Sign in to follow this  
elrey

Eric Thames 2019 Outlook

Why does DraftKings love Eric Thames so much? He's always one of the most expensive 1Bs even though he barely plays and is useless unless he hits a HR.

Edited by elrey

44 minutes ago, elrey said:

Why does DraftKings love Eric Thames so much? He's always one of the most expensive 1Bs even though he barely plays and is useless unless he hits a HR.

They juice the price due to the ballpark.

57 minutes ago, elrey said:

Cause barely plays doesn't matter in DFS, because the days he does play he's an elite power option who adds walks. For season long players he is a fringe player.

The days of Zues appear to be coming to an end and my initial thought was that Thames would likely be taking over the strong side of the platoon making him a solid pickup in daily leagues. Then I looked at Aguilar's splits....if the overall numbers aren't bad enough, his splits v LHP are a horrific .050/.174/.050 in a SSS of 25 PAs. Think there has to be a pretty good chance that Thames takes over in a full time capacity. 

They already know what Thames can do playing everyday, not much goes into long slumps. I think Aguilar has along leash, they could also move Shaw to 1b, Moose to 3rdand call up Hiura

• Like 1

He'll always be tempting to anyone who had him on their roster during that ridiculous stretch in early 2017.   I know I'll at least keep him on my watch list.

• Like 1

I've felt all season he is more of a handcuff for Aguilar owners. I just freed myself from that beast, so I don't know how long I hold onto a guy like Thames. The k/bb is just putrid.

Still, uncanny ability to hit 3run HRs this year.

Edited by nlm

5 hours ago, street sharks said:

It's time to pick him up boys

Will playing time be an issue?

Started 8 of the last 10 games, hitting .310-6-3-6-0 in 29 ABs. Anything to see here going forward?

In a good lineup. He's probably more valuable in OBP>AVG leagues. He's a nice add in deeper leagues or leagues with more than 3OF slots.

He will likely play everyday vs. RHP. But to my knowledge, he hasn't had one single start vs. a LHP this season. That's where the platoon kicks in. Daily lineup leagues are a lot better for him.

Edited by nlm

Anyone looking at this guy? Gray from Razzball keeps touting him and his second half value.

From 7/3: "1-for-3 and his 13th homer, and his 3rd homer in four games.  I keep saying hot schmotato and grab him, but I’m not sensing the urgency. He can be a top 50 bat in the 2nd half"

From 7/1: "1-for-2, and his 12th homer. This was a pinch-hit homer, and I usually don’t point those out, but he homered on Saturday, and, if he gets hot, he could be a top 50 player in the 2nd half. Not saying he will, but the opportunity is there"

Also, does he ever start against lefties? Anyone aware of potential changes to the Brewers lineup that might get him more consistent PT?

9 minutes ago, WatchMeWHIP said:

Also, does he ever start against lefties?

He has 21 AB against lefties this year. 

7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He has 21 AB against lefties this year. 

The question, in context, was about the structure of the Brewers lineup and if he might get more ABs against lefties going forward. Appreciate the stat though!

7 minutes ago, WatchMeWHIP said:

The question, in context, was about the structure of the Brewers lineup and if he might get more ABs against lefties going forward. Appreciate the stat though!

You asked a question, so I gave you his total ABs for this year. The underlying message is:  he doesn’t start much against lefties. Then you asked if anyone was aware of potential changes to the Brewers lineup. Since I am not, I didn’t answer that question. I’m doubtful that anyone knows if there is going to be a change, allowing Thames to start games against lefties. We’ll just all have to wait and hope.