Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

If you can have “QB/WR” eligibility, anything is possible.

15 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Let's not confuse individual examples with overall trends.

- yes there are productive rookie WRs

- but 90% of rookie WRs don't produce, including first rounders. 

Source? That's not true.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Source? That's not true.

Last year there was 35 rookie wrs.

Calvin Ridley finished wr19 the next closest rookie was DJ moore at wr38. 

1 for 35 is closer to 97% of wrs not being useful 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

Last year there was 35 rookie wrs.

Calvin Ridley finished wr19 the next closest rookie was DJ moore at wr38. 

1 for 35 is closer to 97% of wrs not being useful 

I guess it depends on what you call productive. I'll just agree to disagree. 

Everyone knows Lamar Jackson totally sucks at throwing the ball. They were trying to sugarcoat it just now on the NFL network. Well...um..... you can do this or that. :lol:

7 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Everyone knows Lamar Jackson totally sucks at throwing the ball. They were trying to sugarcoat it just now on the NFL network. Well...um..... you can do this or that. :lol:

I wouldnt say he totally sucks but he'll never be pat mahomes. The best passer he'll prolly ever hope to be is donovan mcnabb-ish. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I wouldnt say he totally sucks but he'll never be pat mahomes. The best passer he'll prolly ever hope to be is donovan mcnabb-ish. 

I'd say Vince Young-ish

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Anyone see mike Vick lite?

Nah. Vick could make all the throws.

14 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I'd say Vince Young-ish

Oh now that's just insulting hes as good as Vince young now And lamar was slightly better than a dumpster fire passing wise. 

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Nah. Vick could make all the throws.

Vick had a cannon but only broke 3000 passing yards 2 times in his career with the eagles when he wasnt bear the runner he used to be. Maybe lamar never gets 3000 yards but it would be "Vick lite" statistically speaking to get 2500. Seems doable 

5 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Oh now that's just insulting hes as good as Vince young now And lamar was slightly better than a dumpster fire passing wise. 

Vick had a cannon but only broke 3000 passing yards 2 times in his career with the eagles when he wasnt bear the runner he used to be. Maybe lamar never gets 3000 yards but it would be "Vick lite" statistically speaking to get 2500. Seems doable 

Yeah Vince Young was Hyperbole. But so is McNabb. Prime McNabb was really good.

At this point he reminds me more of Tebow than anyone else. Or even Josh Allen of the Bills. His throwing was awful last season and he was running at a ridiculous rate. Reminds me of Tebow.

34 minutes ago, devaster said:

At this point he reminds me more of Tebow than anyone else. Or even Josh Allen of the Bills. His throwing was awful last season and he was running at a ridiculous rate. Reminds me of Tebow.

Tebow is exactly right actually.

58 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Yeah Vince Young was Hyperbole. But so is McNabb. Prime McNabb was really good.

In real life McNabb was pretty awesome for a stretch but his best season was 3800 yards and 31 tds and rushed for 400 yards. His next best season is either his 3900 yards and 22 TDs or his 3200 yard and 25 td seasons. Other than those three the rest are pretty mediocre. Only passed for over 3500 yards three times. 

That's not setting the world on fire and its mitchel trubisky stats today.

I said the best he could hope to be is mcnabb so I stand by it. But I could just be too optimistic. However I do realize he was awful and might not be worth a damn.

7 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

In real life McNabb was pretty awesome for a stretch but his best season was 3800 yards and 31 tds and rushed for 400 yards. His next best season is either his 3900 yards and 22 TDs or his 3200 yard and 25 td seasons. Other than those three the rest are pretty mediocre. Only passed for over 3500 yards three times. 

I said the best he could hope to be is mcnabb so I stand by it. But I could just be too optimistic. However I do realize he was awful and might not be worth a damn.

Comparing stats/box scores in different eras is futile.

Marquise Brown operating in this offense boosts lamar, he can catch balls antwhere on the field and turn them into big plays.  definitely my late round QB pick now

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

nonsense. lamar jackson is the spitting image of sammy baugh, who led QBs in rushing towards the end of the Great Depression and into WWII.

it's like they're twins: same exact form

61670b_lg.jpeg

Screen-Shot-2018-11-21-at-10.10.40-AM.pn

17 minutes ago, devaster said:

Its futile if your comparing to see who is better or worse. 

I was comparing them to say that maybe lamar at his best could produce passing stats similar to donavan. For points or stats projections. 

32 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

People pass a ton more these days so maybe. He'll never be as good as McNabb. Not close IMO.

7 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Its futile if your comparing to see who is better or worse. 

I was comparing them to say that maybe lamar at his best could produce passing stats similar to donavan. For points or stats projections. 

McNabb finished top 3 in fantasy his best year. So I think it's more pertinent to say you think Lamar has top 3 potential; rather than compare stats.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:50 AM, Stonej14 said:

Rookie wrs dont usually produce. That year with Evan's, odell, Benjamin, was an extreme outlier. So I dont know if lamar gets much help from wrs and a worse defense means the offense will have to score more. I feel like if his passing game improves just a little and even if his rushing game decreases hes gotta still be a late round steal right?

I think Brown will help for sure.

18 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

McNabb finished top 3 in fantasy his best year. So I think it's more pertinent to say you think Lamar has top 3 potential; rather than compare stats.

Well I dont think he has top 3 potential. That was one hell of a season for mcnabb but it was by far his best and mostly an outlier. McNabb broke 3500 yards 3 times but passed for 3300 or less 8 times (injured years included) I think in today's game lamar could get 3300 yards a few times.

I mean as a piss poor rookie lamarr got 1200 in 8 games. Mcnabb got 900 in 6 games his rookie year. I'm too young too remember but I'm sure some eagles fans thought that was some pretty bad passing too.

Its just too early to just right lamar off as tim tebow Specially since lamar was pretty successful passing the ball in college (far better than tebow) in a tough conference with literally no help. I think he played with 1 player on offense who went pro, a tackle. 

5 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Well I dont think he has top 3 potential. That was one hell of a season for mcnabb but it was by far his best and mostly an outlier. McNabb broke 3500 yards 3 times but passed for 3300 or less 8 times (injured years included) I think in today's game lamar could get 3300 yards a few times.

I mean as a piss poor rookie lamarr got 1200 in 8 games. Mcnabb got 900 in 6 games his rookie year. I'm too young too remember but I'm sure some eagles fans thought that was some pretty bad passing too.

Its just too early to just right lamar off as tim tebow Specially since lamar was pretty successful passing the ball in college (far better than tebow) in a tough conference with literally no help. I think he played with 1 player on offense who went pro, a tackle. 

Didn't Lamar play with Devante Parker? Might be off a year.

That was McNabbs best year, but he was top 10 in fantasy the majority of his career.

13 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Didn't Lamar play with Devante Parker? Might be off a year.

That was McNabbs best year, but he was top 10 in fantasy the majority of his career.

Nah that was teddy bridgwater went pro as lamarr came in..

Well like we said its different eras. 3300 and 21tds isnt top 10 anymore even counting his rushing stats hes just got trubisky numbers. But hes clearly better than trubisky. Even his top 3 season just qb 6-ish or 7-ish today. 

Am I luring you any closer to this fantasy player comp or is it still just too outlandish for ya?

Edited by Stonej14

12 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Nah that was teddy bridgwater went pro as lamarr came in..

Well like we said its different eras. 3300 and 21tds isnt top 10 anymore even counting his rushing stats hes just got trubisky numbers. But hes clearly better than trubisky. Even his top 3 season just qb 6-ish or 7-ish today. 

Am I luring you any closer to this fantasy player comp or is it still just too outlandish for ya?

No I don't even think Lamar will be playing QB in a few years. If McNabb had won that SB he might be in the HOF. It's just not close for me.