Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

39 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Gotten better every season? Wtf are you talking about? This is only his second season overall. In other words it's his first season that he could even have have a chance to improve upon a prior season. And hes only started NINE career games.... so he hasn't actually even played a full season yet. Your statement doesn't make sense at all.

But great argument there!

LOL!!!! HES MICHAEL VICK WITH AN ACCURATE ARM BRO CHILL!!!! 

27 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

You all may want to check out who he has played this year. The 2 worst pass defenses in the league with 2 coaches that have no business coaching in the NFL. He's got more cup cake teams coming up but then it's NE. Lets see what Belicheck does to him when they play.

VERY VERY TRUE, I want to sell him high while I can right now to be perfectly honest.... But he has been quite the player to own, hate to lose him but that second half schedule doesn't or didn't look that great.... But now that I look at it come playoff time that schedule looks very friendly

31 minutes ago, Hops said:

I think he may be referring to the previous seasons in which Lamar Jackson also played football The NFL is not the only entity that practices organized football competition. 

Ohhhhh so that guy followed Lamar all through peewee football, Pop Warner, and highschool? Because he said every season right? Gotcha.

16 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Ohhhhh so that guy followed Lamar all through peewee football, Pop Warner, and highschool? Because he said every season right? Gotcha.

Don't forget Madden. That's where I get most of my data. 

If you're not rooting for Jackson to outduel Mahommes this weekend, then you are part of the problem and probably responsible for most of our woe.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Very insightful questions. My guess is that he is only referring to leagues which we as NFL fantasy football enthusiasts use to truly evaluate a player’s talent and progression relative to the NFL’s level of competition. Which only includes collegiate football. 

It seems like you may have overlooked that point in my last post as you removed this sentence when quoting it in your reply, “We also have a fantastic opportunity to evaluate players and their progression or lack thereof during their time in collegiate football.”

I apologize for using the term “collegiate football” as opposed to “college football”. As it appears you may have confused it with your respective level of education when referencing pop warner and high school. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, FavreCo said:

You all may want to check out who he has played this year. The 2 worst pass defenses in the league with 2 coaches that have no business coaching in the NFL. He's got more cup cake teams coming up but then it's NE. Lets see what Belicheck does to him when they play.

Horrible as expected. Any questions?

Pretty sweet floor. Didn't turn it over. Couple of overthrows that would have been big plays, and Harbaugh made a couple questionable calls. If this is bad Lamar, I will be a happy camper this year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Onion said:

Pretty sweet floor. Didn't turn it over. Couple of overthrows that would have been big plays, and Harbaugh made a couple questionable calls. If this is bad Lamar, I will be a happy camper this year.

He had quite a few passes he tried force in that easily could have been interceptions.

I laughed when Snead made that catch on the tipped ball that could have just as easily been intercepted and the announcers said "Jackson is a highlight reel". Horrible throw.

He will have fantasy value. He's not playing like his stats show though, and to say "didn't turn it over" after that game as a plus is pretty misguided.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

He had quite a few passes he tried force in that easily could have been interceptions.

I laughed when Snead made that catch on the tipped ball that could have just as easily been intercepted and the announcers said "Jackson is a highlight reel". Horrible throw.

He will have fantasy value. He's not playing like his stats show though, and to say "didn't turn it over" after that game as a plus is pretty misguided.

There are 2-3 plays in almost every game that could go either way.

Wasn't a great game. Wasn't terrible. Couple plays either direction and it could have been great, or just as easily terrible. If this is bad Lamar, owners are in for a great season.

• Like 1

KC defense looked great. Pass protection was bad.

He was scrambling on almost every play. 

As much as people can say the first two matchups were easy, I think this was one of the tougher ones he'll face. 

I still see no reason that he won't finish the year a top 3 QB, barring injury. Which is a huge value for his ADP. 

Horrible game but his schedule doesn't get much tougher. 

He is going to have bad games in real life but still put up decent fantasy numbers.

The Chiefs were one of the toughest matchups for opposing QBs at home last year. Their defense doesn’t travel well, but KC is a tough place to play.  It wasn’t pretty, but not terrible fantasy production.

Plus you gotta figure Ingram probably won’t get 3 TDs again this year... at least one of those would have gone to Lamar 90% of the time.

• Like 2

If Lamar takes 2 of Ingram’s 3 tds today nobody is saying he had a bad game, the 267 passing yds aren’t that great but still shatters his high for passing yards last year .He had one game last year where he passed for over 200 yds so if this is a floor game I will take it.

I would have like to see him run a little more today 

• Like 2

Not sweating this in the slightest.  Still has one of the safest floors in the league thanks to his legs and his passing is still great.  Played in a tough environment and without his best reliable receiving weapon (Mark Andrews) and his RB simply could not be stopped. 

and he still put up 21+ points and was a top 10 QB in a week with Kyle Allen, Daniel Jones, and Jameis Winston all suddenly becoming stud QBs. 

R-E-L-A-X

13 hours ago, FavreCo said:

21 points is horrible? LOL

• Like 1

his statline is ok, but Chiefs secondary acted like it was blind on a couple of throws..that Roberts and Snead catches were just plain luck - ball was like ten minutes in the air and Roberts almost scored a TD..I lost my matchup with LJax owner by 2 pts so Im not a fan :P

What does make an elite fantasy QB? Despite the RB rushing for 3 TDs and Lamar not connecting with his passes early, he was ultimately still able to make some big throws and scramble for TD. 21 fantasy points is very good, especially on a "bad" day. Keep firing up Lamar as an elite fantasy QB with confidence!

18 hours ago, FavreCo said:

I bet this guy didn’t actually check the final stat line lol.  He probably assumed it was a bad game because of the initial game flow.

I watched the entire game. I'll tell you what doesn't make an elite fantasy quarterback.

1. A lot of his throws were just bad. His receivers and some luck are making him look better than he should. An elite QB doesn't make some of the throws he did, and actually puts the ball where it should have been on some of the others.

2. He doesn't throw to his WRs other than flinging it to the endzone hoping Hollywood comes up with it. He just didn't multiple times this game because they weren't great throws. That and bad defenses the first 2 games propped him up big time. Eventually teams will stop Ingram and shut down the TEs and make him beat them through the air to his WRs and the throws I saw yesterday don't show a guy who is going to beat you that way.

3. I don't consider this a "bad day" for him. 21 points is not his floor game. Despite a lot of the bad throws he made a few were come down with that really saved him. This was about as good a day as it could have been for his performance.

4. The Chiefs defense is not very good. They were bottom of the NFL last year in the secondary. They've made some improvements and I'm happy with a lot of things that I saw yesterday (I'm a Chiefs fan), but as of the first 3 weeks they are sitting at 24th in total defense. Improvement over last season and I expect them to get better as the year goes on (lots of new pieces), but you're kidding yourself if you think this is their toughest or close to toughest defense all year.

Now I'll tell you what does make an elite fantasy quarterback.

1. Go watch Pat Mahomes for that entire game. Or any game for that matter. Watch where his throws go. Watch the decisions he makes. Watch his receivers not getting chunks of yards because they beat the receiver in a jump ball or tipped ball, but because the ball is right where it should have been.

I like Lamar, but he does not play like an elite QB and out of anyone starting hot I believe will regress more than any of the others fantasy wise. I don't think the Ravens will be bad or lose games. I think he can still win games. But he's lower top 10 I believe at the end of the year for QB in fantasy.

Edited by tschwicht
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one play he just flung up in the sky and his WR came down with it was actually a GREAT play. The dline bumrushed him and it was 4th down. Nothing to lose by heaving it up. The other play where he threw it ACROSS the field and the WR came down with it was a terrible throw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

1. Go watch Pat Mahomes for that entire game. Or any game for that matter. Watch where his throws go. Watch the decisions he makes. Watch his receivers not getting chunks of yards because they beat the receiver in a jump ball or tipped ball, but because the ball is right where it should have been.

I like Lamar, but he does not play like an elite QB and out of anyone starting hot I believe will regress more than any of the others fantasy wise. I don't think the Ravens will be bad or lose games. I think he can still win games. But he's lower top 10 I believe at the end of the year for QB in fantasy.

Patrick Mahomes is in a class by himself. If that's the comparison youre gonna make to label an elite QB then I'll tell you that the list starts and ends with Mahomes.

• Like 3

Lamar is going to be solid but he played the best two teams for QBs the first two weeks. There was nowhere to go but down. Everyone is going to light up Arizona and Miami

1 hour ago, tschwicht said:

I watched the entire game. I'll tell you what doesn't make an elite fantasy quarterback.

1. A lot of his throws were just bad. His receivers and some luck are making him look better than he should. An elite QB doesn't make some of the throws he did, and actually puts the ball where it should have been on some of the others.

2. He doesn't throw to his WRs other than flinging it to the endzone hoping Hollywood comes up with it. He just didn't multiple times this game because they weren't great throws. That and bad defenses the first 2 games propped him up big time. Eventually teams will stop Ingram and shut down the TEs and make him beat them through the air to his WRs and the throws I saw yesterday don't show a guy who is going to beat you that way.

3. I don't consider this a "bad day" for him. 21 points is not his floor game. Despite a lot of the bad throws he made a few were come down with that really saved him. This was about as good a day as it could have been for his performance.

4. The Chiefs defense is not very good. They were bottom of the NFL last year in the secondary. They've made some improvements and I'm happy with a lot of things that I saw yesterday (I'm a Chiefs fan), but as of the first 3 weeks they are sitting at 24th in total defense. Improvement over last season and I expect them to get better as the year goes on (lots of new pieces), but you're kidding yourself if you think this is their toughest or close to toughest defense all year.

He performed poorly from a real life stand point and yet he only scored 6 points less than the perfect player in Mahomes.  That’s almost the epitome of an elite fantasy player.  Nobody cares if his real life mechanics are questionable.   His elite rushing ability can offset an average throwing performance.