Sign in to follow this  
Wytchclt55

Clint Frazier 2019 Outlook

Sounds minor after doing some reading.  But FFS are the Yankees sharing the Mets medical staff this year?

8 hours ago, abachar said:

Minor ankle tweak from running, but never left the game.  Always said he was a Quad-A baserunner in his less than half a season of regular at-bats

I get that it is was ridiculous, but when do we stop punishing @CraftyRighty for a horrible take?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

So what he has a broken ankle now?

No?  They're waiting on MRI results but likely just a sprain.  Fair chance he ends up on the IL.  But really Ford has been playing well and if he wasn't starting Frazier would prob just DH.  So Yankees just playing it safe.

6 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

No?  They're waiting on MRI results but likely just a sprain.  Fair chance he ends up on the IL.  But really Ford has been playing well and if he wasn't starting Frazier would prob just DH.  So Yankees just playing it safe.

You lost me. If you want Ford to play, then Voit is the DH not Frazier. 

17 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You lost me. If you want Ford to play, then Voit is the DH not Frazier. 

As I said, if Yankees felt like they needed to keep Frazier's bat in the lineup then it would be at DH.  But that would take Ford out of the lineup who's been hitting well (.364 OBP).  So it isn't necessary. Let Frazier rest, he may end up needing a short trip to the IL or maybe a few games off will get him back on the field.  Getting an MRI or missing 2 games doesn't mean his ankle broke.

Frazier to the IL.  Expected out 10-14 days.   Short trip to IL, what I expected.

Edited by MrBrown

The Yankees' luck in the health department is becoming comical.

37 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Frazier to the IL.  Expected out 10-14 days.   Short trip to IL, what I expected.

😂 I wonder who’s winning the DL bingo game these days.  (Jacoby is the caller.)

On 4/23/2019 at 6:59 PM, BMcP said:

I get that it is was ridiculous, but when do we stop punishing @CraftyRighty for a horrible take?

I do not mind

I do though need Frazier to com back soon, maybe late next week? My 5th OF needs a quad A guy who has shown he can get on a hot streak lol

1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

I do not mind

I do though need Frazier to com back soon, maybe late next week? My 5th OF needs a quad A guy who has shown he can get on a hot streak lol

He should be back Monday

12 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

He should be back Monday

thanks

On 4/23/2019 at 3:59 PM, BMcP said:

The constant callbacks to his post is a big reason why I kept visiting this forum.

Don't stop now!

You guys feel he's just a quad A player of primarily or anyone see a bigger break out if he stays healthy?

He's always been intriguing with the great bat speed but not necessarily the most amazing minors numbers as other prospects. Curious if anyone is higher on him than just a hot FA add when he's rolling.

15 minutes ago, tonywow said:

You guys feel he's just a quad A player of primarily or anyone see a bigger break out if he stays healthy?

He's always been intriguing with the great bat speed but not necessarily the most amazing minors numbers as other prospects. Curious if anyone is higher on him than just a hot FA add when he's rolling.

I would not call him a Quad A player. Small sample side aside, I think he was close to proving he could huck it daily at the MLB level. Will this injury slow him down? That remains to be seen. But otherwise, I think you have a player with nice upside in the power/avg/obp departments.

• Like 1

Worth keeping? I have to drop him or Heyward and undecided....