Sign in to follow this  
dchamps

Jose Ramirez offered to me! Please help - WHIR

10-team H2H most categories

So the Jose Ramirez owner must be overreacting early on, as he just offered me: 

His Jose Ramirez and Brandon Nimmo

for

My Justin Verlander and Tommy Pham

Do I do this deal? I know I would be getting consensus 3rd overall pick but I don’t need Nimmo at all and losing Verlander would realllly hurt my staff big time. IMO my offense is also really good. I’m not sure, help!

C Sanchez

1B Voit

2B Merrifield

3B Shaw

SS Hampson :(

INF Odor

INF Devers

OF JD Martinez

OF Judge

OF Hoskins

OF Dahl

OF Pham

UTIL Robles

B Jimenez

SP - Verlander, Flaherty, Morton, Darvish, Ryu, Bieber, Strahm

RP - Will Smith, Barnes, Strickland, Strop

Which SP are WW? If decent options, I would consider it. Could possibly then trade Nimmo & a SP/RP for a better SP, if a team need an OF/P. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Ramirez is great but I think you need to consider your needs.  Why not go for Baez straight up?  You get a potential MVP, you fill your SS need, and you keep Pham.  You need to address your hole at SS.  It's a whopper.  I never bought into the Hampson hype and you are losing cats every day at SS.

• Like 2

I’d pass given your pitching staff. Your offense is probably already the top offense in your league. Trading Verlander would likely make your pitching staff one of the worst.

• Like 1

Take out Pham keep him, move JV/Flahtery for JoRam/Nimmo 

I agree with the above poster on trading for a shortstop. Ramirez is great and will definitely have a solid season (regardless of the start) but SS is a position where you NEED someone ELITE. Baez is an option but so are many others. I would flip your outfield strength for a SS. This will be less of a cost on your rotation as well.