Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

On 8/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, ludawg23 said:

He is being extremely undervalued at the moment.

Do not forget that he came in during the middle of the season last year in an offense that was not tailored to his strengths.

Greg Roman has scratched the offense and has created a new playbook entirely built around Lamar while adding Ingram/Hill and Brown/Boykins.  Don’t forget what Greg did for Kaepernick for fantasy purposes.

He was on pace to run for over 1200 yards and reports have it that he has really made some major strides to clean up his throwing and timing.  Having an entire offseason and camp as the QB1 will do wonders for his game.

His running gives him a safe floor each week and also massive upside.  A small improvement in his passing stats and you are looking at a fantasy monster who can be had in the double digit rounds.

People love Cam each season - he is basically the same player without all the noise.  What is the difference between Lamar and Cam back in 2011-2013? Both are run heavy, inaccurate passers,

Lamar should easily eclipse the rushing attempt record this season. 800-1000 rushing yards is well within reach here.  Buy Buy Buy.

On pace to shatter this projection...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AJdude said:

Of course, he wasn't trying to lose the game, but much like a pre-season game, he could have been looking down the road to the playoffs where he may have chosen to hold back on some of his schemes to contain this guy.

Sure, I see that.  Especially when the Pats know they are going to be in the playoffs and that they very well may play the Ravens to get to the Superbowl.  I just have to imagine more than likely is that he did what he though would contain Lamar and the Ravens and that turned out to not work.  So in the playoffs he will have more finely tuned his approach.

1 hour ago, AJdude said:

Of course, he wasn't trying to lose the game, but much like a pre-season game,

he could have been looking down the road to the playoffs where he may have chosen to hold back on some of his schemes

to contain this guy.

⁉️

🤔

🤦‍♂️

🤣

56 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Sure, I see that.  Especially when the Pats know they are going to be in the playoffs and that they very well may play the Ravens to get to the Superbowl.  I just have to imagine more than likely is that he did what he though would contain Lamar and the Ravens and that turned out to not work.  So in the playoffs he will have more finely tuned his approach.

Hoodie plays to win EVERY game🧐

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

⁉️

🤔

🤦‍♂️

🤣

Those look like the exact poster boards Belichek will have assistants hold up on the sideline to call in the defensive plays that he did not show the Ravens in the regular season.  

Again, you can try to win a game by holding back some of your cards.  Conflating my theory with the idea he was trying to lose the game is inaccurate.

Don't overcomplicate things. Watch the game and judge! How could you scheme against Lamar? One spy doesn't do anything, he will outrun the spy either to the sidelines or put a move on him in space. When teams decide to use 2 spy players on him, he either hands it off for an easy 5+ yard gain or throws to a wide open TE. And then I have seen plays where they got 2 spy players on him, yet Lamar still outran them. When they sell out on the read option, Lamar always has the option to pass. In this great offense made by Greg Roman, Lamar is almost like a cheat code!

Credit to the Pats though. They tried everything in their power to limit Lamar and you could tell - compared to all prior games - Lamar had to work really hard and fight for some really tough yards. Usually he just slices through defenses. This time the Pats tried to take away the edge, which worked well most of the time, and made him run inside like a power RB. Lamar answered the bell though. When the Pats blitzed and played tight man coverage, which they excel in, Lamar answered the bell again and threw accurate dimes. This guy is legit!

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, AJdude said:

Those look like the exact poster boards Belichek will have assistants hold up on the sideline to call in the defensive plays that he did not show the Ravens in the regular season.  

Again, you can try to win a game by holding back some of your cards.  Conflating my theory with the idea he was trying to lose the game is inaccurate.

You're drinking the Kool-Aid dude we can all see it.  You really think BB wouldn't have loved to dispel on all the hype around this game going in?  The Ravens bested the Pats in this matchup plain and simple.

9 hours ago, AJdude said:

Dude you are making ZERO sense. This is defense not offense where the team saves a gimmick fake punt,wild cat or flea flicker play for the playoffs. 

Hoodie puts together a defensive plan he thinks will limit the opponents offensive production.  He is not holding back any defensive cards. He puts together what he thinks will work that week and the team practices that plan.

Now what happens after a game is the coaches analyze the teams performance on tape and then they look at what worked and what failed and put together a plan on what they think may work next time based on current personnel. The chargers did the same thing against the Ravens last season when they adapted their defense in the wild card after getting defeated in the regular season a couple of weeks prior. 

The thought that hoodie was "holding back" in a loss, in anticipation of the playoffs is simply ridiculous and is more "fan" thinking than logical process. The pat defense was beaten because the couldnt stop the run game, it's that simple

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Dude you are making ZERO sense. This is defense not offense where the team saves a gimmick fake punt,wild cat or flea flicker play for the playoffs. 

Hoodie puts together a defensive plan he thinks will limit the opponents offensive production.  He is not holding back any defensive cards. He puts together what he thinks will work that week and the team practices that plan.

Now what happens after a game is the coaches analyze the teams performance on tape and then they look at what worked and what failed and put together a plan on what they think may work next time based on current personnel. The chargers did the same thing against the Ravens last season when they adapted their defense in the wild card after getting defeated in the regular season a couple of weeks prior. 

The thought that hoodie was "holding back" in a loss, in anticipation of the playoffs is simply ridiculous and is more "fan" thinking than logical process. The pat defense was beaten because the couldnt stop the run game, it's that simple

This guy gets it. Don’t be surprised if the Pats do a much better job against Lamar in the playoffs... but it won’t be because they held back schemes, etc. in this last matchup, it’ll be because they will have weeks to analyze this game tape and develop something tailored to stopping Jackson.

Of course it won’t matter for us fantasy owners at that point, since hopefully Lamar will have already delivered us the Championship. 🙌🏻

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Not a Pats fan, just an observer.  Maybe "holding back" is the wrong choice of words.  Perhaps he has multiple schemes that he believed might work, and chose the less complicated one to install for this week, ok with the idea he wasn't presenting his 'best" gameplan for stopping Lamar.

It's really not that far fetched, and I'd like to think makes a little more than zero sense.  Maybe 35% sense? 

Please, assign a number value of your approval that exceeds 0% so I can proceed with my day.

26 minutes ago, AJdude said:

Not a Pats fan, just an observer.  Maybe "holding back" is the wrong choice of words.  Perhaps he has multiple schemes that he believed might work, and chose the less complicated one to install for this week, ok with the idea he wasn't presenting his 'best" gameplan for stopping Lamar.

It's really not that far fetched, and I'd like to think makes a little more than zero sense.  Maybe 35% sense? 

Please, assign a number value of your approval that exceeds 0% so I can proceed with my day.

🤔

🤔

👉  .000000001%

• Like 1

So apparently he's sick? NFL fantasy app says there is no reason to expect he doesn't play this weekend but, a DNP tag on him on Thursday practice concerns me greatly.

12 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

So apparently he's sick? NFL fantasy app says there is no reason to expect he doesn't play this weekend but, a DNP tag on him on Thursday practice concerns me greatly.

He's feeling under the weather and they're letting him rest.. chill lol

1 minute ago, greatestmetfan said:

He's feeling under the weather and they're letting him rest.. chill lol

I'm a simple man, I see a DNP tag on a player and I get concerned.  Especially on my fantasy MVP.

Every day I come on here I am amazed at the theories I've seen on here. Lamar had a good game because the Pats wanted to try some stuff. This was a dress rehearsal basically.  Maybe the Patriots aren't good the teams they were playing were trying some different schemes and putting their players on the injury report who weren't even hurt.

Is Belichick Thanos and he can just snap his finger and Lamar throws 4 ints and is sacked 5 times? It's so unbelievable that the Ravens, breaking news, actually having a coaching staff that prepared a professional football team to win a game? 

But Joey "The Fire Hydrant " Jurnigan from Bowling Green Community College who some one on here is scouting scores a td and he's the next Barry Sanders if the starter gets hurt! Pure entertainment 😂

I wish the NFL reported more specifics about illnesses. Quite a range between the sniffles and the flu.

Some say Mike Evans’s slow start was partly due to the illness he had.

I still see a Q tag next to Jackson on ESPN. WTH is going on here?

This dude is unreal. He's truly changing the QB mold, Vick was good but not like Lamar. He's still gotta put the years in like Vick but wow wow wow.  By far the most exciting thing on the field to watch.  That 47 yard TD was like Madden on rookie difficulty lol

• Like 1

This guy is just unreal in both fantasy and real life.  I hope he stays upright for most of his career because he’s truly special to watch.  

I’ll take this guy with my first pick next year if I’m lucky. Tired of getting bust after bust in the first 2 rounds. Lamar and Mahomes are first round material, plain and simple

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Run of the year?

Unreal.  That juke was so hard the one dude fell over just watching it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jackson is another overrated third running back that is the mirror of a Micheal Vick. We all know how that turned out. These guys are flashy but they are not Brady. They played the worst team Bengals in the NFL and are in the AFC Central which is the worst division in Football. Give it time and he will be another one that that will give a good show on Sunday but will never lead them to the SB.

• Haha 2