Sign in to follow this  
Wytchclt55

Clint Frazier 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

only problem is who is your 4th OF? at least until judge and/or stanton come back.  u kinda need him until stanton/judge are back.

And he crushes a 2-run HR lol.  Yea thats what I mean that would leave them with only 3 OF, but Frazier has been so terrible in the OF.  Estrada could probably play corner OF as good if not better.  But I know it'll likely be IF for IF with Estrada being sent down 

• Haha 1

Just now, MrBrown said:

And he crushes a 2-run HR lol.  Yea thats what I mean that would leave them with only 3 OF, but Frazier has been so terrible in the OF.  Estrada could probably play corner OF as good if not better.  But I know it'll likely be IF for IF with Estrada being sent down 

ya.  Frazier is safe until Judge or Stanton come back.  which may be soon.  im wondering if they use Frazier in a deal to get a SP.  its good that he just hit a 2 run HR because we need his value as high as possible.  my pipe dream is that they go after Max Scherzer

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

ya.  Frazier is safe until Judge or Stanton come back.  which may be soon.  im wondering if they use Frazier in a deal to get a SP.  its good that he just hit a 2 run HR because we need his value as high as possible.  my pipe dream is that they go after Max Scherzer

Yea I don't really think they'll deal for anything but SP. And if they sign Keuchel then I'm not sure they'll pursue anything at the trade deadline.  They're deep everywhere (with Judge and Stanton healthy)  If they add Keuchel they'll have

Paxton

Tanaka

Severino

Keuchel

German

CC

Happ

Of course Scherzer would be AWESOME but I know it'll probably take a King's ransom and maybe not necessary.

I would think that he'd be splitting time with Gardner and might get sat a lot late innings as a defensive replacement. Judge takes all the RF and Stanton probably slides in at DH most days, but he's for sure not starting everyday anymore. His saving grace is that his bat >> Gardner's but his defense is holding him back. 

Am I right in thinking the EE trade pretty much dooms his playing time? A lot of mouths to feed at OF and DH when everyone’s healthy.

So Frasier is the biggest loser in the Encarnacion trade.  Hope the Yankees can trade him but everyone, including rebuilding teams, wants pitching over outfielders any day.  (Of course his old team in Cleveland could use someone not named Lindor who can hit the ball on occasion).

53 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Prob to SF for bum or blue Jay's for stroman. 

I was thinking they might try to move him for some SP. With their OF loaded when Judge/Stanton come back and EE incoming, would make sense to move someone for a decent SP. They really need another good SP IMO to have a better chance winning it all, but that lineup is going to be crazy. 

Probably his last hooray against league worst bum talent Despaigne.  Make em pay, Clint!

It kind of makes sense that he would. The Yankees need pitching in a bad way. Their bullpen, as elite as it is, won't help if they can't get through the 5th every 5 days.

7 hours ago, smeeze said:

Stroman for Frazier, who says no?

That would be ideal for both teams

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smeeze said:

Stroman for Frazier, who says no?

Not sure the Yankees want to get waxed by him 16-17 times a season (believe that’s how many games division teams play).  Would definitely be interesting though.  I don’t think he likes anyone in NYC, and doesn’t appear they like him either.  Some sports hate and rivalry is always fun.  Cashman is too savvy though.  Doubt he’d do that.  

I think SF should deal Bum for him.  They need OF year in and year out and can't develop anyone.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Not sure the Yankees want to get waxed by him 16-17 times a season (believe that’s how many games division teams play).  Would definitely be interesting though.  I don’t think he likes anyone in NYC, and doesn’t appear they like him either.  Some sports hate and rivalry is always fun.  Cashman is too savvy though.  Doubt he’d do that.  

I'm not sure where you get this from. He has a mentor/mentee relationship with Judge and he's becoming a fan favorite. Some in the press smell blood because he wears his heart on his sleeve but beyond that I'm not seeing it. 

Maybe you move him if you can get Scherzer back but beyond that I think any trade involving him will go down in flames with the fanbase.

49 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Not sure the Yankees want to get waxed by him 16-17 times a season (believe that’s how many games division teams play)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I think SF should deal Bum for him.  They need OF year in and year out and can't develop anyone.

Would be a good move for SF, but not ideal landing spot for Clint fantasy wise.  Tough park and awful lineup.  But pretty good environment, not as ruthless of folks in the Bay Area.