Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

When these teams play early on Sunday Baltimore usually wins in a blow out, so I'm hoping he puts up points

Yes I have a feeling this is his first bad game. That Steelers defense is playing out of control. Still hard to bench him. Im not. 

14 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Yes I have a feeling this is his first bad game. That Steelers defense is playing out of control. Still hard to bench him. Im not. 

They had one good game. Beyond that, they were torched by Brady and Russ then got pounded by the 9ers run game. I wouldn't call allowing 24+ points 3 out of 4 games playing out of control.

Edited by hoppychokes

6 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

They had one good game. Beyond that, they were torched by Brady and Russ then got pounded by the 9ers run game. I wouldn't call allowing 24+ points 3 out of 4 games playing out of control.

Forced a ton of turnovers last 3, getting to the QB frequently

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Forced a ton of turnovers last 3, getting to the QB frequently

Yeah, but the only one they actually shut down the offense was against Dalton in primetime. Even the phins could do that.

42 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

5 turnovers vs Sf, 4 sacks vs Russ. Keep in mind they just got minkah. Devin Bush,  cam Hayward, Haden, watt, Fitzpatrick. This d is loaded. 

Edited by yanksman

55 minutes ago, yanksman said:

The first half vs the Browns was atrocious. It's coming

He's averaging 28.05 fantasy points per game in standard Yahoo scoring, right? Which by the way is the highest in the league. 

His worst game so far was 21.28.

So even a "bad game" for him would be, what? 20 fantasy points? That's still top 10 QB production on most weeks. No way you can bench him.

Because he might also have a good game and give you 30+. He's one of only a few QB's in the league even capable of the doing that.

• Like 1

The only two games where I’m considering other options are the Pats and Bills matchups. The Steelers need to shut down a far better QB than Dalton-minus-AJG before I’ll buy that it’s a scary matchup for opposing QBs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

He's averaging 28.05 fantasy points per game in standard Yahoo scoring, right? Which by the way is the highest in the league. 

His worst game so far was 21.28.

So even a "bad game" for him would be, what? 20 fantasy points? That's still top 10 QB production on most weeks. No way you can bench him.

Because he might also have a good game and give you 30+. He's one of only a few QB's in the league even capable of the doing that.

@MIA        ARI           @KC          CLE 

________________________________________________________________________________

Total yards    -   32             31              30             11

Total points    -   32             27              18            15

A bad game would be just as bad as any great QB has had. Brady had a horrible game last week. HOF QBs have many stinkers. To make these claims is ridiculous...

especially using 4 games...ARI and MIA aren't NFL rosters. KC's defense is bad. He put up good numbers vs CLE as they were down big early. 

Jackson has had a great four games. He may have an amazing season. Probably will as he faces few top defenses this year. Think he puts up 20 pts against NE?

9 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

@MIA        ARI           @KC          CLE 

________________________________________________________________________________

Total yards    -   32             31              30             11

Total points    -   32             27              18            15

A bad game would be just as bad as any great QB has had. Brady had a horrible game last week. HOF QBs have many stinkers. To make these claims is ridiculous...

especially using 4 games...ARI and MIA aren't NFL rosters. KC's defense is bad. He put up good numbers vs CLE as they were down big early. 

Jackson has had a great four games. He may have an amazing season. Probably will as he faces few top defenses this year. Think he puts up 20 pts against NE?

Jackson has a higher floor than Brady due to his rushing ability. Jackson is averaging 59.5 yards per game rushing. He's not a normal quarterback.

I had a question mark after "20 fantasy points?" for a reason. I am asking what other people consider a realistic bad game for him. 

He might put up 15 points. Of course. I just don't think there is a high probability of that. All we are doing is making educated guesses. I am not making any claims to know the future. 

But frankly to compare him to a 42 year old Brady is a bit ridiculous. Totally different players. And ARI and MIA are literally NFL rosters. And KC actually played a good game defensively vs. Jackson. 

1 hour ago, mbell317 said:

Jackson has a higher floor than Brady due to his rushing ability. Jackson is averaging 59.5 yards per game rushing. He's not a normal quarterback.

I had a question mark after "20 fantasy points?" for a reason. I am asking what other people consider a realistic bad game for him. 

He might put up 15 points. Of course. I just don't think there is a high probability of that. All we are doing is making educated guesses. I am not making any claims to know the future. 

But frankly to compare him to a 42 year old Brady is a bit ridiculous. Totally different players. And ARI and MIA are literally NFL rosters. And KC actually played a good game defensively vs. Jackson. 

Brady isn't going to throw 3 picks or fumble 3 times. That's not out of the question for Lamar.

Look through some Mike Vick and Randall Cunningham game logs. PLENTY of games they score below 20 fantasy points.

Plenty below 10 fantasy points with their "rushing floor" that gets WAY too much credit as an automatic fantasy advantage.

Edited by this guy right here

Something is telling me to pick up Dalton and start him, just can’t pull the trigger 

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Brady isn't going to throw 3 picks or fumble 3 times. That's not out of the question for Lamar.

Look through some Mike Vick and Randall Cunningham game logs. PLENTY of games they score below 20 fantasy points.

Plenty below 10 fantasy points with their "rushing floor" that gets WAY too much credit as an automatic fantasy advantage.

To be clear, I never said Lamar Jackson won't have games under 20 fantasy points. He probably will. 

I was guessing and asking what a likely "bad" game would look like for him. Not a terrible game. Not his worst game ever. Just what would a normal "bad" or "below average" game look like. 

I never claimed he wouldn't have a 5 point game or wouldn't have a 10 point game in his future. Those games may happen, though I'd consider them to be highly unlikely and horrendous. 

2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Yeah and when Brady doesn’t throw 3 TDs, what happens? He scores 3.7 points vs Buffalo.  This can literally happen to anyone.  What gives Lamar that safer floor is his ability to run.

Zero passing TDs against the Chiefs yet he still scored 21.3 because of his legs.

If you truly don’t understand the advantage running QBs give you in fantasy, not sure what else to tell you to convince you but it is real.  That certainly doesn’t make anyone immune to duds but guys like Brady have them as well.

Mahomes is certainly not a running QB and in a game where he threw zero TDs last week, he did have 54 rushing yards which helps prop the floor.  Finished with 18.

Fact is, a “bad” game from Lamar will almost always be better in fantasy than Brady because he will give you those rushing yards.  When Brady isn’t throwing TDs and is held in check, you get those 3.7 weeks.  Very rare but that is the difference.

It is no coincidence that Lamar is always ranked ahead of Brady weekly because those legs give him massive upside along with the improved throwing.  If he is cooking in both departments, that is week winning ability for you team.

Edited by ludawg23
  • Like 2

Even when he’s bad he’s been good.  At this point I’m not benching Jackson for anyone

• Like 1

6 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Brady isn't going to rush for 70 yards or run in 2 TD's. That's not out of the question for Lamar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This guy is on another level, almost a cheat code.  Because a bad game for Lamar is still 15+ points.  He’s young and athletic and his rushing stuffs the stat sheet.  Everyone was ripping his play against KC but he still put up 21 points.  A bad game for a pocket passer is single digit points.  Brady is older than dirt, lots of dinking and dunking.  He’ll never get 30+ on a great day like Lamar can.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, yanksman said:

5 turnovers vs Sf, 4 sacks vs Russ. Keep in mind they just got minkah. Devin Bush,  cam Hayward, Haden, watt, Fitzpatrick. This d is loaded. 

You were right man, I was very very wrong lol. 

Just now, lla887 said:

He really needs to stop throwing to the wrong team

Only 1 of them was his fault. Tipped ball, ball stolen from a teammate that didn't hold onto it. His receivers need to do a better job.

• Like 1

Dudes terrible when it counts. However he dominated MIA and AZ. BFD a very low football IQ. Great wheels. Yay

• Thanks 1

This game is likely his fantasy floor.

First pick - missed a blatant PI and was tipped in the air by his receiver (Andrews).
Second pick - one of the worst throws I've ever seen.

Third pick - wasn't actually a pick. Hit the ground clearly.

As a real life QB, he has a hell of a lot to work on. Wouldn't worry about him in fantasy however.

3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Dudes terrible when it counts. However he dominated MIA and AZ. BFD a very low football IQ. Great wheels. Yay

The interceptions weren't on him. The 1st was a dropped pass that was tipped to a defender. 2nd was the receiver having the ball ripped away from them in the process of completing it. I forget the 3rd, but it also might not have been on Lamar.

Overall though the offense hasn't been as good the last two weeks.