Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Yes it is.

Lamar gonna break all time rush yards.

That's possible, but look at the defenses he's gone up against. He's going to have to prove that to me. Mahomes is proven, Jackson isn't.

• Like 1

Just now, FitzMagic said:

That's possible, but look at the defenses he's gone up against. He's going to have to prove that to me. Mahomes is proven, Jackson isn't.

True, the teams he has faced so far, defensively have been weak.....

Has anyone traded him off yet? And what did you get in return?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

Lamar Jackson is 1.08 points behind Mahomes in Yahoo standard scoring. Dak Prescott is 1.20 points behind.

So whatever separation you're referring to hasn't happened yet?

You jumped on it too soon before I edited. I knew that would be brought up. I was speaking in the longer term. I just don't see it happening. I'm not saying he's not a upper tier QB1 because he will finish up there. I just think we aren't talking about Mahomes type production over the full season. He's tradeable, Mahomes isn't.

Saying he hasn't played anyone is NOT AN ARGUMENT.

He has the easiest upcoming schedule I have ever seen.

Cincy 2x, Cle 2x, SF, NY Jets

ITS like a SCHMORGESBORG of cupcakes 

Edited by clarkevii
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Jackson's rushing is proven. In his 7 starts last year he ran for 556 yards. 79.4 yards per game.

It's his passing that was unproven but looking much better this year. 

You can only use the competition (excuse) reasoning so long. Kansas City is not a bad defense. 

Of course I agree Mahomes is more proven, but I see no reason to believe there will be a massive separation between Mahomes and Jackson at the end of the season. I think it'll be close. 

Jackson is the far superior rusher and fantasy scores rushing favorably. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

True, the teams he has faced so far, defensively have been weak.....

Has anyone traded him off yet? And what did you get in return?

In a trade that came down to Lamar for Rodgers, I ended up declining because I decided I’m all in on Lamar. Not trying to CSB this, but basically, the Rodgers owner was willing to trade this straight up. 

5 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

Saying he hasn't played anyone is NOT AN ARGUMENT.

He has the easiest upcoming schedule I have ever seen.

Cincy 2x, Cle 2x, SF, NY Jets

ITS like a SCHMORGESBORG of cupcakes 

I wasn't calling them bad or good. I was talking about defenses against the run. KC is not a bad defense, as displayed by Lamar's inefficiency through the air. You are claiming cupcakes, I'm not. I'm not calling defenses cupcakes this early, unless they're named the Miami Dolphins.

1 minute ago, Butters said:

In a trade that came down to Lamar for Rodgers, I ended up declining because I decided I’m all in on Lamar. Not trying to CSB this, but basically, the Rodgers owner was willing to trade this straight up. 

There isn't a QB I'd trade him for other than Mahomes. But if someone dangles a pretty good WR or RB you take a hard look.

18 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

There isn't a QB I'd trade him for other than Mahomes. But if someone dangles a pretty good WR or RB you take a hard look.

Perhaps, but it's absolutely all about context - i.e. what other QB's can you start in Jackson's place, do you badly need a "pretty good" WR or RB given your depth at the positions, etc. I think there are a lot of scenarios where a move like this both would and wouldn't make sense.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Secretly hoping the BAL defense doesn't play well this year.

Think you got your wish

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 5:32 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Secretly hoping the BAL defense doesn't play well this year.

They're not good.  

Everyone thought they were good because they destroyed the Dolphins week 1 (well, now we see why).  However, Arizona picked them apart week 2 but kicked a bunch of FGs, Mahomes torched them, and now the Browns dropped 40 on them in Baltimore.

They lost a bunch of key pieces of last year’s unit, and it’s showing.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, dashoe said:

Q2. Who is your favorite sell-high candidate at this point in the season?

Lamar Jackson may be crushing so far, but what did you expect versus the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Chiefs through three weeks? Don’t hear me wrong; he is a reliable QB1 with plenty of upside, but at this point, 

⁉️you can move him for a WR3 like Mike Williams or an RB3 like David Montgomery, and I’d do either without hesitation.”⁉️
– Bobby Sylvester (FantasyPros)

😂

🙄 🤣🙄

Bobby Sylvester is by far the dumbest “analyst” in the business. Never listen to anything he says, and fade whenever possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lamar needs to learn how to throw the ball like a QB. He throws like he’s playing CF for the Cubs. Great arm and lags but he may have worse touch than Cam. If he can make more accurate throws or actually throw the ball before the coverage is there he could be a top 5 guy. The way he looks he’s miles behind guys like Watson, Wilson, Wentz etc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

They're not good.  

Everyone thought they were good because they destroyed the Dolphins week 1 (well, now we see why).  However, Arizona picked them apart week 2 but kicked a bunch of FGs, Mahomes torched them, and now the Browns dropped 40 on them in Baltimore.

They lost a bunch of key pieces of last year’s unit, and it’s showing.

This is good for Lamar's outlook. Keep it going! 

I actually think the defense sucking hurts his value. He's at his best when they're running the ball and he can hit wide open receivers on play action. When they have to play catch up they know he's throwing and as we've seen he turns the ball over. 

11 minutes ago, philnutz said:

I actually think the defense sucking hurts his value. He's at his best when they're running the ball and he can hit wide open receivers on play action. When they have to play catch up they know he's throwing and as we've seen he turns the ball over. 

Well, I see what you mean. But I don't think they're THAT bad where they'll be trying to chuck the ball all game. They'll still be running the ball in close games.

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

Lamar needs to learn how to throw the ball like a QB. He throws like he’s playing CF for the Cubs. Great arm and lags but he may have worse touch than Cam. If he can make more accurate throws or actually throw the ball before the coverage is there he could be a top 5 guy. The way he looks he’s miles behind guys like Watson, Wilson, Wentz etc. 

Fantasy wise he is miles ahead of everyone in terms of rushing yards/points. Which makes him the potential #1 QB any given game. 

If you are talking about real life quarterback value then maybe not top 5 at this moment. 

I think he is doing pretty good (fantasy wise), he is the number 1 QB over four games, for a 12th rounder that's not bad, Watson (the QB I wanted to get, but he went way too early) is 30 points behind him in spot 6. I personally don't care how he makes his points, as long as he does.

• Like 2

He's tied for QB1 with Mahomes in my standard scoring league including 1 s---y game and 1 game that had Mark Ingram rush for 3 TDs.  Even when he sucks in reality he is gold in fantasy!

That cheapie 50 yard garbage-time special to Stills really helped though!

• Like 1

Anyone worried about the weather in Pittsburgh and the Steelers D playing better, no one is benching but temper expectations 

1 minute ago, wahoos1 said:

Anyone worried about the weather in Pittsburgh and the Steelers D playing better, no one is benching but temper expectations 

Would you rather start Watson against the Falcons? Rodgers against the Cowboys? Baker against the Niners? Trying to gauge how confidently you all trust LJax's floor to be

3 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

Would you rather start Watson against the Falcons? Rodgers against the Cowboys? Baker against the Niners? Trying to gauge how confidently you all trust LJax's floor to be

I’d probably start watson in a vacuum, realize he has played like ****e some this year, but falcons just made the titans look like greatest show on turf. If start lamar over Rodgers and Baker