Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, whadeeb said:

#1 qb right atm, I just wont sit him. 

In what format? He isnt 1 in any of my leagues.

14 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

20th leading passer

10th leading rusher

If you have better options (Wilson, Stafford certainly), I'd go with them.  But if you have to play him, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

[...]

Marquis Brown being back is big.

I'm really excited about the game on a non fantasy level.  I just want to see the chess match between Belichick and Harbaugh.  Should be fun.

If Lamar gets 20, I'll be happy.  Think it's very possible 

FWIW, I'd go with Wilson, Stafford, Rodgers, Dak over Lamar.

Maybe Watson, Allen, Winston, Carr.

Not Brady, Cousins, Minshew, Brissett, Wentz, KC QB, Tannehill, Jones, Mayfield, Darnold.

You mean 10th leading rusher including running backs. 

Obviously he's #1 in rushing for a QB. 

The fact that he's top 10 among running backs is insane. It makes it seem silly to consider not starting him. 

You're getting an RB and a QB in your QB slot. This is what I've been trying to tell people. With Lamar, you essentially get an extra RB slot on your roster. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

You mean 10th leading rusher including running backs. 

Obviously he's #1 in rushing for a QB. 

The fact that he's top 10 among running backs is insane. It makes it seem silly to consider not starting him. 

You're getting an RB and a QB in your QB slot. This is what I've been trying to tell people. With Lamar, you essentially get an extra RB slot on your roster. 

That is not how it works sir.

• Haha 2

And like all RB he doesn’t throw with much accuracy or touch. Cam lite.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Krambone said:

And like all RB he doesn’t throw with much accuracy or touch. Cam lite.

I'm sorry, you're talking about Josh Allen.

Jackson is more like a little bigger Vick, with more accuracy, slightly less arm, slightly less agility and acceleration, with comparable speed

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I'm sorry, you're talking about Josh Allen.

Jackson is more like a little bigger Vick, with more accuracy, slightly less arm, slightly less agility and acceleration, with comparable speed

At what point of Vick’s career? I think he’s every bit as athletic on every level. I’d rather have Vick as a passer, though. Especially the latter half of his career. As of this second, that is. Jackson will improve to some degree as a passer. 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

That is not how it works sir.

Of course not literally.

But it essentially works out that way when you consider most QB's give you less than 10 rushing yards per game. 

And Jackson gives you 66.7 rushing yards per game so far this year. 

So assuming he has a decent passing day, he's giving you another dimension of scoring that no other QB does. 

The next best QB rushing wise is Murray at 34.4 yards per game. 

I still don't think people understand how advantageous Jackson's rushing is for establishing a higher floor, especially compared to free agent QBs. 

But the Hoodie Devil has spent many weeks scheming to limit Lamar’s rushing yards and force him to make tough throws (Hoodie has had this date circled on the calendar for a long time as a statement game to counter the narrative that he’s just bullying bad teams). We’ve already seen L-Jax post a multi-pick game against the Steelers. He had 70 rushing yards in that game and finished with 13 points (he threw 1 TD in that game).

I think it’s a mistake to treat the Steelers game as his floor. His floor is being limited to more like 30 rushing yards, with three picks and no TDs. If L-Jax lights up the Pats, I’ll never doubt him again during that tough Week 12-14 stretch. But this feels like a single-digit game for him (I’ll be happy to get a “this post didn’t age well” tomorrow night).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mbell317 said:

Of course not literally.

But it essentially works out that way when you consider most QB's give you less than 10 rushing yards per game. 

And Jackson gives you 66.7 rushing yards per game so far this year. 

So assuming he has a decent passing day, he's giving you another dimension of scoring that no other QB does. 

The next best QB rushing wise is Murray at 34.4 yards per game. 

I still don't think people understand how advantageous Jackson's rushing is for establishing a higher floor, especially compared to free agent QBs. 

Nope.

• Haha 1

I am not sold on Lamar Jackson the passer, although he has been better in that area than I expected.

The Patriots have been especially rough on young quarterbacks this year and in recent years.  I expect BB to force Jackson to stay in the pocket and make accurate throws into very tight windows.

I'll be tuning in, if possible, to see if that works.  Jackson was terrific in the Raven's road win at Seattle, so we'll see tonight if he can use his amazing athleticism to overcome.

12 hours ago, itschief33 said:

At what point of Vick’s career? I think he’s every bit as athletic on every level. I’d rather have Vick as a passer, though. Especially the latter half of his career. As of this second, that is. Jackson will improve to some degree as a passer. 

Statistically hes already better than vick both running and passing. Hes on pace for over 1200 rushing yards. Vick is the only qb to break 1000 rushing yards and he barely did it once. And in that year he had less that 2500 passing yards and only 20 tds and 13 ints. In his best passing season he was with andy reid and passed for 3300 yards in 13 starts with 18 tds and 14 ints. Jackson is on pace for over 3700 yards 25 tds and 11 ints. All this in just his 2nd season.

That being said he will probably look foolish tonight against dem pats

Edited by Stonej14
  • Haha 2

It was pretty clear already but is there anybody out there who still doesn't think he's a set and forget QB? If you sat this guy for the likes of Gardner Minshew or other bad to average QBs with a better match up, you need your head testing.

Edited by Sartorialism

6 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

It was pretty clear already but is there anybody out there who still doesn't think he's a set and forget QB? If you sat this guy for the likes of Gardner Minshew or other bad to average QBs with a better match up, you need your head testing.

I think this guy might have sat him 👇🏼

14 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Statistically hes already better than vick both running and passing. Hes on pace for over 1200 rushing yards. Vick is the only qb to break 1000 rushing yards and he barely did it once. And in that year he had less that 2500 passing yards and only 20 tds and 13 ints. In his best passing season he was with andy reid and passed for 3300 yards in 13 starts with 18 tds and 14 ints. Jackson is on pace for over 3700 yards 25 tds and 11 ints. All this in just his 2nd season.

That being said he will probably look foolish tonight against dem pats

There’s a reason Michael Vick praised Lamar. He sees something in him that reminds him of himself.

lamar is the truth! 

Had him last yr and this yr 

just sad now everyone in my league is going to want to draft him after they talked so much crap about him not being a real qb. 

He gets it done both ways he’s only going to get better 

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

This year’s NFL MVP.

Although i do agree 

i just think cmc has got this. The things he’s doing are just out of this world. Only 2 other RB have won MVP 

AP averaged 114 yds per game 

LT averaged 145

now cmc has averaged 155 

its a close one but i think he’s got lamar beat in the MVP race 

I sat him today for Rodgers for the first time since Week 1, and we all saw how that went.  I think I’m just gonna start Lamar every week moving forward.  Rodgers might drop a 40 bomb here and there, but Jackson’s floor is so much higher.

As long as he stays healthy, he should be in your lineup unless you have someone like Wilson or Mahomes.

13 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

lol MVP, set and forget🤷‍♂️

Lamar is making people look at quarterbacks differently in fantasy. Does he score points? Who cares how. Lock him in. Put him in a can. He's recession proof.

Edited by GarrettHasTheClap

It was the confidence I found most impressive. He looked incredibly poised. Still a lot of room for improvement, but man it’s been a fun season w Lamar 

32 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

It was the confidence I found most impressive. He looked incredibly poised. Still a lot of room for improvement, but man it’s been a fun season w Lamar 

Yup specially when he ran the ball in but got stopped at the one. Then a few plays later he goes for it again. I loved that. His rushing upside is soo good