Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

Lamar is making people look at quarterbacks differently in fantasy. Does he score points? Who cares how. Lock him in. Put him in a can.

He's recession proof.

REGRESSION? 😂

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

REGRESSION? 😂

Nah. This dude bout to cash out on his next contract and be recession proof. 

• Haha 5

Bench Lamar they said. Roll with Minshew or Brissett for one more week they said. LOL 💥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2019 at 8:48 PM, eg4190 said:

But the Hoodie Devil has spent many weeks scheming to limit Lamar’s rushing yards and force him to make tough throws (Hoodie has had this date circled on the calendar for a long time as a statement game to counter the narrative that he’s just bullying bad teams). We’ve already seen L-Jax post a multi-pick game against the Steelers. He had 70 rushing yards in that game and finished with 13 points (he threw 1 TD in that game).

I think it’s a mistake to treat the Steelers game as his floor. His floor is being limited to more like 30 rushing yards, with three picks and no TDs. If L-Jax lights up the Pats, I’ll never doubt him again during that tough Week 12-14 stretch. But this feels like a single-digit game for him (I’ll be happy to get a “this post didn’t age well” tomorrow night).

This post didnt age well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Gravy said:

This post didnt age well. 

And I’ve never been happier about that! Turns out a defense that’s merely very good can look terrifying when they only play against teams like the Jets, Dolphins, and Redskins for half the season.

Never sitting L-Jax again. Luckily benching him didn’t cost me my matchup.

• Like 1

Fantastic showing for Lamar.  Had him on the bench for Stafford. Didn't miss out on much but felt dirty sitting Lamar.

This kid just beat the juggernaut Defense everyone's scared of. If that's not a huge statement then I dunno.  Never will bench him again. Lesson learned

52 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Fantastic showing for Lamar.  Had him on the bench for Stafford. Didn't miss out on much but felt dirty sitting Lamar.

This kid just beat the juggernaut Defense everyone's scared of. If that's not a huge statement then I dunno.  Never will bench him again. Lesson learned

It's possible the Pats D was buoyed by playing historically bad offenses. But yes, lesson learned. I won't ever bench Lamar again. I deserve to lose this week. 

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Only potential landmine left on the schedule is SF.

And not sure I could bench him.

Same team that Kyler Murray and Kenyan Drake just trounced? Not worried.

5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I don't think you can bench him against anyone. His rushing alone gives him a big floor and there is less of a chance he puts up a dud like Aaron Rodgers did yesterday than anyone else. 

10 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Nah. This dude bout to cash out on his next contract and be recession proof. 

Bruh I'm telling you! Do you know how many doors he's opened for these college guys? Jalen Hurts should shake his hand immediately. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

And that might not be as bad a matchup as it was earlier, as they lost one of their best linebackers, Kwon Alexander to IR this past week.  In week one, after Kwon was knocked out of the game, Ronald Jones was able to produce against the 49er's.  Christian McCaffrey also had a good day on the ground against the 49ers, even before Kwon got injured in that game.  Why do I keep listing RBs, because [more than?] half Lamar's production comes from rushing.

Edited by rocket
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atdharris said:

It's possible the Pats D was buoyed by playing historically bad offenses. But yes, lesson learned. I won't ever bench Lamar again. I deserve to lose this week. 

agree, but it's also possible Belicheck didn't want to tip his hand on how he would really play this kid in a playoff game......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AJdude said:

agree, but it's also possible Belicheck didn't want to tip his hand on how he would really play this kid in a playoff game......

Yeah making the Patriots look stupid was actually PART of the game plan.

Great running by the kid but I cannot fathom a Stud/Star WR wanting to play with him. 

• Haha 1

Lamar making fantasy football really fun this year.

Most satisfying of all, was socking it to New England D. Both for fantasy and real life purposes!

Haven't been in this thread for quite a few weeks, but thought I'd come back to eat crow. Lamar is the real deal (for fantasy purposes). I just hope he can stay upright. I think they could use a little more variance in his runs (he got stopped a few times when they knew it was coming). Obviously as an Ingram owner I wish they'd use him more and surprise more with Lamar, I think he'd see even bigger gains, but it's hard to knock what they are doing. I have a feeling he's going to be on a lot of championship teams.

• Like 1

Juicy week 10 match-up on tap...looking like another 30 burger from our boy Lamar 😎

22 hours ago, fullonchubb said:

Yeah making the Patriots look stupid was actually PART of the game plan.

Of course, he wasn't trying to lose the game, but much like a pre-season game, he could have been looking down the road to the playoffs where he may have chosen to hold back on some of his schemes to contain this guy.

11 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Comes down to earth against SF in a big way.

Lol people are still not convinced this guy is match-up proof.

Niners have a worst secondary than the Pats and they have been getting run on easily the past 3 games.  They are elite in pass rush but that defense has holes in it and look at their schedule so far.  They are good but certainly not a defense you can't exploit.  Also losing Kwon Alexander is huge...

Edited by ludawg23