Sign in to follow this  
hgh22

Mike Tauchman 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I much rather have standiums built like Yankee Stadium where offense and exceptional pitching is possible (i.e. Boyd's pitching performance where he finished with 13Ks over 6 innings of work) versus Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers home) where decent pitching performances occur while Tigers players (*ahem* Castellanos) call the park a "joke" because it suppresses homers.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Single year park factors are too variable..not reliable enough.

 

3 seasons worth of data 2016-2018

 

HR Park Factor..Coors Field 1.280, Yankee Stadium 1.265..so basically no difference in the two parks for home runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 5:43 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Another Rocky who got away due to having to pay Cargo, Desmond, Parra.  Can’t wait until he does more than those 3 wet farts so I can laugh at the Rockies.

Start laughing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Single year park factors are too variable..not reliable enough.

 

3 seasons worth of data 2016-2018

 

HR Park Factor..Coors Field 1.280, Yankee Stadium 1.265..so basically no difference in the two parks for home runs.

The topic is Mike Tauchman who is in his first year with them. Why would we care about data from previous years?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cashflow said:

I much rather have standiums built like Yankee Stadium where offense and exceptional pitching is possible (i.e. Boyd's pitching performance where he finished with 13Ks over 6 innings of work) versus Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers home) where decent pitching performances occur while Tigers players (*ahem* Castellanos) call the park a "joke" because it suppresses homers.   

 

Nobody cares about Castellanos.  Plenty of guys have hit HR there and not whined about the park like him.  He is gone, we are all glad.

 

On topic, I've had Tauchman for 2.5 weeks now and it is awesome.  I still don't even know how to pronounce his name.  Guy is putting up better numbers than Frazier did.

Edited by Sternes
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

The topic is Mike Tauchman who is in his first year with them. Why would we care about data from previous years?

Because 3 years of data is more reliable than not even a full season of data so far this season.  Do you truly believe that Yankee Stadium after being a top 2 or 3 hitters park the last 3 season, is all of a sudden this year the most pitcher friendly park? Anyways, off topic of Tauchman, ride him while he's hot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Because 3 years of data is more reliable than not even a full season of data so far this season.  Do you truly believe that Yankee Stadium after being a top 2 or 3 hitters park the last 3 season, is all of a sudden this year the most pitcher friendly park? Anyways, off topic of Tauchman, ride him while he's hot.

 

Don't have to tell me twice, I'm all over it

tenor.gif?itemid=7744927

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Because 3 years of data is more reliable than not even a full season of data so far this season.  Do you truly believe that Yankee Stadium after being a top 2 or 3 hitters park the last 3 season, is all of a sudden this year the most pitcher friendly park? Anyways, off topic of Tauchman, ride him while he's hot.

 

players change/progress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jfazz23 said:

 

players change/progress

 

I thought he was referencing the stadium data, not the player data.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sternes said:

 

I thought he was referencing the stadium data, not the player data.

my mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 6:13 PM, boomzdaddy said:

Down week after an amazing month, is this guy still with starting for those in the know or was he just on a hot streak?

Hard to tell sometimes with players that come out of nowhere, although with Tauchman that would have been quite a hot streak if it was just that, as it lasted for almost two months.  Multi-hit games in his last two, so maybe he is heating back up actually.  It will likely be easier to answer that question on Monday.  If this isn't a sign that he's getting back on track, then I'd be concerned.  If he has more good games before the week is over, then obviously I'd say he's still worth owning and it wasn't just a really long hot streak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Hard to tell sometimes with players that come out of nowhere, although with Tauchman that would have been quite a hot streak if it was just that, as it lasted for almost two months.  Multi-hit games in his last two, so maybe he is heating back up actually.  It will likely be easier to answer that question on Monday.  If this isn't a sign that he's getting back on track, then I'd be concerned.  If he has more good games before the week is over, then obviously I'd say he's still worth owning and it wasn't just a really long hot streak.

  A few games does not change what someone has done or is likely to do over the next month+.  The Yanks are on their annual west coast swing from hell.  Have not been able to beat the A's in Oakland for awhile.  Stop hitting more or less and more notably, the pitching woes show up again which is their Achilles heel.  Outside of Torres, no one is really hitting exceptionally right now.  Tauchman has been OK and hit in 5 straight and there is no reason to go bailing on him based on what happens over the weekend against the Dodger staff.  Unlike the Yanks, the Dodgers actually have starting pitching that people respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, secretagentman said:

  A few games does not change what someone has done or is likely to do over the next month+.  The Yanks are on their annual west coast swing from hell.  Have not been able to beat the A's in Oakland for awhile.  Stop hitting more or less and more notably, the pitching woes show up again which is their Achilles heel.  Outside of Torres, no one is really hitting exceptionally right now.  Tauchman has been OK and hit in 5 straight and there is no reason to go bailing on him based on what happens over the weekend against the Dodger staff.  Unlike the Yanks, the Dodgers actually have starting pitching that people respect.

While I get being frustrated with your team through a rough stretch, I think more of that should be directed towards the team and not people that post about their players on here. 😉

I was basically just saying that if he continued to hit over the course of their weekend series, then it's a good sign that he is likely getting hot again.  An even better sign given that it's against the Dodgers, which I didn't think about.  Ultimately, I think the league winning production he displayed earlier isn't really him and that's likely done, but he could still be useful.  Urshela isn't that good either and he's rolled almost all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun ride while it lasted, but it appears he remembered he is Mike Tauchman.  .211 with no HR over the last 3 weeks.

Edited by murraygd13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this