The 7th Beatles

Pete Alonso 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

7 minutes ago, meh2 said:

How many homers does he have to hit to go over the 40+?

Gotta be 41+ or more

Edited by WatchMeWHIP
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, meh2 said:

How many homers does he have to hit to go over the 40+?

33 more ROS

2 hours ago, Yanks#1 said:

ESPN writes a story on him to promote Wednesday night baseball and they hold him out of the lineup 

I bet ESPN was thrilled about that... lol

As for fantasy, the rare time they do give Alonso a day off, I usually just pick up Dominic Smith and slide him in there.  Could be considered CSB, but it's actually a suggestion for others to do since it seems like he's figured it out this season even in limited time.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He will finish with ~35 homers.

Seems reasonable to me, and obviously puts him right in line for the NL ROY Award and easily surpassing his draft value.

It's pretty cool how we've all just come to accept that he's one of the top slugging 1B in the league now. Another big night from him and it's as quiet as any other stud's thread 😎

• Like 3

This kid is going to be around this league for a long, long time.

Let's enjoy the ride, my fellow dynasty owners.

• Like 2

I second what both people said above me, and here's Pete winning yet another game for the Mets with a HR...

Pete Alonso, First of His Name, Destroyer of Bullpens.

...not so much against starting pitching, though 

🤣what's the story behind that bat flip (TOSS) last night? wow

• Thanks 1

They called me crazy when I traded Kluber for the Queens Clubber in the beginning of the season...I laugh I laugh I laugh...

.278- 38 HR- 100 McRibs out of the question?

3 minutes ago, dfstout said:

They called me crazy when I traded Kluber for the Queens Clubber in the beginning of the season...I laugh I laugh I laugh...

.278- 38 HR- 100 McRibs out of the question?

Not at all.  It's not like it was just a really good couple of weeks.  He's continued to produce all season.  Obviously he's slowed down since the beginning, but obviously there's still big games mixed in.

7 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

That's a good question.  It almost looked like he tossed it higher than he expected since he actually looked back after tossing it.  The bat boy was over there somewhere.

9 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Not at all.  It's not like it was just a really good couple of weeks.  He's continued to produce all season.  Obviously he's slowed down since the beginning, but obviously there's still big games mixed in.

That's a good question.  It almost looked like he tossed it higher than he expected since he actually looked back after tossing it.  The bat boy was over there somewhere.

Thanks for the response

and yea, Big Pete's a lil goofy so he probably didn't mean it...just a big kid hittin big shots...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritzLn said:

This is why, Chris Paddack challenging Pete Alonso after Pete won the NL Rookie of the Month over Chris:

“He’s a great player, no doubt,” Paddack said of Alonso. “Does he deserve (the Rookie of the Month honor)? Absolutely. But I’m coming for him. We’ll see Monday who the top dog is. That’s something I’m looking forward to, for sure.

“And I’m not saying that in a cocky way. I’m saying that because I know what I want, just like I’m sure he knows what he wants. It’ll be a fun little matchup.”

https://deadspin.com/chris-paddack-wasted-no-time-in-starting-his-first-big-1834579711

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/1126013531885690880

Edited by Gryfter
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

This is why, Chris Paddack challenging Pete Alonso after Pete won the NL Rookie of the Month over Chris:

“He’s a great player, no doubt,” Paddack said of Alonso. “Does he deserve (the Rookie of the Month honor)? Absolutely. But I’m coming for him. We’ll see Monday who the top dog is. That’s something I’m looking forward to, for sure.

“And I’m not saying that in a cocky way. I’m saying that because I know what I want, just like I’m sure he knows what he wants. It’ll be a fun little matchup.”

https://deadspin.com/chris-paddack-wasted-no-time-in-starting-his-first-big-1834579711

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/1126013531885690880

That is what I assumed it was for, his response to why he was Rookie of the Month. Paddack still go the best of him the night before.

I just want to stop in and say I’m jealous of all you guys. Pete alonso is the destroyer of all pitchers who oppose him. I wish I had him. 

• Like 2

I was the first waiver transaction of the year for our league, post draft. Took a flier on this king, Pistol Pete. Glad he and I could become friends. I'd take a .340OBP 27 and 85, but i think .360 35 and 95-100 is very fair at this point. Curious what you guys think about him compared to Voit ROS. Voit has held himself up with zero protection behind him. They on the same level to you guys or is Pete the one we take here? Not trying to veer our savior's thread to Voit, just curious. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, Motown_Magic said:

I was the first waiver transaction of the year for our league, post draft. Took a flier on this king, Pistol Pete. Glad he and I could become friends. I'd take a .340OBP 27 and 85, but i think .360 35 and 95-100 is very fair at this point. Curious what you guys think about him compared to Voit ROS. Voit has held himself up with zero protection behind him. They on the same level to you guys or is Pete the one we take here? Not trying to veer our savior's thread to Voit, just curious. 

I would take Alonso over Voit. Alonso is looking like the front runner for ROY. he is performing (as of now) ahead of Robles, Jiminez, Vlad, ect.

I think I would put Paddack over Alonso for NLROY. Tatis, Senzel and Robles makes this a historic year for NL rookies. Hiura should/might be coming up soon to add to it.

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

The way is season is going, where do you think he tiers from here on out?

abreu level?, above?, below?

This has got to be the most creative way possible to ask “Alonso or Abreu” 😂

22 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This has got to be the most creative way possible to ask “Alonso or Abreu” 😂

Lol..just considered Jose as a tier 2 guy personally

cody, goldy, freeman

hoskins, abreu, rizzo

Gallo, Voit, murphy

He hasn't hit much for AVG last 30 days or so. I see he was around a .280 hitter in minors, of course being his rookie season it will be a game of adjustments. 

You guys think he'll hit over or under say .260 this year ?

Haven't really seen him play yet, just highlights. Not sure what his playe discipline has been like, or if some peripherals are a little out of line that might positively regress.

1 hour ago, tonywow said:

He hasn't hit much for AVG last 30 days or so. I see he was around a .280 hitter in minors, of course being his rookie season it will be a game of adjustments. 

Haven't really seen him play yet, just highlights. Not sure what his playe discipline has been like, or if some peripherals are a little out of line that might positively regress.

I've watched him play a decent amount. Seems to have pretty good plate discipline for a rookie. From what I've seen, he's patient early in counts. Plus, based purely on how he murders the ball when he barrels up or how he can simply flick a ball over the fence at times, his slumps won't be entirely fruitless.

I do wonder how much his move in the order has affected how pitchers throw to him. He spent a heavy portion of the season in the 2-slot before being shifted back to clean up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonywow said:

I'm going to call for him to hit over .260.  He was bound to slow down eventually after the great start he had, but he's still remained pretty productive even with the batting average dropping into the .260s.

2 more dingers last night.  His average probably won't go up much, if at all, from the .266 he's currently at, but he's racking up HRs RBI and Rs.  Hasn't walked much lately but can't complain about that as long as his OPS is in the mid .900s.