The 7th Beatles

Pete Alonso 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

.240 AVG 30 HR 95 RBI 70 Runs seems fair in my opinion and I'll say a .330-.350 OBP

Edited by Robby Keane

14 minutes ago, Robby Keane said:

.240 AVG 30 HR 95 RBI 70 Runs seems fair in my opinion and I'll say a .330-.350 OBP

Are these numbers best case scenario? Seem a little strong in the RBI and runs total. 

What position is he gonna play if cano is manning 1st?

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Cano is playing 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Cano isn’t going to play 1B. Sharing time with Dominic Smith could be an issue though.

I love Alonso's longterm picture, and if he struggles out of the gate, I'm going to be trying to trade for him in both keeper leagues. 

54 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Cano isn’t going to play 1B. Sharing time with Dominic Smith could be an issue though.

Not for long.  I saw this guy in ST against the Sox.  He looked like a Beast among Dwarfs.  This guy has the "it" factor.

26 minutes ago, hard1 said:

He'll hit north of .265

Eventually 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I love Alonso's longterm picture, and if he struggles out of the gate, I'm going to be trying to trade for him in both keeper leagues. 

That, and also the fact that it makes little sense for him to be anything but the everyday 1B.  No reason to give up a year of service just to say he's on the roster.

• Like 1

Callaway just said he’s starting tomorrow and probably batting third on francesa’s show. As a Mets fan I’m pumped but still not starting him this first series, tough matchup 

Bold prediction:  Goes 1 for 3 with a homer and 2rbis against Max tomorrow!!  Mets fans go nuts and win a tightly contested 3-2 battle with their new closer, Edwin Diaz, shutting it down for his first save. 

5 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I’m so tired of hearing these teams say “we’re committed to putting the best 25 out there.” If that was the case you would’ve done this with your prospects in the past (Syndergaard, wheeler, Matz, Rosario, etc.) but they’re just trying to gain more fan love without sacrificing anything. The real reason is they know the next CBA is going to happen before the service time repercussions will occur. They’re going to get all this super 2 and service time stuff taken care of where holding back prospects today won’t matter.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

I’m so tired of hearing these teams say “we’re committed to putting the best 25 out there.” If that was the case you would’ve done this with your prospects in the past (Syndergaard, wheeler, Matz, Rosario, etc.) but they’re just trying to gain more fan love without sacrificing anything. The real reason is they know the next CBA is going to happen before the service time repercussions will occur. They’re going to get all this super 2 and service time stuff taken care of where holding back prospects today won’t matter.

What's important is that they are keeping their word isn't it? Even with all your speculation, other teams are still holding back the likes of Vlad, Whitley, Bichette even though they're clearly a top 25 talent in their teams.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

What's important is that they are keeping their word isn't it? Even with all your speculation, other teams are still holding back the likes of Vlad, Whitley, Bichette even though they're clearly a top 25 talent in their teams.

Ehh...I don’t think any of those three guys are currently ready to come up tomorrow and contribute meaningfully to their respective teams.

4 minutes ago, Maitiu said:

Still not available in my yahoo league :(

What do you mean "not available"? He's in the player pool

image.png.f6199361ad04dc9b1aac3ecb729dec37.png

11 minutes ago, WatchMeWHIP said:

What do you mean "not available"? He's in the player pool

image.png.f6199361ad04dc9b1aac3ecb729dec37.png

Lol what does that NA stand for?

“Now available”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Lol what does that NA stand for?

Players currently in the minor leagues or suspended are designated as "NA" status on Yahoo. I wouldn't be distracted by that. He will lose the NA designation tomorrow and is available to be added in Yahoo leagues today. In fact, he's been in the player pool since at least 2018. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Ehh...I don’t think any of those three guys are currently ready to come up tomorrow and contribute meaningfully to their respective teams.

Sure but I don’t buy for a second that, if healthy, Vlad would be stil in AAa to start the year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Callaway just said he’s starting tomorrow and probably batting third on francesa’s show. As a Mets fan I’m pumped but still not starting him this first series, tough matchup 

Not criticizing as I believe that's fair, but I am using him tomorrow.  There will be a lot of hitters tomorrow with a horrible matchup, but we aren't benching a ton of our guys.

1 hour ago, Wytchclt55 said:

To be fair, the Mets have a new GM.  I'd be shocked if Alonso was up now if that wasn't the case.