Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 6/3/2019 at 11:08 PM, Stonej14 said:

Baker Mayfield first 187 passes: 57.7% 5 tds 5 ints

Lamar Jackson threw 170 passes: 58.2% 6tds 3 ints

 

Just putting this out there

Ironically, Mayfield would go on to break the NFL record for TD passes by a rookie, despite starting only 13 games. Which is quite surprising considering your stat clearly proves that Lamar Jackson is as good a passer, if not better than, Baker Mayfield.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Ironically, Mayfield would go on to break the NFL record for TD passes by a rookie, despite starting only 13 games. Which is quite surprising considering your stat clearly proves that Lamar Jackson is as good a passer, if not better than, Baker Mayfield.

 

Lamar would of had that record if he had 6 more games to play like baker did.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

 

Wow reading these last few posts have made me realize how lucky I've been. 

I just blindly assumed going really cheap on qbs was still the way to go because you can round up the mitchell trubiskys for next to nothing and end up with good qb play but the last few posts have me questioning my tactics.

 

I haven't played one of those 2 QB leagues since 2014 or 15. 

 

Brian already said it's a potentially dated strategy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

I haven't played one of those 2 QB leagues since 2014 or 15. 

 

Brian already said it's a potentially dated strategy. 

 

Maybe we need 3 QB leagues now.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is the better late round flier QB, Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen?  Both running QB's with questionable passing ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Who is the better late round flier QB, Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen?  Both running QB's with questionable passing ability.

 

Jackson definitely seems to have the safer floor, just based on the offense he plays in.  I'd say Allen has a bit higher ceiling because if everything breaks right for Buffalo, he has the better arm.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Who is the better late round flier QB, Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen?  Both running QB's with questionable passing ability.

 

1 minute ago, handyandy86 said:

 

Jackson definitely seems to have the safer floor, just based on the offense he plays in.  I'd say Allen has a bit higher ceiling because if everything breaks right for Buffalo, he has the better arm.  

 

Totally agree with @handyandy86

That run that was called back last night was special and shows you how explosive Jackson can be. While both have shown inconsistencies in the passing game, I slightly prefer Allen and his big arm at this point. Allen definitely has less questions about his passing ability than Jackson. It's close though since Jackson is in his ideal system on a team that will be very competitive in 2019.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

 

 

Totally agree with @handyandy86

That run that was called back last night was special and shows you how explosive Jackson can be. While both have shown inconsistencies in the passing game, I slightly prefer Allen and his big arm at this point. Allen definitely has less questions about his passing ability than Jackson. It's close though since Jackson is in his ideal system on a team that will be very competitive in 2019.

 

Are they both better than Tebow was at passing?  Tebow was a solid QB1, and I don't think his running was all that much better than these 2 either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Who is the better late round flier QB, Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen?  Both running QB's with questionable passing ability.

 

Get them both

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, Brownsfan74 said:

Who is the better late round flier QB, Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen?  Both running QB's with questionable passing ability.

Lamar seems a lot more interesting to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many of the "experts" are predicting he'll have a Mike Vick like season. Who knows but at a price of round 10 or 11 I'll take that chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, Brownsfan74 said:

Who is the better late round flier QB, Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen?  Both running QB's with questionable passing ability.

I'd go with Lamar Jackson because he is a dual threat. It isn't like he doesn't have an arm at all and had capable receivers especially the big TE's to haul in those receptions. He is also a great threat to score those red zone rushing TD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Jackson to perform well this year. Very nice floor if he is going to get 50-60 yards rushing every game. Give me a TD every other game and that works out to 8-9 points every week just for his running stats. If he can get close to averaging 175 yds and a TD every game passing and we are looking at 20-21 pts per game. Pretty sure he was close to that when he took over last year. A little improvement and he is going to be a late round gem. His rushing numbers really raise his floor a ton.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 9:35 PM, Onion said:

I like Jackson to perform well this year. Very nice floor if he is going to get 50-60 yards rushing every game. Give me a TD every other game and that works out to 8-9 points every week just for his running stats. If he can get close to averaging 175 yds and a TD every game passing and we are looking at 20-21 pts per game. Pretty sure he was close to that when he took over last year. A little improvement and he is going to be a late round gem. His rushing numbers really raise his floor a ton.

 

Lamar jackson is probably gonna steal so many redzone TDs too. He led his college teams in rushing TDs (50 tds in 3 years) by a wide margin and something like 85% of those tds came inside the redzone. He had more rushing yards and TDs in college than saquon barkely. I'm not saying hes gonna outproduce saquon now but he looks to score with his legs he should have a very high floor.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:17 AM, Brownsfan74 said:

 

Are they both better than Tebow was at passing?  Tebow was a solid QB1, and I don't think his running was all that much better than these 2 either.

Tebow isnt as good as either of these two at running (or passing). In 7 games Lamar passed tebows career high rushing season and allen fell 30 yards short of it in 11 games and had 40 less Carries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is being extremely undervalued at the moment.

 

Do not forget that he came in during the middle of the season last year in an offense that was not tailored to his strengths.

 

Greg Roman has scratched the offense and has created a new playbook entirely built around Lamar while adding Ingram/Hill and Brown/Boykins.  Don’t forget what Greg did for Kaepernick for fantasy purposes.

 

He was on pace to run for over 1200 yards and reports have it that he has really made some major strides to clean up his throwing and timing.  Having an entire offseason and camp as the QB1 will do wonders for his game.

 

His running gives him a safe floor each week and also massive upside.  A small improvement in his passing stats and you are looking at a fantasy monster who can be had in the double digit rounds.

 

People love Cam each season - he is basically the same player without all the noise.  What is the difference between Lamar and Cam back in 2011-2013? Both are run heavy, inaccurate passers,

Lamar should easily eclipse the rushing attempt record this season. 800-1000 rushing yards is well within reach here.  Buy Buy Buy.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

He is being extremely undervalued at the moment.

 

Do not forget that he came in during the middle of the season last year in an offense that was not tailored to his strengths.

 

Greg Roman has scratched the offense and has created a new playbook entirely built around Lamar while adding Ingram/Hill and Brown/Boykins.  Don’t forget what Greg did for Kaepernick for fantasy purposes.

 

He was on pace to run for over 1200 yards and reports have it that he has really made some major strides to clean up his throwing and timing.  Having an entire offseason and camp as the QB1 will do wonders for his game.

 

His running gives him a safe floor each week and also massive upside.  A small improvement in his passing stats and you are looking at a fantasy monster who can be had in the double digit rounds.

 

People love Cam each season - he is basically the same player without all the noise.  What is the difference between Lamar and Cam back in 2011-2013? Both are run heavy, inaccurate passers,

Lamar should easily eclipse the rushing attempt record this season. 800-1000 rushing yards is well within reach here.  Buy Buy Buy.

 

 

This guy gets it. Drafted Lamar as my 2nd QB, but I bet I play him more than Rodgers. He was the #4 scoring QB in our league once he took over starting duties. If he progresses at all, Lamar owners are in for a great season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you all still seeing him last until rounds 11-12?  He went around pick 90-100 in a 1 QB 12 team standard league draft this week.  I wanted him and intended to reach a bit, but his early pick surprised me.  Honestly I think he can out-perform even that draft investment, but I was surprised how early he went.  Wasn’t sure if some mainstream resource was ranking him a lot higher and pushing up cost/awareness.

Edited by FeastMode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a ticket for this hype train at the low price of a 9th round pick in a 12 man league. Very excited. Choo Choo mutha f***as.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

He is being extremely undervalued at the moment.

 

Do not forget that he came in during the middle of the season last year in an offense that was not tailored to his strengths.

 

Greg Roman has scratched the offense and has created a new playbook entirely built around Lamar while adding Ingram/Hill and Brown/Boykins.  Don’t forget what Greg did for Kaepernick for fantasy purposes.

 

He was on pace to run for over 1200 yards and reports have it that he has really made some major strides to clean up his throwing and timing.  Having an entire offseason and camp as the QB1 will do wonders for his game.

 

His running gives him a safe floor each week and also massive upside.  A small improvement in his passing stats and you are looking at a fantasy monster who can be had in the double digit rounds.

 

People love Cam each season - he is basically the same player without all the noise.  What is the difference between Lamar and Cam back in 2011-2013? Both are run heavy, inaccurate passers,

Lamar should easily eclipse the rushing attempt record this season. 800-1000 rushing yards is well within reach here.  Buy Buy Buy.

 

☝️☝️☝️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onion said:

 

This guy gets it. Drafted Lamar as my 2nd QB, but I bet I play him more than Rodgers. He was the #4 scoring QB in our league once he took over starting duties. If he progresses at all, Lamar owners are in for a great season.

 

I drafted Lamar #153 in a 12 team league (12th round!!) I also drafted Rogers and I am convinced I am going to start Lamar Jackson against Miami over Rogers against the Bears. 

Edited by Athebaby7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, whoopsie said:

Bought a ticket for this hype train at the low price of a 9th round pick in a 12 man league. Very excited. Choo Choo mutha f***as.

Draft him as my Backup, behind R. Wilson in round 13. (!) Let's go!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FeastMode said:

Are you all still seeing him last until rounds 11-12?  He went around pick 90-100 in a 1 QB 12 team standard league draft this week.  I wanted him and intended to reach a bit, but his early pick surprised me.  Honestly I think he can out-perform even that draft investment, but I was surprised how early he went.  Wasn’t sure if some mainstream resource was ranking him a lot higher and pushing up cost/awareness.

I had the 12th slot and took LJ at the 85/86 (7th/8th turn) Felt that he would not last to my 108/109 (9th/10th turn). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

I had the 12th slot and took LJ at the 85/86 (7th/8th turn) Felt that he would not last to my 108/109 (9th/10th turn). 

Never feel bad about reaches like this. I reach for almost every pick and get trolled for it on the regular, always end up with a solid season at the end🤷‍♂️

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.