Sign in to follow this  
RotoMike95

Trade Verlander?

In a 5x5 Roto league, I was offered:

give: Verlander

get: Mccutchen, Corbin

This is a keeper league where I already have deGrom, so I’m not totally against downgrading my second pitcher. Do I counter with this:

give: JV

get: Rendon, Corbin

Would he go for this, and do I consider his offer? WHIR

I probably wouldn’t do the original trade. Cutch just doesn’t excite me. If you could get Rendon/Corbin for JV I’d definitely consider that depending on the rest of your lineup. On my phone so can’t see if you have it in a Sig.

I like McCutchen, but more as a value pick up since his OBP still plays and the Phillies lineup should be top, so he'll bring more runs than normal and his power might play better in a small park like Philly.  This is a bad trade.  I think if you can get Rendon and Corbin, then you are winning big time.  I doubt he is going to make that move though.

Id agree that you should counter with Rendon and Corbin, otherwise I'd hold off. McCutchen is a good value this year but you arent quite getting equal value in return.

Does he have a better SP than Corbin? I'd rather try and get McCutchen and a Nola/Bauer/Syndergaard type for Verlander.  I would stand pat otherwise.

22 minutes ago, RotoMike95 said:

Bump..would do the original trade of JV for Cutch and Corbin now? 

Nope keep verlander