smeeze

Frankie Montas 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I'm a believer.  He didn't look as though he lost anything from his May/June form so a mid 3's ERA, better than league average WHIP and ~9K/IP seems attainable.  The OAK defense will continue helping to prop up their young staff as they have in 2019, and we all know the Coliseum is a major boon for pitchers. 

Regardless of what the A's accomplish in this year's PO, I will be looking forward to a full season (hopefully) next year with Manaea, Montas, Fiers, Luzardo and whoever ends up as the #5 (many candidates).  All of their young core is returning.  With a reinforced BP and assuming good health they will have a shot at challenging HOU for the AL West crown imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80version said:

I'm a believer.  He didn't look as though he lost anything from his May/June form so a mid 3's ERA, better than league average WHIP and ~9K/IP seems attainable.  The OAK defense will continue helping to prop up their young staff as they have in 2019, and we all know the Coliseum is a major boon for pitchers. 

Regardless of what the A's accomplish in this year's PO, I will be looking forward to a full season (hopefully) next year with Manaea, Montas, Fiers, Luzardo and whoever ends up as the #5 (many candidates).  All of their young core is returning.  With a reinforced BP and assuming good health they will have a shot at challenging HOU for the AL West crown imo. 

As well as a krush davis bounce back