Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I AM the guy who said Lamar is the fantasy MVP bro  🤣

(we still don't care about your team beating the Lamar Jackson team bro) 😂

Looking at your team, Ekeler is your MVP, not Lamar. Dude is RB3 in PPR and he's been a backup the last two months. QBs are interchangeable, you must be new to FF. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I've stated my case on Lamar in the Jimmy Garoppolo thread while comparing their long term futures.  In my opinion, Lamar has had an amazing season and the Ravens have done a great job building the offense around his skills, but he stands little chance for long term success because he is really no different than the other handful of "never seen before" athletes that came before him who all flamed out of the league once they had to rely on pure passing (Kordell Stewart, RGIII, Kapernick) whether due to league designing against them or the toll it took on their body.  Any success from the QB position that skirts reading a defense, making a quick decision, and an accurate throw is just short term, in my opinion.  The league catches up, quickly.  There will be a whole slew of players drafted next year with the sole purpose of containing Lamar Jackson.  If I were to guess, once the Pats play them again in the playoffs, they will pound Lamar every snap whether he hands off the ball on RPO or not.  Defenders are guessing right now, when really they should just blow up Lamar and accept whatever consequence with Ingram because the Ravens won't continue to let Lamar get rocked like that.

I'm not one to create moving goalposts of success measurements, I see it with Garoppolo and it drives me mad.  I also realize its highly unpopular to take a contrasting stance in the middle of a guy's apex of success.  But as usual, history is my citation.  No QB in modern NFL history has had long term success while having running be such a prominent part of their game.  Any QB who started off running either morphed to a pure passer or fizzled out of the league.  If Lamar proves me wrong, god bless him, but I'm ok with being proven wrong by an outlier in Modern NFL history.  My wager is when we are talking about Lamar Jackson in 7 years it won't be for anything he's currently doing, it will be a nostalgic reference to the "next" Lamar Jackson super-athlete that comes along.

I'm sorry but the second you compared Lamar Jackson to Kordell "Slash" Stewart you should've just stopped, selected all your text, and deleted. That may be the worst take in a thread full of red hot bad takes. Kordell Stewart was a Taysum Hill type who started for a couple seasons because the league was a QB wasteland at the time. And then you're following that up with "well actually Jimmy G is the REAL MVP". I don't even know what to say to that. 

We've now moved the goalposts from "he can run, but can he throw?" to "Yeah he's ok this season but will he be running for 1000 yards in 7 seasons and throwing like Peyton because Kordell Stewart? If not then I'm still not sold". C'mon man. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

Looking at your team, Ekeler is your MVP, not Lamar. Dude is RB3 in PPR and he's been a backup the last two months. QBs are interchangeable, you must be new to FF. 

Whatever u say bro! 👍

😂

QBs who put up the stats of a QB1 AND a RB1 are not interchangeable. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I just beat the Lamar owner in the playoffs of our league streaming Tannehill who had the better game and who I just picked up lol. No QB is ever the fantasy MVP, they are pretty much interchangeable. It’s not an important position in standard leagues, Fantasy MVP is CMC. 

Lamar (drafted outside the top 100) outscored the #2 QB, Watson, by 65 points. CMC (drafted top 5) outscored the #2 RB, Dalvin Cook, by 75 points.

You are foolish.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

#1 fantasy QB Lamar Jackson has 354.78 fantasy points on the season

#9 fantasy QB Aaron Rodgers has 238.60 fantasy points for the season

So no, they are not interchangeable. Lamar is a rare beast. 

7 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Lamar (drafted outside the top 100) outscored the #2 QB, Watson, by 65 points. CMC (drafted top 5) outscored the #2 RB, Dalvin Cook, by 75 points.

You are foolish.

...and I can guarantee you that CMC will be on a lot more fantasy winning teams than Lamar will.  A fantasy RB like CMC is far more valuable than any QB unless you are in a super flex 2 QB league. 

Edited by Dexter75

9 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

#1 fantasy QB Lamar Jackson has 354.78 fantasy points on the season

#9 fantasy QB Aaron Rodgers has 238.60 fantasy points for the season

So no, they are not interchangeable. Lamar is a rare beast. 

#1 fantasy RB CMC 354.1 points

#9 fantasy RB Mark Ingram 190.9 points

Again, QBs are interchangeable and not important in standard leagues, especially PPR leagues. Thats why RBs go very early and QBs are usually 6-9th round picks. Fantasy 101 "bro". You can stream QBs all season and win a league, Ive done it. How far will you get streaming RBs? yea.... 

Edited by Dexter75

6 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

...and I can guarantee you that CMC will be on a lot more fantasy winning teams than Lamar will.  A fantasy RB like CMC is far more valuable than any QB unless you are in a super flex 2 QB league. 

but CMC was expected to beast.  Draft value plays a big role in determining the fantasy MVP.  

• Like 2

Just now, Dexter75 said:

Again, QBs are interchangeable and not important in standard leagues, especially PPR leagues. Thats why QBs are usually 6-9th round picks. Fantasy 101 "bro". 

the CMC owner in my league just got knocked out of the playoffs by a team that started Mostert who was picked up off waivers a couple weeks ago. By your reasoning that means that RBs like CMC are also interchangeable, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dexter75 said:

Again, QBs are interchangeable and not important in standard leagues, especially PPR leagues. Thats why QBs are usually 6-9th round picks. Fantasy 101 "bro". 

Yeah I drafted Lamar in the 12th round and 13th round. 

I understand QBs are not as rare and they are easier to replace. 

However, you may want to look up the word "interchangeable". 

Because in Lamar's case you literally can't replace him with anyone without a drop off. 

There are a couple QBs who are close (Mahomes, Watson) but they are usually drafted pretty early. 

So your language is too extreme. You should admit that Lamar is superior since he objectively and statistically is. 

If your argument is that he isn't worth an early round draft pick then okay. That's a different subject. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Bruh 😂 I just gave you the stats. Lamar has provided basically just as much separation from the competition as CMC despite being almost free compared to CMC’s top-5 position.

Having Lamar + 1st round pick besides CMC is just infinitely better than CMC + 10th rd pick besides Lamar.

Just now, yossarian said:

the CMC owner in my league just got knocked out of the playoffs by a team that started Mostert who was picked up off waivers a couple weeks ago. By your reasoning that means that RBs like CMC are also interchangeable, right?

We all know RBs are far more valuable than QBs. You must be new to FF. 

18 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

...and I can guarantee you that CMC will be on a lot more fantasy winning teams than Lamar will.  

and you wouldnt be saying anything that is relevant or news. You also dont even prove anything or disprove the previous posters point . CMC was drafted as the #2 or 3 player off the board and Lamar was #124 in ESPN 10 man leagues. The logic is simple teams hold onto their productive high pick drafted players. vs drop or trade them  it's also not unheard of a team having BOTH CMC and Lamar given lamars low draft capital.  Look at the chart and 10% points separate cmc and lamar on fantasy bound playoff teams on ESPN; which is not a massive gap when you take into the account how many zombie teams there are in free leagues.  I would argue that lamar is on fewer zombie teams and on more active teams given his late draft capital.

What exactly are you trying to prove? 🤣

Most Common Players In ESPN Fantasy Playoffs

PLAYER
TEAM
POS
%LEAGUES
ADP
FPTS
CAR
RB
MIN
RB
BAL
QB
NE
D/ST
LAC
RB
OAK
TE
Undrafted
NO
WR
TB
WR
KC
TE
BAL
TE
Edited by dashoe

i don't know, man. again, going by your "Ryan Tannehill is as valuable as Lamar Jackson cause I won" argument my logic is pretty air tight. I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!

I like how you keep ignoring post counts to tell people they're new and don't know anything about FF. It's a really good, trolly touch that kind of distracts from the fact that your argument is ridiculous. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Again, QBs are interchangeable and not important in standard leagues, especially PPR leagues. Thats why RBs go very early and QBs are usually 6-9th round picks. Fantasy 101 "bro". You can stream QBs all season and win a league, Ive done it. How far will you get streaming RBs? yea.... 

Hey guys He is TEACHING us that QB's are interchangeable and that rb's get drafted in early rounds. Make sure you write this stuff down! 😂

• Like 1

If you don't think there are exceptions to conventional wisdom. You must be new to life.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yossarian said:

i don't know, man. again, going by your "Ryan Tannehill is as valuable as Lamar Jackson cause I won" argument my logic is pretty air tight. I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!

I like how you keep ignoring post counts to tell people they're new and don't know anything about FF. It's a really good, trolly touch that kind of distracts from the fact that your argument is ridiculous. 

I never said Tannehill was as good as Lamar lol. What I said was QBs are not important in fantasy, they are interchangeable, assuming you draft correctly. Take a look at my team in my sig, I drafted correctly and made a good trade. Don't need a QB. You can stream QBs and win championships, you can't stream RBs and win anything. 

Edited by Dexter75

I never said Tannehill was as good as Lamar lol. What I said was QBs are not important in fantasy, they are interchangeable, assuming you draft correctly. You can stream QBs and win championships, you can't stream RBs and win anything. 

You said because you started Tannehill and beat Lamar Jackson your single point of data proved your argument that quarterbacks are interchangeable and Lamar Jackson's...value over replacement, basically...is minimal. I'm pointing out another single data point that, using your logic, shows CMC's VORP as also being minimal. your method of proving your point is bad, as shown by me using your methodology to support another clearly ridiculous statement. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Bruh 😂 I just gave you the stats. Lamar has provided basically just as much separation from the competition as CMC despite being almost free compared to CMC’s top-5 position.

Having Lamar + 1st round pick besides CMC is just infinitely better than CMC + 10th rd pick besides Lamar.

There is a world where the probability is high that a team has CMC+Dalvin+Lamar +Godwin+Ekler+Waller. 

Imagine that!  That dude belongs in the draft hall of fame! 😂

(I still don't know what the dudes point is about cmc is more valuable than  lamar so I'm just posting nonsense now)

Guys, Guys, chill.

There is an ENTIRE thread named “2019 FANTASY MVP” perfectly tailored to house this discussion.

Right now we should be spending our time freaking out about whether Lamar is gonna play on Thursday.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Guys, Guys, chill.

There is an ENTIRE thread named “2019 FANTASY MVP” perfectly tailored to house this discussion.

Right now we should be spending our time freaking out about whether Lamar is gonna play on Thursday.

or even if he does play, how much does he play? what's 2 quarters fo LJ worth? Will we get 3?

I bet they’re confident they can slap the Jets silly without him and I bet they do.

4 minutes ago, yossarian said:

or even if he does play, how much does he play? what's 2 quarters fo LJ worth? Will we get 3?

The fear is he plays and then sits 2nd half if the Ravens are up a few scores

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

I bet they’re confident they can slap the Jets silly without him and I bet they do.

Hate to say it but it's the perfect game to get your backup rb  a ton of reps before the hard playoff stretch to the SB.