Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

I've been a Lamar truther since pre-draft but I also can see the bad match-up...especially going against the best defense BB has ever assembled.  He will certainly game plan take him out of the running game and force Lamar to throw the ball to beat them.

We'll also have to see if Marquise Brown will play - he makes a big difference for that team.

Could still have a decent floor but no change this is a ceiling game.  I can just envision him being frustrated the entire game with the way they will defend him.

We know BB will try to force Lamar to throw instead of run, but do we think he can really prevent him from running? He is really fast and makes quick cuts, rolls out of the pocket smart, can even break tackles.  How much can they limit his run game really? I know this defense is the best football has ever seen but, we haven't seen many QBs who rush like Lamar.  Idk maybe I'm biased.

13 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

I like Action Jackson. But I am going to sit him for Russ Wilson this week.

This or Aaron Rodgers is fine, but other options are questionable

I wish I had some of the options mentioned in this thread (Stafford, Rodgers, Wilson). Unfortunately I do not so will be rolling him out there. 

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I wish I had some of the options mentioned in this thread (Stafford, Rodgers, Wilson). Unfortunately I do not so will be rolling him out there. 

I think you're gonna win

I’m also in the Lamar/Stafford boat. Also having the NE defense, I feel like starting Lamar is kind of hedging my bet there. 

I have Allen and will probably start him over Jackson. I could see this being a really low scoring affair and, like someone else said, a good floor but bad ceiling game. 

I couldn't live with myself if I had benched the QB that ruined NE's perfect season.  Let's do this Lamar!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mr_Baller said:

I like Action Jackson. But I am going to sit him for Russ Wilson this week.

nice brag post bro 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fullonchubb said:

We know BB will try to force Lamar to throw instead of run, but do we think he can really prevent him from running? He is really fast and makes quick cuts, rolls out of the pocket smart, can even break tackles.  How much can they limit his run game really? I know this defense is the best football has ever seen but, we haven't seen many QBs who rush like Lamar.  Idk maybe I'm biased.

NE is going to go one on one in the secondary and load the box. They'll  roll the dice in letting Hollywood beat them. Probably spy Jackson as well.

Jackson hasn't exactly lit it up when he's faced halfway decent D's this year. NE isn't halfway decent. They're damn good.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Deke said:

I’m also in the Lamar/Stafford boat. Also having the NE defense, I feel like starting Lamar is kind of hedging my bet there. 

Lamar/Josh Allen for me, but yeah, I feel like I'm going to hedge Lamar with my NE defense. It's looking like a play-it-safe week.

25 minutes ago, TheFantasyFootballGods said:

How many guys here risking lamar jackson this week against the patriots

See above.

I feel like there are a lot of streamers this week that may not have the L-Jax ceiling, but will get you a safe 15-20 points. We don't just have to worry about a floor game with L-Jax this week, we have to worry about a Darnold-sees-dead-people 5-pick negative-points disaster. Is it as likely as what happened with Darnold? Probably not. But the risk is non-zero. Meanwhile the odds of a ceiling game are pretty close to zero.

I'm going to roll with a streamer. Whichever guy I pick is probably going to outscore our guy, and I don't see a lot of scenarios where I'm leaving more than 10 points on the bench.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I feel like there are a lot of streamers this week that may not have the L-Jax ceiling, but will get you a safe 15-20 points. We don't just have to worry about a floor game with L-Jax this week, we have to worry about a Darnold-sees-dead-people 5-pick negative-points disaster. Is it as likely as what happened with Darnold? Probably not. But the risk is non-zero. Meanwhile the odds of a ceiling game are pretty close to zero.

I'm going to roll with a streamer. Whichever guy I pick is probably going to outscore our guy, and I don't see a lot of scenarios where I'm leaving more than 10 points on the bench.

Really no right or wrong. I like my other matchups so if Lamar under performs I should offset it. Not really relying on him to blow up.

I'm benching him for Darnold in 6pt passing TD league. Hopefully he goes off and proves matchup proof, but it'll be on my bench

Love Lamar and was a huge believer in him pre-draft; extremely pleased with his return on investment.  That said, NE DEF is not to be fvcked with.  I don't care if they haven't been tested, I'm not going to see if they pass the test that Baltimore brings (not exactly barn burner unstoppable, possibly missing Hollywood Brown, etc)  

I'm starting Josh Allen over Lamar in one league and Matt Stafford over Lamar in another. 

Going Dak over him this week but I honestly wouldn’t be concerned to start Lamar if I had to. 

3 hours ago, TheFantasyFootballGods said:

How many guys here risking lamar jackson this week against the patriots

I'm fortunate to be able to sit him for Wilson. I think if anybody in the league can figure out how to take away what he's good at and make him play outside his comfort zone it's BB, especially with this defense. I love Lamar but I'm not sure he's ready for this level of opponent yet. I will be happy to be proved wrong. 

6 hours ago, eg4190 said:

a Darnold-sees-dead-people 5-pick negative-points disaster.

Man, this killed me! 😂

4 hours ago, jonasdash said:

Love Lamar and was a huge believer in him pre-draft; extremely pleased with his return on investment.  That said, NE DEF is not to be fvcked with.  I don't care if they haven't been tested, I'm not going to see if they pass the test that Baltimore brings (not exactly barn burner unstoppable, possibly missing Hollywood Brown, etc)  

I'm starting Josh Allen over Lamar in one league and Matt Stafford over Lamar in another. 

Rolling out Jockstrap Minshew (vs HOU) over LJ this week with confidence. I don't think BB respects the Ravens passing game, so we're probably looking at constant pressure and stacked boxes. Let's see...