Sign in to follow this  
Wytchclt55

Clint Frazier 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Someone can DH (Stanton) it's not like Bird is locked in there...and Gardy might be best deployed as a 2-3 day a week starter too?? I think he could force his way in?

He's got a month long audition to force his way in. Based on the talent, if he continutes to play well, the yanks will find a spot for him

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 5:03 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

He's got a month long audition to force his way in. Based on the talent, if he continutes to play well, the yanks will find a spot for him

Yeah I agree but some of the money being spent on him is almost like the owners are anticipating 500 AB's ROS to go along with 25/15

Must own but temper I think

He's a horrendous outfielder. Its unreal how bad he is.  People talk like Stanton comes back and should DH, Stanton is a better fielder.  Though I do prefer Stanton at DH to keep him healthy.  Hicks and Stanton are both still weeks away so we'll see what happens by then.  Until then he'll be playing regularly.

3 hours ago, MrBrown said:

He's a horrendous outfielder. Its unreal how bad he is.  People talk like Stanton comes back and should DH, Stanton is a better fielder.  Though I do prefer Stanton at DH to keep him healthy.  Hicks and Stanton are both still weeks away so we'll see what happens by then.  Until then he'll be playing regularly.

He has graded pretty high as an outfielder. What's been the problem?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikewastaken said:

He has graded pretty high as an outfielder. What's been the problem?

Where has he graded high as an outfielder what are you using?   He takes terrible routes, bad reads, doesn't make plays that should be made.  He also doesn't have a good (accurate) arm.  He doesn't really do anything well in the OF.

16 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Where has he graded high as an outfielder what are you using?   He takes terrible routes, bad reads, doesn't make plays that should be made.  He also doesn't have a good (accurate) arm.  He doesn't really do anything well in the OF.

https://yanksgoyard.com/2018/05/13/yankees-frazier-supplant-hicks/amp/

While he may not cover as much ground as say, Dustin Fowler, whom the Yanks traded to Oakland in the Sonny gray deal, Frazier’s ability to read a ball off the bat and excellent throwing arm certainly make up for it. According to Fangraphs, Frazier’s defensive grades are as so:

• Speed: 50/50
  • Field: 45/50
  • Throws: 60/60
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mikewastaken said:

https://yanksgoyard.com/2018/05/13/yankees-frazier-supplant-hicks/amp/

While he may not cover as much ground as say, Dustin Fowler, whom the Yanks traded to Oakland in the Sonny gray deal, Frazier’s ability to read a ball off the bat and excellent throwing arm certainly make up for it. According to Fangraphs, Frazier’s defensive grades are as so:

• Speed: 50/50
  • Field: 45/50
  • Throws: 60/60

Looking at Fangraphs, nearly every defensive rating on him is negative.  I have no idea who came up with that "prospect report" on Frazier.

1 minute ago, MrBrown said:

Looking at Fangraphs, nearly every defensive rating on him is negative.  I have no idea who came up with that "prospect report" on Frazier.

Innnnteresting.

8 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Shocking to consider, but maybe Frazier will improve? I read some things about him in Spring Training where he wanted to build his defensive game. He surely has the athleticism to be a good one. 

Edited by kwolf68

35 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Shocking to consider, but maybe Frazier will improve? I read some things about him in Spring Training where he wanted to build his defensive game. He surely has the athleticism to be a good one. 

Uh, maybe?  He really needs to.

Have not followed the sit much because I hate NYY but what is the deal here?

last I checked Frazier was an over hyped prospect that looked to be settling in as a quad A player. Has he changed that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, CraftyRighty said:

last I checked Frazier was an over hyped prospect that looked to be settling in as a quad A player. Has he changed that?

nah same player just doing in in the bigs now until the bombers get healthy

I fell off my chair seeing some of the $ dropped on the the Ginger pinstriper

• Haha 1

hes hitting 350 with 4 homers and 12 rbis.  not sure how thats overrated.  when hicks and stanton come back, i might use frazier in left and keep gardner on the bench.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

hes hitting 350 with 4 homers and 12 rbis.  not sure how thats overrated.  when hicks and stanton come back, i might use frazier in left and keep gardner on the bench.

Yeah, he’s been solid. I’m going to keep plugging him in. I’m not sure what’s in store ROS for him, but there are a lot of moving parts here with the Yanks, and if he keeps hitting I think they’ll be able to find room for him.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, CraftyRighty said:

He's 24 years old and has just 1 years worth of ABs at AAA, most of which came as a 22 year old.  He missed most of last year with concussion symptoms.  Thats not what you label a 4A player at all...not even close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBrown said:

He's 24 years old and has just 1 years worth of ABs at AAA, most of which came as a 22 year old.  He missed most of last year with concussion symptoms.  Thats not what you label a 4A player at all...not even close.

Not a big power hitter, no much speed, batting eye is average, he is a good AAAA player right now, maybe not in the future

Room to grow but needs to fx some things, other than that awesome fielding LOL

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Not a big power hitter, no much speed, batting eye is average, he is a good AAAA player right now, maybe not in the future

slugging 612 and 265 ISO....but whatever you say....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

25 HR in under 600 AAA at bats.  As I already said, many of those ABs were taken at 22 years old, he was out last year with injury. Your assessment is so far asinine you clearly know nothing about the player so why bother commenting.  He has great speed and power, really quick bat speed.  You're probably just parroting me about his fielding since it sounds like you've never actually seen him play.

"he's a good AAAA player right now"  You don't even know what "4A player" means.

• Like 3

Looks like CraftyRighty didn't finish his homework assignment. Baseball America has said Frazier has above average raw power and above average speed.

• Like 3

Fangraphs has him at a 55 overall grade with no tool less than 50 grade. There’s definitely post hype potential. 

The "jack of all trades" label is pretty reasonable. He's always been considered a pretty good all around hitter. Patient, but with some power and some speed. He was the major acquisition in the Andrew Miller deal and when he was last considered a prospect, was often cracking the Top 20 in baseball. His big selling point is his bat speed. Simply fantastic. His K-rate is of some concern. Nothing drastic, but it was too high in his first taste in the majors in 2017. 2018 ended up being a lost year due to injuries. But 2019 he appears healthy and has some ability to contribute (or at least not hinder) across 5 categories. Playing time is of some concern, but with Judge now likely set to miss time, Frazier should have plenty of leash to carve out a role at the expense of possible a Brett Gardner or Greg Bird or DJ LeMahieu (if Andujar comes back) if everyone comes back healthy.

9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Quad-A-Clint hitting clean-up today!

HA! I do not take back anything I have stated about Clint but he is on 2 of my teams so I hope something clicked. Sometimes when a guy is given the keys to just drive with no pressure a light goes on, hope that is Clint.

Can you believe the bombers OF. If I were to show you the starters in March you'd have blushed then chuckled

Frazier, Gardner, Tauchman

Not this thread but Tauchman could so some major roto damage in the coming weeks......

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2019 at 6:17 PM, CraftyRighty said:

Wow, you know your stuff, do you have a blog I can subscribe to?