Sign in to follow this  
tm30

Revised Top 10 Prospects

19 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

also of note: here is a fantasy focused top 100 prospect ranking by one of the writers at fangraphs. no idea who shelly verougstraete is tho..

https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/the-stash-list-my-top-100-prospects/

It's actually a pretty decent read, esp if you consider her access to the industry and reasoning behind placements (more fantasy and bat driven)

Highlights for me were:

Andrew Vaughn at 8

Luciano and Julio Rod at 16 and 17

Hoerner at 22

Trent Grisham at 72

Head scratches:

Brennan Davis at 25?

Kirilloff at 26...she explains in comments about move to 1B hurting, but did not seem to apply to Vaughn?

Solak above Isan-- 78/81, obv picking nits with only a few spots but I don't get it

Baz (82) above Howard/Balazovic/Liberatore...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnR said:

quick glance:  Adley too high, i think.. Gilbert, Deivi and Luciano too low. And where is Valera?  Huge overlook there

Valera is missing. Edward Cabrera is missing. Valera is 5th or 7th or something on their Cleveland list. 

I know that he doesn't have the highest of ceilings, but Tyler Freeman not being top 100 when he's a 20 year in A+ with a chance to stick at SS, a 144 wRC+ and 8.6K% is just weird to me. Also putting Witt in the top 10 I just don't agree with at all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fangraphs made a final adjustment to their top 100:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/one-last-top-100-prospects-shuffle/

Marco Luciano inside the top 40 now at 38, and Valera and J-Rod inside the top 50.

All the regular suspects move up. Interesting is the addition of Liover Peguero to the 45+ tier just outside the top 100. Another name there I didn’t recognize is Tucupita Marcano, yet another SS in the Padres’ system. 

Edited by 12to6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 12to6 said:

Marco Luciano inside the top 40 now at 38, and Valera and J-Rod inside the top 50.

All the regular suspects move up. Interesting is the addition of Liover Peguero to the 45+ tier just outside the top 100. Another name there I didn’t recognize is Tucupita Marcano, yet another SS in the Padres’ system. 

Some guy in the comments is pissed that Lou Bob is at 20, super pissed.

18 hours ago, Gobux1970 said:

Some guy in the comments is pissed that Lou Bob is at 20, super pissed.

Ya and I think he's 100% correct on this.   His pointing out the power grade in comparison to Madrigal is especially on point.    Fangraphs are certainly not immune to stubbornness and l think is exactly the case for it.  I recall how they refused to budge an inch on Yordan Alvarez and we all see how that looks now...

• Like 4

There's a number of things I disagree with but most glaringly is the lack of love for Dylan Carlson. All he has done is rake this year across AA and AAA as a 20 year old yet he sits at 42 behind guys like Jazz Chisholm who have struggled in comparison at the same level while being slightly older. No idea how he's still a 50 grade for FG at this point.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 5:17 PM, 12to6 said:

Why hasn't tarek skubal cracked the top 100 yet?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

MLB released their end of season top 100, with a nifty write-up showing notable movers (both up and down) with short blurbs:

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-100-prospects-lists-updated

I circlejerk the Astros all the time, but as Dodgers fan, having both prospects in the puig/wood trade being big movers in the top 100 (Gray/Downs) feels great. Dodgers gave up Puig in his walk year and injured Alex Wood for two pretty valuable prospects, and being first place by so much made getting rid of Puig pretty justifiable. What a wreck for the Reds on that deal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

These Razball lists are wild. I dont hate it either because it brings to light some players who aren't like on any top 100s like Connor Wong, but still nutty.

I own Connor Wong in a league, very aware of him. Have been for a while, but ranking him 52 ahead of Joey Bart seems pretty nutty.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

These Razball lists are wild. I dont hate it either because it brings to light some players who aren't like on any top 100s like Connor Wong, but still nutty.

I own Connor Wong in a league, very aware of him. Have been for a while, but ranking him 52 ahead of Joey Bart seems pretty nutty.

I wonder if some lists may push Bart down a little due to the position. I’m probably guilty of it myself just based on the higher risk for injury.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Gobux1970 said:

I wonder if some lists may push Bart down a little due to the position. I’m probably guilty of it myself just based on the higher risk for injury.

Connor Wong is also a catcher.

Edited by brockpapersizer

9 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Connor Wong is also a catcher.

Mea culpa, but I also don’t own Connor Wong anywhere. 

I’ve probably just been burned by catchers too many times over the years. Could be shortsighted of me but I just don’t track catchers like I do other positions.

21 minutes ago, Gobux1970 said:

Mea culpa, but I also don’t own Connor Wong anywhere. 

I’ve probably just been burned by catchers too many times over the years. Could be shortsighted of me but I just don’t track catchers like I do other positions.

In 1 catcher leagues they really dont matter too much in Dynasty.

• Like 1

The Razzball list seems a little too focused on recent results and shiny new things.

Taylor Trammell not in the top 75 is definitely surprising. He'd been in their top 15 for a while heading into this season. I know he had a bad year, but that's a hell of a drop.

Some of the younger/lesser-known guys they're really pushing are going to struggle at some point just like Trammell. Will they tumble 60+ spots too? That's why most rankings are more cautious about low-minors performances.