Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

DaeSean Hamilton 2019 Outlook

I own him in dynasty and I like his upside, but with such a small sample size, and the Flacco signing not exciting anyone, I can't find any kind of value in return for him via trade. 

I think he could lead Denver in targets from the slot position with Flacco under center. As of yet, no real challenge from the TE position, offensive line needs on the interior and at Tackle forcing quick underneath throws to the slot and RBs, and Hamilton out dueled Sutton and Patrick last season. *I don't see Sanders returning  to Denver, and even does return to the field (anywhere), he may not be a full strength until next December.

[Thread title corrected.  Please make an effort to spell player names correctly so their thread is added to the player index.]

• Thanks 1

Did he outduel Patrick? I didn't watch many Broncos games, but they had similar stat lines and Patrick was startable for me in PPR at the end of the season.

I have all 3 denver wrs (sutton, hamilton, patrick) on my dynasty team. I don't think it's a bad strategy to hold onto them and see what happens in the season. Flacco may not be the most exciting qb but it's better than keenum and no1 really throws the ball more than him historically. I'm just hoping they don't all turn out to be low wr3's.

• Like 1

Starting to warm up on this guy a bit.  I liked the RW article on the Broncos today calling out his slot usage.   I'm not sure how low i can get him but I like him as a low cost guy in PPR who's a decent shot at leading them in catches.   

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

I'm not sure how low i can get him but I like him as a low cost guy in PPR who's a decent shot at leading them in catches.   

FYI a week or so ago, I traded away Hamilton for a Rookie 3:12 draft pick. *just trying to give a snap shot of an owner's willingness to move Hamilton at a low cost, which BTW isn't an indictment vs Hamilton...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Starting to warm up on this guy a bit. 

Me too. Not convinced about Sutton at all. Definitely on my $1 flyer list. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

FYI a week or so ago, I traded away Hamilton for a Rookie 3:12 draft pick. *just trying to give a snap shot of an owner's willingness to move Hamilton at a low cost, which BTW isn't an indictment vs Hamilton...

You made the right move. Rotoworld wrote an article that's pro DaeSean and now people think he's something he's not. 

Rotoworld could write about anyone and people would go bonkers. 

JAG IMO

On 6/28/2019 at 8:30 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You made the right move. Rotoworld wrote an article that's pro DaeSean and now people think he's something he's not. 

JAG IMO

ok, i agree about the JAG insight,

but talent aside,

if you really put your mind into daesean hamilton---read all of the positive reviews and only the positive projections----and really focus and focus hard and use the force, can't you make daesean hamilton into daesean happening?

34234.gif

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:30 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

JAG IMO

Daesean Hamilton was the best route runner in the 2018 draft class. He'll never be a Calvin Johnson or DeAndre Hopkins, but he could be a Robert Woods type in a good offense. Look no further than AB and Keenan Allen for superstars in his mold. 

25 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Daesean Hamilton was the best route runner in the 2018 draft class. He'll never be a Calvin Johnson or DeAndre Hopkins, but he could be a Robert Woods type in a good offense. Look no further than AB and Keenan Allen for superstars in his mold. 

Reaching there. But we'll see I suppose. I'm still all in on Sutton at his cost 

8 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Reaching there. But we'll see I suppose. I'm still all in on Sutton at his cost 

I didn't watch that close, but didn't Hamilton look better than Sutton last year?

20 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

I didn't watch that close, but didn't Hamilton look better than Sutton last year?

Last 4 weeks of the season, after Sanders went down. 

Hamilton : 25 catches, 182 yards, 2 TDs

Sutton: 14 catches, 146 yards, 1 TD

So the answer is yes, and by quite a bit. 

On 4/1/2019 at 10:42 AM, hoppychokes said:

Did he outduel Patrick? I didn't watch many Broncos games, but they had similar stat lines and Patrick was startable for me in PPR at the end of the season.

More a case of Sutton being thrust into the 1 or “X” role when DT was dealt and Sanders tore his ACL.    Hamilton and Patrick stayed in their familiar positions and took advantage of minimal coverage + Case’s propensity for panicked short passes.   It was ugly down the stretch.  

Sutton is by far the more talented and higher ceiling option going forward.    Big plans for this kid.  And the price can’t be beat currently.  

Daesean is a JAG-  more useful IRL than as a fantasy starter.    He’ll play the middle and compete for targets with their featured running backs,  Fant, and Sanders upon his return.     I’d rather take a stab on Patrick personally-  but both are well behind Sutton.  

• Thanks 1

That's a good case for Sutton, but atm I disagree. I think it's a coin flip who ends up better this year. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

I watched.  He had better stats.  The whole offense looked bad though.  

I remember a lot of those games they were down multiple scores toward the end of games.  I remember defenses playing prevent and keying in on Sutton and whoever else would run downfield to catch the home run passes that weren't even thrown that close.

Hamilton did his job, he didn't drop free passes.  He ate up free 7 yard receptions and was tackled in the middle of the field to run the clock out just like the defense wanted.  

I saw Theo Riddick out there playing WR.  JAG. 

Lot of people analyze box scores and get trapped and wonder what happened, but there's a human and strategic element that goes beyond targets and Yards per reception and wins above replacement or whatever else you use.  

Someone here said they don't think Flacco can throw anything down field anymore (I don't agree).  If you think that the Broncos gonna be down multiple scores and Flacco can't throw downfield anymore than Hamilton should be a guy you look at.  I don't think that's how it's going to happen though, and I'm gonna side with talent over the JAG.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Last 4 weeks of the season, after Sanders went down. 

Hamilton : 25 catches, 182 yards, 2 TDs

Sutton: 14 catches, 146 yards, 1 TD

So the answer is yes, and by quite a bit. 

You watch the games or the box score the next day?

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You watch the games or the box score the next day?

I have a three monitor set up for Sundays. One screen for the Bears game, one for Red zone, and one that bounces around, so I see a lot of football, haha. 

I don't think either Sutton or Hamilton are necessarily star players, but I think Hamilton can be a big time volume guy. For their prices, I'd much rather pay for Daesean. With Sutton, you have to hope for a ton of TDs, and that's just impossible to predict. 

Edited by ajs723

I think Hamilton is a solid but unspectacular PPR play depending on the availability of Sanders. If Sanders starts week 1 (my expectation) I don’t think Hamilton will be involved much. There will be a lot of competition in targets not only from the other WRs but also from the RBs and TEs on a team poised to lean on the run. Last season Hamilton benefitted greatly from Keenum’s short passes while Sutton suffered from the lack of a real deep passing game. Flacco’s style is a much better fit for a type like Sutton IMO. So the situation for Hamilton is not great although Sanders availability could change that.

From a talent perspective I don’t think he is a JAG but he is not AB either. He runs very good routes, gets open at will, has some physicality to his game so he can work on the outside as well catching contested passes deep but wasn’t used like that last season. He is not dynamic after the catch so he gets what’s thrown at him and nothing more. He played injured last season though so maybe there’s more to him. He seems to be a great kid with a great work ethic so he does have some upside to improve on his weaknesses.

I would expect a high floor low ceiling kind of play. Lots of 7 for 50 type of games.

• Like 1

Agree. Also I think people are giving Sanders up for dead too quickly due to age and injury (reasonable but I disagree).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-emmanuel-sanders-says-a-week-1-return-feels-realistic-despite-tearing-achilles-in-december/amp/

week 1 may or may not be realistic...but it sounds that we see Emmanuel earlier than later.    Sutton/ Patrick will likely be the outside mainstays and Sanders/Daesean in the slot.  

Edited by Impreza178

25 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

lets talk about this guy, does he have any talent? behind Sutton, the Col. is sent to SF.  Can Flacco make him usable?

Playerprofiler compares him to Cotchery...

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/daesean-hamilton/

Don't think it'll happen with Flacco. He's just too pitiful at this point. But, when they inevitably go to Lock, Hamilton might immediately become interesting. His numbers sans Sanders were really good last year. 

Also, he's an elite route running slot guy. Reminded me of Kupp a little bit coming out. Just not quite as physical. 

Edited by ajs723