton of alternatives for the rotation.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He had been struggling prior to his demotion.  And doesn’t have many ML innings left  this year.  And the Padres have a ton of alternatives for the rotation.

 

It was never about his performance for the reason for his demotion. It was more so for the fact that he needed to curb his workload. Yes he had a few couple previous rough starts but that was never the reason for being sent down. It had to be obvious that he wouldn’t be in the Single A for more than a few weeks. But anyways, I’m glad I got him where he was dropped 😁

Edited by The_Real_Deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Real_Deal said:

 

It was never about his performance for the reason for his demotion. It was more so for the fact that he needed to curb his workload. Yes he had a few couple previous rough starts but that was never the reason for being sent down. It had to be obvious that he wouldn’t be in the Single A for more than a few weeks. But anyways, I’m glad I got him where he was dropped 😁

The team literally told the media he needs to play every day.  It has nothing to do with curbing workload.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The team literally told the media he needs to play every day.  It has nothing to do with curbing workload.

 

Lol really? Where and when did they say that? You literally contradicted yourself saying he doesn’t have many ML innings left but said the team told the media he needs to play everyday, which a starting pitcher doesn’t do lol

Edited by The_Real_Deal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Real_Deal said:

 

Lol really? Where and when did they say that? You literally contradicted yourself saying he doesn’t have many ML innings left but said the team told the media he needs to play everyday lol

You’re right.  I confused this with the Frazier thread.  My mistake, carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another kind of meh start, the 1 K was pretty sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

 

Desperately needs a third pitch. The book is (somewhat) out on Paddack.

He's tired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

Is this kid pitching this week?

 

In my ESPN league, shows him pitching Tuesday, but that could change with SD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

In my ESPN league, shows him pitching Tuesday, but that could change with SD.

CBS isn't showing anything. But I haven't seen where SD has named a starter for Monday or Tuesday. 

Edited by RBI Sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBI Sports said:

CBS isn't showing anything. But I haven't seen where SD has named a starter for Monday or Tuesday. 

no game monday

prob Paddack Tuesday, cause Lauer is still on bereave

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

no game monday

prob Paddack Tuesday, cause Lauer is still on bereave

 

My bad. It's Tuesday and Wednesday. then Sunday that's showing TBA. It would only allow me to edit the post once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantrax has Allen on Tuesday.  Paddack Wednesday.

Edited by B&F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping he’s on for tomorrow. But now they have a 6 man rotation to save innings for him. 

Edited by RBI Sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 7 innings of no-hit ball before Starlin got him for a solo dong. 😍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many innings do we anticipate he has before the pads shut him down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 11:34 AM, Members_Only_76 said:

Lines up for 2 starts next week?

Maybe next week. He is pitching Wednesday this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

Maybe next week. He is pitching Wednesday this week. 

Mlb.com shows him going Thursday @San Fran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.