Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

He turning in circles in the backfield stepping into tacklers and winging passes that have a better chance of being intercepted than caught by his guys. You see Watson, Mahomes, Minshew making all those stupid throws? 

On 10/5/2019 at 10:53 PM, mbell317 said:

To be clear, I never said Lamar Jackson won't have games under 20 fantasy points.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, this guy right here said:

So even a "bad game" for him would be, what? 20 fantasy points?

Pretty much did....

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Pretty much did....

LOL. There's a difference between bad and awful. 

In my original post my intention was to throw out a reasonable number for what a typical "bad" game for Lamar might look like. 

Not a worst game of the season number. Which this game might be.

He threw 3 interceptions. And faced a good defense. And still put up 14.44 because of his 70 rush yards. 

You just conveniently ignored the post where I said he may very well have 5 and 10 point games. 

You're a clown. 

Such games happen. Hard fought divisional battle on the road against a pumped up, physical Steelers D.

I watched the 2nd half and the Steelers front totally crashed the Ravens OL immediately after snap. Lamar tried his best to get out of trouble but was caught multiple times between Steelers defenders, yet he made some incredible magic escapes for positive yards to keep drives alive. Like late in the 4th quarter and OT he brought his team into FG range with his legs, every single yard hard earned to will his team to the win.

I'm not worried a bit. They won't have such physical battles very often, the Steelers intensity in this one was jacked up as hell.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, this guy right here said:

So even a "bad game" for him would be, what? 20 fantasy points?

7 hours ago, mbell317 said:

There's a difference between bad and awful.

7 hours ago, mbell317 said:

And still put up 14.44

Do yourself a favor and look through the game logs of Mike Vick and Randall Cunningham. 14.44.........not the floor.

Too bad we probably won't see his floor this year as his schedule is powder puff.

3 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Do yourself a favor and look through the game logs of Mike Vick and Randall Cunningham. 14.44.........not the floor.

Too bad we probably won't see his floor this year as his schedule is powder puff.

Huh? He plays NE, LAR, SEA, San Fran, Buffalo, HOU, and NYJ.

Not sure if you’re trolling or not but that is a difficult string of defenses.

36 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Huh? He plays NE, LAR, SEA, San Fran, Buffalo, HOU, and NYJ.

Not sure if you’re trolling or not but that is a difficult string of defenses.

I'll give you NE and BUF.

LAR - 7th in pts/g WHILE hold NO to 9 pts at home with Bridgewater and CLE to 13 pts with their O-Line mess. Lit up by Wilson and JAMEIS WINSTON at home.

SEA- ARI = hot garbage. Brees and Goff put up good numbers. If Lamar IS a good QB he should handle them.

SF- Off to a good start, much like Lamar until this week, against poor competition. CIN = hot garbage. PIT is no longer an offensive threat. Winston held in check....again, by everyone but the daunting LAR.

HOU- They still have names. Their front seven are good but their secondary is old. 30+ pts to Brees and Ryan. Again, this is where Lamar can distinguish himself as the star I don't believe him to be yet. Held Rivers in check but that team is decimated.  Held back up Kyle Allen in check.

NYJ- Their corners are a joke. Even if they weren't, if Darnold doesn't doesn't come back anyone they play will have the ball 75% of the time.

Context.

Looks like his "must-start" status has officially dropped.  Sell high window also shutting.  I don't think he'll be bad moving forward, but people expecting a Mahomes Jr. type of scoring might want to temper expectations. 

30 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Looks like his "must-start" status has officially dropped.  Sell high window also shutting.  I don't think he'll be bad moving forward, but people expecting a Mahomes Jr. type of scoring might want to temper expectations. 

Recency bias.

Which will strike again after he goes nuts at home against Cinci.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Recency bias.

Which will strike again after he goes nuts at home against Cinci.

Will he go nuts against them tho?

1 minute ago, TheBoondocks said:

Will he go nuts against them tho?

Did you see what AZ and Murray did? I expect that and then some.

Man, people are way too hard on this guy.  Through 5 weeks, he has had 3 fantastic games, one average and one below average.  Ranked 2nd on the year...

It may look ugly but it doesn’t matter for fantasy purposes.  Besides Mahomes/Watson and maybe Wilson, who else has his upside? 

Tons of guys drafted ahead of him who are performing poorly yet this guy gets all the negative talk.

Love him or hate him, the guy’s game is fantasy friendly and an easy set n forget weekly start.

• Like 3

There’s only a dozen QBs better than him. Must start. No I don’t think so unless it’s a 2QB league. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Krambone said:

There’s only a dozen QBs better than him. Must start. No I don’t think so unless it’s a 2QB league. 

12? I couldn’t name you 5 QBs i’d rather have in fantasy over Lamar.

• Thanks 2

While it's frustrating, he still put up 12 points, which was better than a lot of other QBs, namely Aaron Rodgers.

5 hours ago, this guy right here said:

SEA- ARI = hot garbage. Brees and Goff put up good numbers. If Lamar IS a good QB he should handle them.

Brees didn't play against SEA, and Bridgewater threw for <200 yards on them, that game was basically the Alvin Kamara show.

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

Lamar Jackson is currently a top 5 fantasy QB. There's really 12 other QBs you'd rather have than him? I'm not sure if you're trolling or just don't know how number work. 

Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Prescott, Wentz, not to mention the GoATs Brady,Breese, Rodgers.. the up n coming guys   Mayfield, Murray,Allen,Minshew. Then the all pros Ryan, Cam, Stafford, Rivers. Yeah a lot of QBs! Not some gimmick who can’t throw the ball with any consistency. He’s a good runner though. That does not constitute a good QB.. lol let alone people are saying this guys elite. GTFO.  He can’t play pop warner teams every week like when he actually looked good. Hahaha.

Edited by tonycpsu

13 hours ago, this guy right here said:

I'll give you NE and BUF.

LAR - 7th in pts/g WHILE hold NO to 9 pts at home with Bridgewater and CLE to 13 pts with their O-Line mess. Lit up by Wilson and JAMEIS WINSTON at home.

SF- Off to a good start, much like Lamar until this week, against poor competition. CIN = hot garbage. PIT is no longer an offensive threat. Winston held in check....again, by everyone but the daunting LAR.

HOU- They still have names. Their front seven are good but their secondary is old. 30+ pts to Brees and Ryan. Again, this is where Lamar can distinguish himself as the star I don't believe him to be yet. Held Rivers in check but that team is decimated.  Held back up Kyle Allen in check.

NYJ- Their corners are a joke. Even if they weren't, if Darnold doesn't doesn't come back anyone they play will have the ball 75% of the time.

Context.

SF is a legit team, people are sleeping on their defense. Very talented group, with Nick Bosa too . Literally just murked Cleveland today, kept them at 3 points. NE , BUF , both tough matchups . SEA at home are always tough, and they do have Jadeveon Clowney now who is getting more and more familiar with their system, their secondary just blows, that's the main issue with Seattle. But not like Lamar is an all world passer or anything. And finally week 16 , they face a divisional game @ CLE , which could be an ugly game. Could.  The rest, more or less I agree with you .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Krambone said:

Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Prescott, Wentz, not to mention the GoATs Brady,Breese, Rodgers.. the up n coming guys   Mayfield, Murray,Allen,Minshew. Then the all pros Ryan, Cam, Stafford, Rivers. Yeah a lot of QBs! Not some gimmick who can’t throw the ball with any consistency. He’s a good runner though. That does not constitute a good QB.. lol let alone people are saying this guys elite. GTFO.  He can’t play pop warner teams every week like when he actually looked good. Hahaha.

We are talking about fantasy, not real life.  Go troll somewhere else.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Man, people are way too hard on this guy.  Through 5 weeks, he has had 3 fantastic games, one average and one below average.  Ranked 2nd on the year...

It may look ugly but it doesn’t matter for fantasy purposes.  Besides Mahomes/Watson and maybe Wilson, who else has his upside? 

Tons of guys drafted ahead of him who are performing poorly yet this guy gets all the negative talk.

Love him or hate him, the guy’s game is fantasy friendly and an easy set n forget weekly start.

I don't think it's people being too hard on him as much as it is people in this thread acting like Lamar is all of the sudden going to be QB1. He had a good start against horrible defenses (and yes as a Chiefs fan I include them unlike others here), and he's going to regress. He's not a bad fantasy play. I'd probably start him every week. But he's a top 10 guy, not a top 3-5 guy for a lot of people and those on the bandwagon here will argue it to the death. Such is rotoworld 🤣

• Like 2

11.86 fantasy points on the first drive...the only QB that can do that. 

2 rush attempts for 57 yards and a TD. 

• Like 2