Sign in to follow this  
oswald737

Chris Paddack 2019 Outlook

i would rather him not pitch again at all so my hand isn't forced into starting him.

he's been mediocre to bad for awhile

Just now, crotchcrickets said:

i would rather him not pitch again at all so my hand isn't forced into starting him.

he's been mediocre to bad for awhile

I also wouldn't mind him being shut down.  Can't even say he's wasting a roster spot since I haven't been starting him lately. 

On 8/26/2019 at 6:22 AM, RTW10 said:

Mlb.com shows him going Thursday @San Fran

Either way, only one start this week. 

This guy is proof as to why you should never making any decisions based on just assuming an innings limit.  Teams manage these guys better so they don't just finish in August like with Strasburg that one year.

Very few players throw 200 ip anymore anyway. 

• Like 2

135 2/3 innings, 3.38 ERA, 1.00 WHIP.

Only Jose Fernandez & Walker Buehler have have had equal or better numbers in those 3 categories in their rookie season since 1986.

• Like 2

Last 4 GS 23.1 IP, 32:4 K:BB ratio and 2 total ER as a nice way to round out his season.  Obviously cherry picking here but this was after one of his worst starts where he gave up 6 ER in 2.1 and there was talk of him fatigued and just about ready to be shut down. Season total line is 140.2 IP, 153K to just 31 walks, 3.33 ERA and 0.98 WHIP! I don't think there's much to dislike here.  Let's hope that CB takes a step forward next season and helps complement his FB/CH with a step forward in command. 

Took him with pick #249 in my 16-team keeper this year after his dominant ST.  He's got a fire in his belly.  Held him all season and couldn't be happier with his performance down the stretch and I am glad I got a solid start out of him during my championship week.  5:1 K:BB and a sub-1 WHIP on the season speak to his ability to get ahead in counts and finish hitters off.

Do we suspect that Yahoo will shift him to NA?  I obviously plan to hold him in my keeper league, but it will be a harsh final week if I'm one pitcher down in the League Championship. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatest42 said:

Do we suspect that Yahoo will shift him to NA?  I obviously plan to hold him in my keeper league, but it will be a harsh final week if I'm one pitcher down in the League Championship. 

Doubtful. It’s not up the yahoo. The padres would have to deactivate him